bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A WOW moment!!!  (Read 5479 times)

Daddysgirl

A WOW moment!!!
« on: August 11, 2009, 12:40:16 PM »

From the emails to Ray section:

"When the Worldwide Church of God pretty much universally changed their doctrine of tithing on money, the income to the Church dropped dramatically to the point that they started to close  the doors of the college, etc.  Proof that they should have kept tithing money:  NO--proof that most Christians are Christians in name only and not in deed.  They often give ONLY when they are threatened with A CURSE!"

Truly, the most profound, humbling truth for me.

Matty.

Linny

Re: A WOW moment!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 09:15:39 PM »

Matty,
I had read that to my husband yesterday. I was the reason we tithed. He didn't want to. I was terrified, and I mean literally terrified not to. I knew God would not help us if we didn't. Pretty sad, huh?
He found an old checkbook register the other day and couldn't believe how much money we had given to one of our old churches. We were so broke then and gave them so much money. We had bills we couldn't pay but we handed it over. So much for the cheerful giver.
Ray nailed this one for sure!

Lin

larissa4676

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 09:33:36 PM »

I soooo agree Lin. I was always broke before I read Rays paper and studied tithing for myself. Now I own for businesses and help others start their own businesses. I'm able to give more to those who are really in need. For the first time in my life I have a savings account...with money in it! Not putting too much stake in tree bark (money) just noticed the change in our lives that happened when we stopped the believing and living the lie.

Larissa PS Lin how did I not know you are Lin on BT? LOL! Too funny!

OBrenda

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 09:49:20 PM »

To go along with Ray's perfect point ...have you ever heard the other statement...?
If there was no Hell then everybody would be sinning (raping/stealing/killing/ect) !

proof that most Christians are Christians in name only and not in deed.  They often give (or behave) ONLY when they are threatened with A CURSE (or HELL)!

« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 09:51:11 PM by OBrenda »

E. Woods

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 11:46:17 AM »

From the emails to Ray section:

"When the Worldwide Church of God pretty much universally changed their doctrine of tithing on money, the income to the Church dropped dramatically to the point that they started to close  the doors of the college, etc.  Proof that they should have kept tithing money:  NO--proof that most Christians are Christians in name only and not in deed.  They often give ONLY when they are threatened with A CURSE!"

Truly, the most profound, humbling truth for me.

Matty.

Matty

VERY TRUE.

Another way of putting it.    Being Brain Washed.

E J W 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 17 queries.