bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Being called out of Babylon younger and younger....  (Read 7713 times)

deftarchangel

Being called out of Babylon younger and younger....
« on: July 29, 2009, 02:25:37 PM »

I just read this article this morning.  And although I am relieved and thankful that no one was hurt in this incident (though I wonder what punishment the kid got for pulling a stunt like this), I found it funny nonetheless the lengths some kids will go to to avoid going to church.  Right idea perhaps, just the wrong way to do it (should've waited until he at least got his license!).   ;D

July 29, 2009

7-year-old takes car to avoid church

PLAIN CITY, Utah - Police in Utah say a 7-year-old boy led officers on a car chase in an effort to avoid going to church.

Dispatchers received reports of a child driving recklessly on Sunday morning. Weber County Sheriff's Capt. Klint Anderson says one witness said the boy drove through a stop sign.

Anderson says two deputies caught up with the boy and tried unsuccessfully to stop the Dodge Intrepid in an area about 45 miles (72 kilometres) north of Salt Lake City. The car reached 40 mph (64 kph) before the boy stopped in a driveway and ran inside a home.

Anderson says when the boy's father later confronted him, the boy said he didn't want to go to church. The boy is too young to prosecute and no citations were issued, although police did urge the father to make his car keys more inaccessible to children.

:)

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Re: Being called out of Babylon younger and younger....
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 02:58:14 PM »

Cute story...but there is probably a rather lengthy thread in what you said here.  I have witnessed that it's been mostly the older ones who are being called out of Babylon.  I became a 'Christian' when I was 20 and wandered in the wilderness of my denomination for many years and even more years after that in fruitless searching.  I'm 47 now and it hasn't been until the last few years that I have come to really begin to understand some of the truth behind what I thought I had locked down solid as a man in my twenties.

A lot of water has to pass under the bridge and a lot of time spent in the wilderness for most of us in order for our house of sand to finally fall.  Young people who really see these truths have to have an accelerated learning curve in spiritual things which for most of us come with time and wandering.

Linny

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 03:23:53 PM »

At our house it was my husband who very quietly hated going to church! 
The decision to quit was an easy one for him!  ;)

Arion, I am also 47 and my husband 45. I have an 11 yr old daughter who has caused our jaws to drop since she was a small child with her wisdom in all things Spiritual. Me, I had to and am having to go through the wringer to get here.  :P

All in God's timing and God's plan for us.

daywalker

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 03:42:38 PM »

Cute story...but there is probably a rather lengthy thread in what you said here.  I have witnessed that it's been mostly the older ones who are being called out of Babylon.  I became a 'Christian' when I was 20 and wandered in the wilderness of my denomination for many years and even more years after that in fruitless searching.  I'm 47 now and it hasn't been until the last few years that I have come to really begin to understand some of the truth behind what I thought I had locked down solid as a man in my twenties.

A lot of water has to pass under the bridge and a lot of time spent in the wilderness for most of us in order for our house of sand to finally fall.  Young people who really see these truths have to have an accelerated learning curve in spiritual things which for most of us come with time and wandering.

I think tragedies have much to do with this. Not that we ALL don't face them, as we all do.. But, at least for me, it was a few tragedies that 'started my Spiritual wheels turning in another direction'. First, it was my Nana who died, and some in my church told me that she might not be in Heaven, because she hardly ever went to church. What? I thought. How could Jesus send my Nana to Hell? She was one of the sweetest ladies I ever knew! Then it was the death of my 'dad' [by birth only...] He was never around, I perhaps met him half a dozen times--and most of those when I was a small child. For years I hated him... but then when I heard of his death, suddenly I felt compassion and pity for him. This caused me to question the doctrine of eternal torment as well--seeing that I, a sinful human could forgive a man who didn't deserve my pardon... Yet Jesus Christ couldn't do likewise? Am I more righteous, loving and forgiving than My Saviour? Yeah, right!

But of course, nobody in my church had any good answers... Most chalked it up to, well, I guess we'll all know the rest of the story when we get to heaven. But that wasn't good enough for me... and THANKS TO GOD He led me to BT!

- Christopher  8)

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 04:08:12 PM »

Young people who really see these truths have to have an accelerated learning curve in spiritual things which for most of us come with time and wandering.

All is of God, not of ourselves...we have no confidence in the flesh (whether black or white, young or old, male or female, etc.). We put forth no worthy accomplishments or attributes to God for Him to reveal Himself to us...it is only on His time and His Will.

Rom 11:36  For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things...

Phil 3:3  For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

1 Cor 27:29  God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Hope this helps,

Marques

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 04:34:47 PM »

No argument with what you said Mharrell.  All is of God.  He does the chosing, He does the calling, He opens the eyes of the blind and it's all in His timing and not ours.  I'm just making the observation that it seems that for most of us there are a lot of things God has us go through first before He opens our eyes to the Babylon we are in.  God choose Samuel from a small child to hear his voice.  But that does seem to be the exception to how God usually operates.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 04:35:51 PM by Arion »

daywalker

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 05:19:47 PM »

No argument with what you said Mharrell.  All is of God.  He does the chosing, He does the calling, He opens the eyes of the blind and it's all in His timing and not ours.  I'm just making the observation that it seems that for most of us there are a lot of things God has us go through first before He opens our eyes to the Babylon we are in.  God choose Samuel from a small child to hear his voice.  But that does seem to be the exception to how God usually operates.

Well, maybe not...

Matthew 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Mark 10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Luke 18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

Looks like another Spiritual lesson for those who have the ears to "hear His voice".  :D ;D ;)

- Daywalker  8)

rbn

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 06:07:31 PM »

God protected that boy...no accidents occurred while driving? And he drove home and parked the vehicle in the driveway? That is amazing!

Hopefully that boy's father will be called out of Babylon and someday will understand why the boy didn't want to go to church. I thank God it had a happy ending.

gmik

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 09:03:12 PM »

Its still sad tho.  I thought at 7 all churches had amazing kid things to do.

musicman

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 02:09:46 AM »

Personally, I sort of agree with Dawkin's when he says that children should not be labled by any religion, because they have not matured enough to make such a decision.  But regarding Matt 18:4:  That child is anything but humble.  He drove 45 miles.  How many 7 year olds can reach the pedals and see through the front of a car?

Utah huh?  I heard they were gonna make a movie out of that incident.

"Mormon and The Juvenile Bandit" 

Ninny

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 11:08:15 AM »

I guess we've all been a little guilty of labeling our children, musicman...they are usually defined by what their parents do..thankfully some are able to escape those labels and find their own way in God..  ;)
Kathy :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.