bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One mans junk becomes another mans treasure  (Read 6353 times)

Roy Martin

One mans junk becomes another mans treasure
« on: August 07, 2009, 09:56:53 AM »

Hello everyone.
  This post was inspired by Joe's topic; ( Forum blues,) that was inspired by my post; (Deleted my account).
One mans junk becomes another mans treasure.
  I shared with the forum my feelings about deleting my account ( my junk). I put it out on the curb to be carried away. Joe comes by and sees it and picks it up, takes it home, cleans it up and sets it up on a nice little display. Lets say it was an old lamp. Joe now has something he didn't have, and he enjoys it. He has friends over and one says, "hey Joe that old lamp you have is a treasure, it could be worth a lot of money."
  What I'm trying to get to is that we all have what we think is junk. We can toss it into a bag that no one can see and throw it away. It can't become another s treasure if we hide it. We can burn it, thinking it has no value.
  All of us has something that is a treasure to someone. Feelings, thoughts, trials , testimonies, prayer request, input on a topic, etc. These are treasures to all of us, but sometimes only one person or maybe two or three will take it home and see it as a treasure. Some times many.
  I have a friend that loves junk. He can smell a junk pile a mile away. He always has his eyes open for one. His house is full of what some people call junk. He has it displayed all over his walls and yard, but the way its displayed it looks like art. It could be just a piece of old wire or a bottle or and old tire wheel that he brought home and made it into a decorative water sprinkler.
  When someone stops posting for whatever their reasons might be, then we are deprived of treasures, and so are they. Sometimes the smallest of treasures can be found at the bottom of the pile.
  I have noticed how one little reply to a post can open many doors to scriptures and how they are applied to our daily lives. Someone will find the treasure even if its at the bottom where a lot of people won't go.
  When we post on the forum we are bringing Gods word into view of a better understanding. We make mistakes, we get corrected by Scripture that people quote. The treasures are endless.
  Feelings get hurt, offense gets taken, some feel neglected and so on but if we give up on trying then no one gets to receive what you might think is unimportant or junk that becomes someone else s treasure.
  How does God work in this world? He works through people. He uses us to reach other people.
What we might think to be small or have no meaning, can mean a lot to God.

Well maybe I made my point to someone.
Reading and studying is good, but denying someone a treasure is not. I think that many of the, (just readers) have many many treasures waiting to be put out on the curb.
Has anyone seen that show where people take stuff they found in their attic or picked up at a garage sale to appraisers and find out what they thought was junk turns out to be an antique worth lots of money?
 To those that have nothing to say; you are like an attic or garage sale with unknown treasures waiting to be brought out for the appraisers. Your junk, my junk, your words, thoughts feelings, testimonies, prayer request, input,etc. I can only speak for myself, but I want to see your stuff to see if you have any junk to become mine or someone else s treasure ;D ;D
Don't think I'm putting anyone down. This is about encouragement and inspiration, and sharing, and opening the doors and mysteries of the Scriptures through and from all and those that no longer want to post or reply.
 Just about everyone has been to the family gatherings or some sort of event that everyone brings food. Some people think oh this will be a good dish; everyone will love it and no one comments on it. And then there will be someone that brings something that you don't expect will be all that good and everyone loves it and wants the recipe. Well what do you do if no one spoke anything about your dish? Do you stop bringing food to the table, or do you try to make a better recipe for the next time. It should do nothing more than make you want to be a better cook. Its the thought that counts.
  Am I getting my point across to anyone?
Please correct me if I'm being out of line here.
 All is said in love and hunger. ;D
Peace
Roy
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 02:18:13 PM by Roy Martin »

Marky Mark

Re: One mans junk becomes another mans treasure
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 11:55:55 AM »

Roy,thank you for the great insight into what is one mans junk could be another mans treasure. Your post rings loud of truth and also reminds me of another parable to add to the parables post. :)

Peace...Mark

Roy Martin

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 12:24:30 PM »

That's what I'm talking about Mark. A reminder of another parable for you to post.
My junk, your treasure to pass on to  become someone Else's treasure.
 They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Well I don't entirely believe that, but I do believe that an old dog could show us a few things.

Roy  
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 12:31:22 PM by Roy Martin »

firefly77

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 12:24:43 PM »

Roy,
Thank you... I totally agree.

Angie

meee

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 12:29:03 PM »

Roy,
       Thank you kind sir!
         hugs,meee

Roy Martin

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 12:39:48 PM »

Mark, yes sir, amen to that.

Roy

Just so no one misunderstands. I'm not referring myself as the old dog.
 All I can do is pass all my garage sale junk on to someone that can use it. 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 12:46:22 PM by Roy Martin »

bluzman

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 01:25:23 PM »

Roy I do believe that I can see the Mona Lisa. 8)
P.S. From a not too old dog I hope!!! ;D
Bluzman

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 08:53:29 PM »

Roy, my friend, that is exactly right! Sometimes the smallest thing becomes the most treasured thing...You've heard the saying, "Love isn't love 'til you give it away." Yes? That's what I have found here in this place..people to love that I never knew I could have the capacity for! People to love me when I don't feel lovable and I myself should be placed on that curb!! God is so good! I am so glad that He would never throw me away! I am His treasure!  You all are my treasures! :-*
Kathy ;)

9440geoff

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 08:47:26 AM »

Hi Roy,

Thank you for a timely post that I thoroughly agree with. I have been so blessed by so many posts, both long and short, by regular posters, and not so regular posters. As we are all different, one piece of junk might just reach our wavelength, but not others, who may appreciate a different piece of junk more.

Just as an aside, here in France we have to take our rubbish to a communal bin, of which there are several in each road, every 200 metres or so. What I've noticed folk do, if they have something that is too good to throw away, but of no use to themselves, is place it beside the bin instead of in it, so that someone who can make use of it can take it. I believe most of us here have something that once belonged to a neighbour!

Geoff

acomplishedartis

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 06:13:14 PM »

Hi Roy

I really like that phrase  ''One mans junk becomes another mans treasure''

My personal phrase in my mind is ' I will eat and be content (and consider enough) with whatever there is now'

I picked up an small dog from the streets a few weeks ago, it was hungry and homeless, now i think that dog would follow me to my end.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 04:10:22 PM by moshe »

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 06:42:51 PM »

moises,
i have missed you my little brother. i am happy to hear you have taken in a homeless dog and gave it a place to call home. dogs are unique and awesome in the way they show their loyalty and love. you are a kind and generous soul. homeless dogs are another example of one man's junk becomes another man's treasure. enjoy your new treasure.

claudia

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 06:46:55 PM »

Moises,
 :D ;D Great!
Kathy ;)

Roy Martin

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 09:41:26 PM »

Gotta admire and respect a person that loves animals. Great character traits.

Good to hear from all of you.

Roy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.