bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two sides to loving the world  (Read 5182 times)

YellowStone

Two sides to loving the world
« on: June 10, 2006, 11:19:31 PM »

Would anyone mind checking over my reasoning on the following.

John made it very clear that we are NOT to love the world or anything in the world.

1Jo 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things
[that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.  [/list:u]My question is this physical or spiritual?

For through my eyes, the beauty that the world has to offer, from the largest of mountains to the tiniest single celled organism is testament to the love and majesties of our Heavenly Father.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made,
[even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:[/list:u]It's not hard to see God in a Rainbow or the sweet fragrance of a flower. How about the smell of freshly cut hay or fluffy white clouds in a bright blue sky. Who can ignore the warmth, the sounds of children at play, bring?

Gosh, I love all of these thing, not spiritually but physically. Each one of these and countless others were given by God for our enjoyment. Such as these fill me with love; love and appreciation to our God and his Son, for allowing a sinner such as I to experience their inner qualities first hand.

So I am confused when told that I must not love the "things" of this world. Really? If such "things" were given by God, then what is the problem?

Could it be that we "must" see God in all things, see him and know him through all that he has made. If so, then perhaps the spiritual meaning is that we must not love anything of this world so much, as to spiritually place it in front of God.

Exd 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.[/list:u]Am I on the right track here?

Thoughts, comments welcome.

With Love,

YellowStone

Falconn003

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 12:20:35 AM »

Reminds me of a song called "Rocky Mountian High" by John Denver,

who had a fatal accident, when the  fellow  flew his plane into the side of the same mountains he sung of.......

Me thinks....he sure did loved the world.

Rodger

Daniel

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 02:41:01 AM »

Yellowstone,

These might help, references to the world and the lusts thereof. This one starts in James and goes forward through what he is speaking of.

James 4:1 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

James 4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

(this does not happen in me when I enjoy nature) :lol:

James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, "because" ye ask amiss, that "ye may consume it" upon your lusts.

In these things they are as followed

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Its the warring and the lusts

Romans 8:7 ..the carnal mind is enmity against God

1Cr 2:16For all that is "in the world", the "lust" of the flesh, and the "lust" of the eyes, and the "pride" of life, is "not of the Father", but is of the world.

1John 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the "lust thereof": but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

2Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world "through lust".

That referred to in James (above) is resistig the devil concerning these lusts.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

I personally love to behold a beautiful sunrise or anything in nature. What I love is that which strikes an awe that speaks to me "of God's invisble" powers through them. I don't lust it :lol:  I cant make the connection its speaking of the same thing. Someone might differ with me on that, but thats okay. One would call "money evil" not understanding its the "love of it" that is, not money itself. I don't see how trees can be evil, or mountains etc. I can't even lust for them, can you? :lol:  It might be as we perceive something (especially in light of the above).

I love this verse, seems to describe the eyes you are looking through in these things.

Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

Thats how I see it.

Peace

Daniel

YellowStone

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 03:41:11 AM »

Quote from: Daniel
I personally love to behold a beautiful sunrise or anything in nature. What I love is that which strikes an awe that speaks to me "of God's invisble" powers through them. I don't lust it  I cant make the connection its speaking of the same thing. Someone might differ with me on that, but thats okay. One would call "money evil" not understanding its the "love of it" that is, not money itself. I don't see how trees can be evil, or mountains etc. I can't even lust for them, can you?  It might be as we perceive something (especially in light of the above).

I love this verse, seems to describe the eyes you are looking through in these things.
Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

Thats how I see it.

Peace

Daniel

Daniel, the verse from Titus sums my intent perfectly. Thanks so much for posting it. At least I know that I am not the only one who, feels this way.

With Love,

YellowStone

YellowStone

Daniel

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 03:53:02 AM »

Your welcome Yellowstone, and no bro your not alone. Enjoy the flowers, children, sunrises, and rainbows, God made all these things. I can't hate them or lust for them, I like yourself simply enjoy them.

Peace

Daniel

Alan

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 06:00:21 AM »

Beautifully well spoken Daniel!

Good post.

Just to add.......

1Jo 2:15  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1Jo 2:16  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

This is truly spiritual and not physical.

Example: when Eve ate of the fruit, did she sin by physically eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil?

Or did she sin by lusting of the flesh, the eyes, and the pride of life?

It tis the latter, which is spiritual.

Rainbows, flowers, and all the other amazing things in this world are physical, but they were all made by our Spiritual Father.

When we thank God for these wonders of beauty, we are actually praying. I do this all the time. It just another way of worshiping God for His complete sovereignty over His whole creation.

And how do we worship our Father in heaven?

Joh 4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Everything we read from God's word is for our spiritual growth.

Joh 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

I like these passages from Paul, with my addition.

2Co 4:16  For which cause we faint not; but though our (physical) outward man perish, yet the (spiritual) inward man is renewed day by day.
2Co 4:17  For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
2Co 4:18  While we look not at the things which are seen (physical) , but at the things which are not seen (spiritual) : for the things which are seen (physical) are temporal; but the things which are not seen (spiritual) are eternal.

In Christ,

Alan

Daniel

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 02:53:20 PM »

Praise the Lord Alan, I felt much like Yellowstone, good to see another (as He said) feel the same way. A good conscience with God is a good thing to have. A wonderful place to be seeing that nothing is unclean in itself. Except ofcourse to the one who regards it as such, to him it is.

Peace

Daniel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.