bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Chance To Witness  (Read 5762 times)

Marlene

A Chance To Witness
« on: August 06, 2009, 01:57:54 AM »

Today, My Mother and I sat down beside a man in the Mall. He stuck up a conversation with us. He could not believe my Mother was 88. Then she told him about my neice. He thought it was really hard to understand, why so many have cancer. But, also how the world is in general. How so many wicked never seem to suffer while others do.

He told us he was not a religious man. That, he had so many questions. He cannot stand TV ministers. He told us his sister had been a christian for years and goes to church. He then said,"That , she has begun to question most everything in the church.

I then told him the same began to happen to me. So, we started discussing things. I told him about Ray's website and that God led me there. I told him that eveyone would eventually be saved but reading his website really helps you understand. He really enjoyed talking to us and thought what I shared made sense.

He said, "Anyone could get up on stage and act like those TV ministers and make all kinds of money. He thought it was sick how they make money from the name of God. He said,"It did not make sense to him how some like Jimmy Baker and others proved what they were and still make money off of Christ".

I told him there was no Hell.  I told him how that all got started. He never thought a loving God who puts us through hard things in this life would ever torture us. So, this man does not call himself a christian. But, God has opened his eyes and ears to truth.

I never had a plan for this conversation. But, God did.

In His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

Re: A Chance To Witness
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 02:45:39 AM »

Nice Marlene,

GOD Will lead whom HE Will to whom HE Wills.

george. ;D

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 02:57:53 AM »

Thanks for sharing, Marlene.  I've been thinking an awful lot lately about what this good news gospel means to the world and how those in the world (as opposed to those in the churches) might recieve or reject it.  You've given me more food for thought, and I appreciate it.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Roy Coates

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 07:07:41 AM »

Great testimony, thanks Marlene

Roy Martin

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 09:08:13 AM »

Marlene, yes it leaves you with a good feeling when someone listens to the truth.Funny thing is that the ones most likely to listen and believe are the ones not in the churches. It seems that they saw or sensed the lies, greed for money, etc. long before we did.

Roy

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 02:41:15 PM »

Marlene, I have been able to share some of these truths with a few people lately, it's funny, kind of ..I can't believe the words that actually come out of my mouth and the passion...I am good at writing, but speaking is NOT my strong suit! Just goes to show you God can use even the weak to show His extreme love to those who are needing it!! :D
Kathy ;)

Phil3:10

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 04:23:15 PM »

Marlene,
A wonderful testimony and perhaps GOD has planted a seed using you and your mother. I have a good friend who has a jailhouse ministry that is always telling me how he led someone to CHRIST. I always try to refute this statement by simply saying that only the SPIRIT OF GOD can lead someone to CHRIST. However, my friend wants too much of the credit and feels that it is his witnessing that played a big part in the decision.
It gives me great pleasure to see that you give all the credit to our GOD and that HE is using little folks like us and big folks like Ray Smith to spread HIS wonderful truths. May GOD continue to use all of us to help touch others with HIS perfect truths.
In HIM,

Marky Mark

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 05:09:47 PM »

Marlene,
A wonderful testimony and perhaps GOD has planted a seed using you and your mother. I have a good friend who has a jailhouse ministry that is always telling me how he led someone to CHRIST. I always try to refute this statement by simply saying that only the SPIRIT OF GOD can lead someone to CHRIST. However, my friend wants too much of the credit and feels that it is his witnessing that played a big part in the decision.
It gives me great pleasure to see that you give all the credit to our GOD and that HE is using little folks like us and big folks like Ray Smith to spread HIS wonderful truths. May GOD continue to use all of us to help touch others with HIS perfect truths.
In HIM,

:o  ::)  ;)

Eph 2:8 For in grace, through faith, are you saved, and this is not out of you; it is God's approach present,
Eph 2:9 not of works, lest anyone should be boasting."
Eph 2:10 For His achievement are we, being created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God makes ready beforehand, that we should be walking in them."

Peace...Mark

Marlene

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 11:01:02 PM »

I never really had an urgency while in Babylon to force God on anyone. I knew, that when I was a child that God drew me to him. I knew, it was all him and had nothing to do with me. He was a great childhood friend to me. He has always been a great friend even when I walked away.  I knew, I could not save myself let alone me think I saved anyone.

If, God presents a time to witness it will happen just like it did this day.

Yes, I agree those who are not in Babylon seem to understand better about God. The only thing I feel I should do is to talk of the Good News Gospel as God leads. I know, only God draws us. Some now and some latter.

What, I really love is that I have been able to share with most of my family members and they seem at peace with what I believe. It is a trying time for my family right now. But, the true Good News Gospel gives great peace to us at this time.

God puts people in our life and they will see the light he gives out in us.

I am far from boasting. I boast in his wonderful Love for all humanity.

In His Love,
Marlene

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 03:07:03 PM »

Marlene,
What a beautiful way you express your relationship with GOD. HE is doing a wonderful work through you.
In HIM,

ez2u

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 02:50:38 AM »

sounds like it strengthen you too.  Jesus is sooo good.  peggy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 23 queries.