bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Catholics  (Read 12016 times)

ez2u

Re: Catholics
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 01:41:00 AM »

discussing this doesn't mean  we are criticizing Catholics  it mean we are setting boundaries in our mind as to what is right and what isn't.  Most of us here are very young spiritually and we know we have a long  long way to go.  i was shocked to read that Mary was our salvation,  my head started swirling  i didn't know what to do i wanted to run out of there and how was i going to handle the ride home?  Those were my thoughts and how do i or will i be able to share with my sister.  Prayer was first and then stillness, answers that were true but not revealing.  I did not want to dist;disturbed the sleeping mind.  The Holy Spirit was certainly not directing me to correct them.  It has been an excised in discipline of my mouth, thoughts and deepening in my faith in Christ.  YES i am very thankful for the wonderful fellowship here  Praise the Lord!!!  peggy

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2009, 04:57:02 AM »

don't chew the communion wafer because it is Jesus...really?

most definitely a boundary drawn on that one, as to what is (scripturally) right and wrong. that would be a resounding WRONG paleface.

claudia

Phil3:10

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 10:31:04 PM »

To All,
This post has indeed been very interesting. It does point out to me the futility of ritualism. I see most of Christianity as wrapped up in rituals, programs, and traditions of men. I do feel the thing missing most is the person of the LORD JESUS CHRIST. HIS simplicity, HIS humility, HIS liberty and most of all just HIM. If we just could learn the simple lesson that JESUS, THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD is all we will ever need. Religion is mankind's way of trying to reach GOD while GOD just wants us to love and obey HIS PERFECT SON. We don't need churches, we just need CHRIST. HE and THE FATHER are one.
If we all could just concentrate on CHRIST, HIS teachings, and HIS perfect example we could forget all about churches and go about doing the simple and yet profound things HE asks of each of us. Notice, HE did not say it would be easy, but HE did say HE would never forsake us. Praise HIS Holy Name!
In HIM,
Phil 3:10
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.