bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Honeybees and humanity?  (Read 6205 times)

Marky Mark

Honeybees and humanity?
« on: July 27, 2009, 12:38:54 PM »

I find it interesting how God can use the base things of this world to confound the wise.Last night I watched a show on PBS concerning the plight of the honeybee.With all of the problems in this world, one of this magnitude surely would and could have a profound effect on all peoples of planet Earth, if the Lord so desires. Such a tiny animal to have so much power over the people of the Earth is something to ponder and meditate on. To me, this dilemma is mindbogglingly,of an epic proportion.

Isa.7; 18 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall hiss for the fly that is in the uttermost part of the rivers of Egypt, and for the bee that is in the land of Assyria. 19 And they shall come, and shall rest all of them in the desolate valleys, and in the holes of the rocks, and upon all thorns, and upon all bushes

Isa. 13;5They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the LORD, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.

Isa.5;26 He lifts up a banner for the distant nations,
       he whistles for those at the ends of the earth.
       Here they come,
       swiftly and speedily!

60 Minutes exposé on the dying honeybee.
 Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRBJf57aNp4

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RZv9BvQJ-A&NR=1

Peace...Mark
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 12:54:55 PM by Marky Mark »

Kat

Re: Honeybees and humanity?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 01:05:58 PM »

Yea I saw that too Mark.  The problem seems to be so complicated and not one particular thing.  The bees pollinate 1/3 of our food supply, so it could have far reaching consequences  :(

Mercy, peace and love
Kat 

firefly77

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 04:33:10 PM »

Just a little observation from my garden... I hardly see any honey bees around, but the yellow jacket and wasp population seems to be growing. I don't know if there is any scientific data for this; they are everywhere and mean little insects!

ez2u

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 01:39:48 AM »

the yellow jacket pollinates the vegetation too.  much more I am told than the honey bee.  we had a big nest in our yard a week ago at night we took gasoline, you have to be very careful. pour about 1/2 pint on the nest took a long and i mean long match and lite the nest.  Its a big whole in the ground.  The combs were 2 feet deep and it looked like the earth was on firer.  Neat
what is dangerous is the flumes which quickly spreads out when you light it and if you are standing close to the nest with the gasoline container.  well its good bye time   Its very dangerous.  Not for kids to mess with. 
those yellow jackets bites are like poison to me.  I swell up for days.

Roy Martin

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 09:41:17 AM »

Being the gardener I am, involved with plants daily, and over the years have noticed a decline in many species of insects and some reptiles. The lady bug has almost vanished. I haven't seen one for years. These that gather up each year in clusters are not lady bugs. I think it is entirely due to pesticides and chemical fertilizers and nothing else.
 The truth will always be pushed aside for the sake of big money.Get the people thinking this and that. Put other possibility's in their head.
 Isn't it odd that the symptoms of the bee are similar to  Alzheimer disease and other human illness? Oh but they won't dare go there.
 Anytime things are brought to the public, there will be cover up and lies.

Roy

Kat

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 12:10:19 PM »

Hi Roy,

I agree with you, I think that there is a terrible overuse of chemicals by gardeners, but especially by commercial growers.  And yes people do not want to face this truth, because growing organic means you have to allow some crop damage from bugs and not get the maximum production, not exceptable for the commercial growers.  It seems so many are willing to sacrifice the future for the immediate results and I believe it's a terrible price that is being paid.  Honey bee die offs is just one of the undeniable things that this overuse is causing.  Another is the growing dead zone in the oceans at the mouth of rivers, caused by chemical runoff.

I do not let these thing disturb me so much any more, as I know this is a part of His plan and how it must be for now.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Marky Mark

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 12:31:56 PM »

I do not let these thing disturb me so much any more, as I know this is a part of His plan and how it must be for now.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Kat,a big Amen to that ;).

Peace...Mark

firefly77

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 12:56:56 PM »

Roy,
You may be pleased to know that here in Eastern WA (Airway Heights), we still have many lady bugs. I see at least 4 or 5 a day when I am outside. I have always thought they were so cute  :). The only thing I use on my garden is fertilizer. I haven't used any kind of spray to keep the bugs down.
Angie

Roy Martin

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 02:08:31 PM »

Yes Kat you are right. We can't let these things worry us. A reason for everything.
 I never thought I would see so many changes and destruction in this life time. Times change, but the world remains the same, or at least for now.

Peace
Roy

ez2u

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 05:37:15 PM »

One of the things we can do is support our local organic farmers.  In Florida we have a nursery that sells lady bugs.  I just saw this the other day passing by.  In the area that I am living people are very up on organic foods and  eating raw foods.  Florida has two growing seasons but the soil isn't as rich in nutrients. as the good black dirt of the Midwest.
The reforms of our country will be grass-rooted movements, as usual, don't expect much from the government.

gmik

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 09:26:56 PM »

I noticed a decrease in fireflies this summer.

2 years ago our house was infested w/ ladybugs and we had to have the bug guy come-that and box elders!  Yuck.

How much is cyclical?  due to weather patterns? due to warm/colder winters?  I always think that way first.  Then I may think evil people and evil corporations are behind it all.

Only God could have made the bee's proportions and still be able to fly.  That is sorta impossible.  And only God will allow its demise. (I am not a Darwinian) :D

Roy Martin

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 07:54:37 AM »

I stand to be corrected.
 gmik the bugs you had are not the American lady bugs we always saw as we were growing up. They are the Asian Lady beetle that migrated to this country 10+ years ago. They are called lady bugs but are different.
 The American lady bug isn't a pest like the kind you mentioned. We have them here too, and they are nasty
an annoying that wants to do nothing but get into the house. They wont hardly even stay on a plant that I have noticed. I havent seen the American lady beetle in years. They are red with black spots or black with red spots; good bugs that stay on plants and eat aphids ;D

Roy

gmik

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 03:53:48 PM »

Oh, I never knew that!  hmmmm  thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.