bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glade to be back  (Read 11471 times)

bluzman

Re: Glade to be back
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 01:26:04 PM »

Hello there Darren,
Good to hear from you. Your last name is very familiar to me. Were you born in Louisiana?
I am from a part of Canada where a lot of people had to leave, were forced to leave, because of politics and religion.
A lot of folks went to the South and started their lives over. Shame on Canada.
I love most music. The only form I really don't care for is rap. The messages there don't sit too well with me.
   I have music from old bluesmen like Robert Johnson into rock n roll, country rock in its' different forms, country to jazz.
  A lot of it is beyond my abilities to pull off well. I try to get in a little time each day on the guitar.
I feel for you and all of the people who were devastated by Katrina. One of my nephews lives in Beaumont Texas. He did do some
work there in New Orleans with an EMS group during that terrible time.
I hope to be able to keep in touch with you.
Peace Brother, Ches

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 01:55:19 PM »

Welcome back, Darren.  Still cooking?
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

darren

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 11:56:11 PM »

Hey Dave, It's good to see ya. I missed you guys. Yes I am still cooking. Man, now that I think about it, I've been working in the restaurant biz. for 30yrs. WOW!!, that is a long time. To bad It was not at one place. I could have Retiered. Anyway, it sure is kind of you to take the time to notice the small things in ones life. I'm glade your still here. Hey I have a great idea. I plan on going to the Mobile conf. and If anyone is flying into New Orleans and then driving to Mobile they will have to pass right by my house. I live right off interstate 10 close to the Miss. state line. A city named Slidell. From there it's about 3hrs to Mobile. All of yall can stop over my house and I will cook up some cajun favorits.
Sea food Gumbo, soft shell crab, BBQ jumbo shrimp, or how bout we do a crawfish boil or better known as (crayfish) depending on where your from. OH YAAA!! Now that"s New Orleans. We'll have a good ol time. Then we'll be on our way.

Darren
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 12:32:40 AM by darren »

darren

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 12:12:26 AM »

Hey Bluzman: Yes, I was born in Louisisna. Arseneaux,(r-sin-no). The Arseneauxs orginated from France. Came over in the 1700s Landed in Louisiana. One of my kin whos last name was Tibadeaux (Tib-a-doe) ended up in Louisiana and the place they lived was named after him. He actually was the founder of  Tibadeaux, which is now a city in La. This is what my family tree said. One never knows,  some of thoes branches could be wrong. Anyway, You stated that many people were forced to leave Canada due to religious or political reasons. How long ago was that?? I thought Canada was a democrated country.

Darren

the goldfields

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2009, 03:04:42 AM »

Hi Darren,
Nice to meet you.  :)
It is good that you have returned!
I look forward to reading your thoughts... not that I can read thoughts or anything but... well, you know what I mean.   :D

Sam

darren

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2009, 04:56:29 AM »

Thanks goldfields, It is very nice to meet y'all. I also look forward to having great conversations with y'all.

Thanks,

Darren

bluzman

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2009, 01:42:52 PM »

Bonjour mon amie,
             Darren, you are making my mouth water with all that talk about seafood. I was raised on all that, except crawdads.
I sure would love to taste some of your cookin. I can't cook worth a darn, but always wanted to be able to make a nice meal.
I believe that I have seen every cooking show that has been on t.v. I have a great old book by Jeanette Benoit. She was popular
here in the early sixties. There was a cook that I liked out of Louisiana, name was Justin Austin if I remember correctly.
He wore big braces for his pants. He sure had that accent. He would say Honions instead on onions. Newfies do the same thing,
add a H were there isn't one and drop it if it's supposed to be spoken out loud.
            As far as the recorded history of this part of the continent, and the eastern part of the U.S., the historians don't make finding
the facts on some of these terrible things that were done easy to be discovered.
Very briefly, what is now known as Ontario and Quebec was in the early 1700s, known as New France. Today there are two small
islands not too far off the east coast that are still the sovereign territory of France.
France lost the war to the British on the Plains of Abraham just outside of Quebec City. The British divided the territory into the two provinces that we now know. Anyone who would not swear allegiance to the Crown were exiled. They were allowed to take only what they could carry.They were put on ships and a lot were lost at sea.
You also have the United Empire Loyalists who came north out of the 13 Colonies.
Acadians who were born here, such as ;
Nova Scotia / Cape Britain, New Brunswick, and the Gaspe Peninsula, were scattered all along the east coast down into Florida and of course to Louisiana. A good number of them went back to France, probably the ones who could afford the passage.
 This all started before the Seven Year War in Europe, the Quebec Act, the Church with it's forced tithes and other things,the Revolutionary War, and the Spanish.

I expect that some folks in Louisiana don't realize that their ancestors were born here. Of course a lot did come from France, but not all.
 Perhaps someone has written a paper on the exile of the French people from here.
I had a buddy back in the late sixties. His name is Joe Auger (ausiea).
Good to meet you Darren,
Bluzman

darren

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2009, 05:53:05 PM »

Hey Bluzman, You had the first name right Justin Last name Willson.Yea he was a trip.
thanks for the history lesson. I love history.

Darren
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.