bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Praise God for Little Hops!!  (Read 5281 times)

Ninny

Praise God for Little Hops!!
« on: July 28, 2009, 07:25:02 PM »

Hey everyone! The sweetest thing happened last night!
Several weeks ago my daughter-in-law took Grayson to his neurology appointment and the doctor told her he has almost no control over the left side of his body...You wouldn't know it if you just watched him play, but the doc. was OBSERVING him and said, "This child has no strength or control in the left side..." OK so he just told her to work with him and make sure he uses his left side more when he plays..The little guy will be 3 on Sept 15th and he has never been able to jump or hop..he tries and tries once he made me cry because he managed to hop and get his left foot up just a fraction! Well, last night my son sent me a little video from his cell phone in which Grayson was HOPPING around in the living room!!! He finally managed to do it!! :D :D :D

That seems like a little thing because most kids his age can jump and hop and climb, whereas Gray can climb, but not jump or hop! He is learning to learn to ride his tricycle, he runs so fast! He still stumbles a little because he is on Anti seizure medication it makes him a little dizzy and gives him little headaches once in awhile, but he is just about as normal a 2-3 year old as they come!!  :o :o

Here is where we are actually..he's still wearing his eye patch on his right eye to make the left eye work and not lose the vision..he takes the drug for the small seizures he was having..under control now!! He has scar tissue in his brain from the tumor..the doc said he doesn't think there is any tumor left! There is nerve damage in the 4th ventricle of the brain to a major nerve there..hence the crossing of the eye the tilting of his head and a few other small things...he tilts his head only on occasion now.. the doctor says when he has a few EEG's that are showing that the nerves are about healed then and no apparent seizure activity THEN he will be able to come off the meds.
When the nerves are sufficiently healed (and he doesn't think the damage to the nerve to his eye muscle will heal) then they will do some laser surgery to repair his eye! Maybe God will heal that up, too!! So..in a couple of years Grayson may no longer be considered a "special needs child"!! Right now you have to stop and remind yourself that he has things in his brain that complicate his little life, because he isn't at all disabled, thank our wonderful Father for that!!! ;D

So that's an update on my little munchkin (who by the way) gets his fair share of little butt spankings because he is quite the little monster at times!!  :D :D who wouldn't be? getting all the attention that he has gotten over the last 9 months! If you get on to him my oh my you'd think his heart was broken...I think he knows how to play that card pretty well!! Oh and he is completely potty trained!! way to go mommy!!! yaay!!!  :D
You guys have all been such a blessing to me through all of this...
I love you all!!
Kathy :D ;)

Marky Mark

Re: Praise God for Little Hops!!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 07:55:11 PM »

Kathy,that is wonderful news ;D. My hope and prayers are for a full recovery, healing, and blessing for your little "munchkin" Grayson. All Praise to our Father of Love and Mercy :).

Peace...Mark

meee

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 08:26:49 PM »

I second what Mark said Kathy.
  hugs,meee

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 08:55:25 PM »

Hi Kathy,

Great news on Grayson, GOD Is Working in the little fellow's life. I know how you feel about the little kinder, same as i do about my two granddaughters. It is good to know that The Faith Given to us By GOD; causes us to grow and learn to be in HIS Will, when we Pray.

george. ;D

Roy Coates

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 11:27:40 PM »

Awesome, thanks for the update. Praise the Lord ;D ;D

Linny

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 11:27:54 PM »

Thanks for sharing that Kathy. He is such a little trooper! And very loved... ;)
Loveya, Lin

NoviceBeliever

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 12:53:14 AM »

Praise our Father!  I'm hopping for joy!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 01:03:41 AM by NoviceBeliever »

Marlene

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 01:13:59 AM »

Wonderful  news Kathy! Makes me feel happy too!

In His Love,
Marlene

Ellie

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 10:10:18 AM »

:)Happy news Kathy. Will continue to pray for him.

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 06:31:11 PM »

yes kathy, praise God for the little "hops". as grayson is progressing little hop by little hop, we too are progressing in baby step by baby step. then if we remain faithful to this journey, we will progress in big leaps. BIG hops to the point where we will one day skip and hop and jump for joy as He abides in us through our Personal Savior Jesus Christ. your grayson is a parable in the flesh but spiritual in kind.

claudia

9440geoff

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 07:54:33 PM »

It's great to hear such good news, Kathy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.