bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lazarus and the rich man  (Read 4349 times)

TheRysta

Lazarus and the rich man
« on: August 03, 2009, 11:53:29 AM »

I have just read Ray's paper about this and it's like I've had a revelation, I'm overjoyed!

I might not have announced this yet, but I am generally over the fear of hell that I used to have already. But last night I got no sleep because I was worrying about life after death. Obviously I remembered Lazarus and the Rich Man and I was lost with it. I've read the whole thing today and it makes a heck of a lot of sense. I really wasn't expecting to find out that they represented Jews and Gentiles.

I just want to praise Ray for the work he's put into it. He darts back and forth throughout the bible, it's phenomenal. I probably wouldn't have spotted the things he did in a lifetime. I mean granted, some of it has already been researched... but I still couldn't have written that paper.

I guess if there's one thing that bugs me (because now all else makes sense), why does it mention that Lazarus and the Rich Man died and were buried? This is obviously significant, but I was thinking, does it represent literal death or a symbolic changing of the ages? If it does, then it's quite a weird symbol to use. Jesus never talked about any ages before the harvest in his other parables; or not that I'm farmiliar with.

- Ryan

gmik

Re: Lazarus and the rich man
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 04:18:09 PM »

Laz. and rich man paper was the one that "pushed me over"!  First paper I read on the BT site.  it made so MUCH sense! I read it the 2nd time w/ my bible, then I used an online version to check out each of Ray's references etc.... I couldn't believe I had been "dragged" to this wonderful site!!  I've been blessed ever since. ;D

daywalker

Re: Lazarus and the rich man
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 05:54:24 PM »

...I guess if there's one thing that bugs me (because now all else makes sense), why does it mention that Lazarus and the Rich Man died and were buried? This is obviously significant,

- Ryan

Hey Ryan,

Yes, it is very significant; as that is what 'literally' and 'actually' happened to Lazarus and the Rich man. Lazarus didn't 'literally' go to a place called Abraham's bosom. And the Rich man didn't 'literally' go to Hades. They both "died and were buried".

The rest is a parable, as you have read and seen for yourself.

Peace, Out

Daywalker  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.