bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: judging  (Read 7298 times)

darren

judging
« on: August 08, 2009, 11:12:41 AM »

greetings all, I have been in deep though on the subject of judging. Is it just me or is NOT judging one of the hardest thing NOT to do? I find my self always judging people. Do You know what mean? OH how can anyone believe in an everlasting hell? or God will save just a few people?  Things like this. this 23 min in hell is what really got me started. I thought Man, how stupid can some of these people be. To believe in this kinda of stuff. Anyway, I was just wondering, is it just me or is NOT judging, one of the hardest things NOT to do?

Darren

bluzman

Re: judging
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 11:21:13 AM »

Hello Darren, hope this is of some help to you.
Peace, Bluzman

Recorded by Hank Williams, Sr.
Written by Bonnie Dodd

CHORUS
A tongue can accuse and carry bad news
The  seeds of distrust, it will sow
But unless you've made no mistakes in your  life
Be careful of  stones that you  throw.

(SPOKEN)
 A neighbor was passing my  garden one time
 She stopped and I knew right away
That it was gossip, not flowers, she had on her mind
And this is what I heard my neighbor say:

"That girl down the street  should be run from our midst
 She drinks and she talks quite a lot
She knows not to speak to my child or to me."
My neighbor then smiled and I thought:

CHORUS

(SPOKEN)
A car speeded by and the screamin' of brakes
A sound that made my blood chill
For my neighbor's one child had been pulled from the path
And saved by a girl lying still.

The child was unhurt and my neighbor cried out:
"Oh! who was that brave girl so sweet?"
I covered the crushed, broken body and said:
"The bad girl who lived down the street."

EKnight

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 11:39:35 AM »

Darren,

I judge all the time.  It's my nature.  My kids have been complaining about me judging for as long as I can remember.  Sometimes judgements are necessary.  And sometimes judging is just pure self-righteousness. Whenever I condemn someone in my mind, I immediately try to see some good or find some reason to justify their actions.  It's hard to say "well they are just blinded, or God planned this for them" I just imagine a scenario that warranted the actions of a particular incident or I just end up having to remind myself that God's ways are not our ways and trust that the "end justifies the means".  Believe me, I am an expert judge, I ought to replace Paula Abdul on American Idol  ;)

Eileen

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 01:16:04 PM »

greetings all, I have been in deep though on the subject of judging. Is it just me or is NOT judging one of the hardest thing NOT to do? I find my self always judging people. Do You know what mean? OH how can anyone believe in an everlasting hell? or God will save just a few people?  Things like this. this 23 min in hell is what really got me started. I thought Man, how stupid can some of these people be. To believe in this kinda of stuff. Anyway, I was just wondering, is it just me or is NOT judging, one of the hardest things NOT to do?

Darren

Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Romans 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

Hello Darren. To pass judgement on others, to me at least, is something that i am slowly but surely learning to accomplish.I think that trying not to judge others is something that we must all try to do.
 Mat 7:3  And why do you (My disciples) look at the mote in your brother's eye, but do not consider the beam in your own eye?
It is as hard as learning patience and long suffering. Through Him all things are possible.
All Praise and Glory to the Father...

Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Romans 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of the Messiah.

1Corinthians 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

James 4:11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

Rays paper on Repentance covers a lot of bases on judging.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=pk879ska1qnpnvp6jior2gahr2&topic=3709.0

Peace...Mark

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 01:30:51 PM »

Hi Darren,

My understanding is "not that we should not judge period" but, "that we need to learn to judge correctly or rightly"

1Co 6:
1  Do any of you dare, when you have a matter against another, to go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
2  Do you not know that the saints shall judge the world? And if the world shall be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

3  Do you not know that we shall judge angels, not to mention the things of this life?

4  If, then, you truly have judgments of the things of this life, set those who are least esteemed in the church to judge.
5  For I speak to your shame. Is it so that there is not a wise one among you, not even one in your midst who shall be able to judge between his brother?

6  But brother goes to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.
7  Indeed then there is already on the whole a failure among you, that you have lawsuits with yourselves. Why not instead be wronged? Why not instead be defrauded?
8  But you do wrong and defraud, and these things to brothers.

9  Do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor abusers, nor homosexuals,
10  nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11  And such were some of you. But you are washed, but you are sanctified, but you are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

george :).

Marky Mark

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 01:48:17 PM »

My understanding is "not that we should not judge period" but, "that we need to learn to judge correctly or rightly"

George you are correct ;).We all do need to learn to judge rightly.Rightly being the operative word. Rays Repentance paper goes into detail on this,for those interested. ;D

Peace...Mark

darren

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 03:24:25 PM »

thanks to all. Great replies. yes George I think you hit it right on the head. one need to learn to judge correctly or righteously. I must admit I definitely have a very long way to go. After I wrote this topic I went to the store I had 2 items. I was 3rd in line and the cashier was moving as slow as a turtle. I was thinking to myself what the hell. What's wrong with this person. Man how hard can it be to push the buttons on the reg. A person does not even have to know how to add or subtract multiply or divide the register does it for you. Just push the buttons, how hard can that be?? Please if their are any cashiers out there don;t take this personally. I know that the majority of cashiers are great and do a bang up job. I just happen to get stuck with the slowest one on earth. Like I said I have a long way to go when it comes to judging people.

Darren

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 04:08:15 PM »

thanks to all. Great replies. yes George I think you hit it right on the head. one need to learn to judge correctly or righteously. I must admit I definitely have a very long way to go. After I wrote this topic I went to the store I had 2 items. I was 3rd in line and the cashier was moving as slow as a turtle. I was thinking to myself what the hell. What's wrong with this person. Man how hard can it be to push the buttons on the reg. A person does not even have to know how to add or subtract multiply or divide the register does it for you. Just push the buttons, how hard can that be?? Please if their are any cashiers out there don;t take this personally. I know that the majority of cashiers are great and do a bang up job. I just happen to get stuck with the slowest one on earth. Like I said I have a long way to go when it comes to judging people.

Darren

Great way to practice patience is; take a book with you anywhere you go. When in line or having to wait, read and learn something; i have used this practice for several years now, it works. (Except with my wife ::)); She always pulls my chain at the most trying times, this one take Prayers and much Repentance. :-[

Plus you develop a great virtue and one of you greatest gifts of The Spirit.

Make sure it is a book that will hold your interest or some course study material.

george. ;D

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 06:41:03 PM »

This is an area that is a real challenge for me as well.  I tend to be critical and negative by nature and it's hard for me to bite my tongue sometimes.  But I try to keep these two scriptures in mind and this helps me...

Mat 7:2  For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Jas 2:13  For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

I need to face a merciful judge on that great day so I'm more and more mindful as I get older that I need to be merciful as well.

ez2u

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 11:51:37 PM »

good word George.

firefly77

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 12:12:28 PM »

Darren.
Just a thought... Maybe, just maybe, this was her first day on the job, and she wanted to make sure she did everything right? It doesn't matter how much experience you have in a certain field, if you start a new job there will always be a slight learning curve in the beginning. When WalMart has new cashiers out on the floor, they usually end up in the express lanes (10 or 20 items) for a few days until they are ready for prime time. Darren, please understand I am "preaching" to myself as well :)
Reading a book while standing in line is a great idea... however, if it is anything like the grocery list I tend to forget to bring, I am out of luck.
Angie

Phil3:10

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 02:31:55 PM »

Darren,
This is just my thoughts on judging others and also judging every event and happening in our daily lives. Judging is just human and is of the flesh. We all do it and we all find overcoming judging almost impossible. We all have experiences in our lives which cause us to grow as individuals and our judging is based on these experiences.  However, I do feel all these experiences are of GOD and I do not question HIS motives.
Right now, I am fleeing from the loud mouth of a local Baptist preacher who I very much dislike. My wife is in attendance at her local Baptist church and her 95 year old aunt is in my den watching the services of two other local Baptist churches. The audio is so high that I still can hear even with my door closed. What really is bad is that I will need to go to the den by 11:30 to get dinner on the table. Guess what, the loud mouthed preacher will be right in the middle of his "damnable message".
I pray now for forgiveness for the judging that I am going to be guilty of and for patience when the dinner time topic will be what a wonderful message this preacher preached. My only hope is that GOD is using this experience for my growth and hopefully for others. 
The only way we can get beyond judging is to be more CHRIST Like.  I sure do have a long way to go. My only solace is that all is of GOD and I do not question HIS motives as I now have to go into my den and listen to heresy.
Praise GOD for HE is worthy and my experiences are designed by HIM for a purpose.  IN HIM, Phil3:10

darren

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 03:15:58 PM »

phil3:10 What a great post. Man I guess that  would also try ones patients.  Good luck with that situation in the future.

Darren

9440geoff

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 07:10:26 PM »

Hi Phil3:10,

You have a very difficult situation on your hands and I understand your frustration. I'm praying that God will provide a solution for you, very soon.

The only way we can get beyond judging is to be more CHRIST Like.

Surely if we were more Christlike we WOULD be judging and speaking it out.

Just a thought,

Geoff

bluzman

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 07:40:06 PM »

Hi Geoff,
When I posted that little tune up there, it was for an example of a caution sign. Sort of like the day- glow paint on propeller tips.
Leaves a visible circle in the air as a warning the engine is running, or on a school bus etc.
Because Ray has opened the scriptures for me, I can now judge someone who preaching, you know, one of the spin doctors.
Sometimes I open my mouth and snap at someone and almost instantly regret saying what I said. To do so is a sin. And I have offended or hurt that person, and I can't undo the wrong. Physical circumstances, pain,and a lot of other thing sometimes gives me a short fuse. I hope that this will help someone to avoid doing this.
Bluzman

firefly77

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 10:31:37 PM »

bluzman,
Physical circumstances, pain,and a lot of other thing sometimes gives me a short fuse. I hope that this will help someone to avoid doing this.
It's the same for me; if I feel physically ill or am under a lot of stress I tend to have a much shorter fuse. When I look at Jesus and the excruciating emotional and physical pain he went through during crucifixion without losing his patience and still full of love and concern for us, I am not sure I will ever pass. Big sigh  :(
Angie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.