bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Crow and the Pitcher  (Read 5304 times)

hillsbororiver

The Crow and the Pitcher
« on: August 08, 2009, 12:23:03 PM »

Remember this Aesop fable?

The Crow and the Pitcher

A Crow, half-dead with thirst, came upon a Pitcher which had once been full of water; but when the Crow put its beak into the mouth of the Pitcher he found that only very little water was left in it, and that he could not reach far enough down to get at it. He tried, and he tried, but at last had to give up in despair. Then a thought came to him, and he took a pebble and dropped it into the Pitcher. Then he took another pebble and dropped it into the Pitcher. Then he took another pebble and dropped that into the Pitcher. Then he took another pebble and dropped that into the Pitcher. Then he took another pebble and dropped that into the Pitcher. Then he took another pebble and dropped that into the Pitcher. At last, at last, he saw the water mount up near him, and after casting in a few more pebbles he was able to quench his thirst and save his life.

Little by little does the trick.

Watch this!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/science/article6753086.ece

Peace,

Joe

firefly77

Re: The Crow and the Pitcher
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 01:07:18 PM »

Joe,
Just watched the video... truly amazing.
I have a couple of Bichon Frise dogs; they are rather intelligent in communicating their wants and needs. The younger one is quite innovative when it comes to anything edible which I intentionally put out of his reach just to watch if he can find a way to get to it. It is amusing to observe how he strategizes to obtain it.

Angie

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 01:26:32 PM »

Joe,
That was so cool! I have two dogs that are really smart, too they know if they stand in the garage and bark loud enough and long enough my husband will open the door and yell obscenities at them!!  >:(  Ha! I think they are trying to give him a stroke!!  :D
Kathy ;) 

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 04:47:20 PM »

Hi Joe,cool video ;D.

I could not help to think while watching the video of how God works in all of His creations.Just as the crow was given the tools [pebbles] in order to do the work,we too are given the tools[Spiritual Truths] in order to do the works of God. I could not help to notice how the crow needed its tools to displace the water in order to bring about an end result,to feed its thirst.

We too need the Spirit to displace the carnality in ourselves [O-MAN] in order for the richness of Gods Truths[works] to fill up our own glass [heart], so that, as believers,we can partake of the Truths of God to feed our thirsts of the Spirit.

Rev.21;6 He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.

John 4;14 but whoever may drink of the water that I will give him, may not thirst -- to the age; and the water that I will give him shall become in him a well of water, springing up to life age-during.'

That's the way I see it,as the crow fly's :D.

Peace...Mark

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 07:24:17 PM »

yesterday i was watching cnn and they showed a crow who was trying to get a worm out of a bottle. the bottle was too narrow for the crow's beak to reach the worm. this was actually an experiment to see how the crow reasoned in trying to obtain the worm, so they put some rocks in his cage to see what would happen. the crow pick up the rocks one at a time and dropped them into the bottle until the worm was close enough for him to get it in his beak. Jesus Christ the Creator of all things did an awesome job in all His creation. even a silly crow can use his brain.

claudia

musicman

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 09:03:04 PM »

Sing it folks:

Huuuummmmmmmmmm,,,

E is for the enema you gave me.

V is our for various ways of thought.

O is for oh no another naturalist.

L is for our laghable imaginings.

U is for uh huh, we came from fishes.

T is for no thought of how it worked.

I is for the eye it made itself, see?

O for origins a mindless sea of chance.

N  for no way, most have their heads in the sand.

Put them all together you have evolution.

Twill make crows talk and think like man.   

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 09:15:53 PM »

YOU! So funny!! musicman, who let you out??  :D :D
Kathy ;)

OBrenda

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 11:25:14 PM »

That was amazing Joe!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.