bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Excommunication  (Read 7156 times)

rdk5215

Excommunication
« on: August 12, 2009, 11:37:55 PM »

I've been excommunicated from my church. ;D  I had to have a meeting with the session, while there I briefly explained how my beliefs and the "church's" beliefs were incompatible. You should of seen the jaws drop when I said there was no trinity. They called me "the single greatest heretic in history". I said thank you but I wouldn't consider myself "the greatest" anything. I've been the talk of the Presbytery now, I guess I will be for awhile. It felt good to be able to shoot down every argument they put forth, but several of elders and I are friends and it hurt to see that this pulled them away from me. I had been putting off this meeting for ages because I didn't want to be pretentious, but I guess it wouldn't wait any longer. I went with notes just in case they tried to corner me. I prayed that God would guide me, and when they did start throwing accusations and traditions the spirit moved me, I had a scriptural answer for EVERYTHING they attacked me with. I just gave God thanks for giving me everything I needed. I also give shout out to Ray for some answers on the creation topic. I'm just glad that it's over now and I can stop worrying about the meeting.
      God bless.

Mando

Re: Excommunication
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 11:55:13 PM »

Did you stop going to church before you had this meeting or are you now not going since this meeting?

Kat

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 12:16:21 AM »

Hi Ron,

Well I know it must feel great being out and to go out with such a bang, wow.  But then again people get lonely not having the social church group to fellowship with and I think sometimes people never really get into the forum fellowshipping thing.  But I hope you will join in with the discussions here.  I have found that my efforts here are really worth it, I learn so much from the discussions.  Looking up Scriptures I not only might help someone with a question, but what I gain myself reading through all those Scriptures and the articles is priceless.  People bring up points all the time that I had never considered.  So come in and visit with us, we would be glad if you did.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Samson

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 12:56:47 AM »

Congratulations Ron,

I'm an Apostate too,  ;D, according to the JW's. I resigned through a written letter back in 2004. They won't communicate to me to any extent, not even a simple Hello. They say that Greek word Khairo translated greeting includes a simple hello(1John chapter 2), but it usually involves more than that, a warm welcome with an embrace. Don't worry, your former associates don't really understand, maybe you'll get an opportunity to help them. Regarding the Trinity, even they don't understand it, they just accept it,  ;).

Kind Regards, Samson.

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 03:13:07 AM »

I've been excommunicated from my church. ;D  I had to have a meeting with the session, while there I briefly explained how my beliefs and the "church's" beliefs were incompatible. You should of seen the jaws drop when I said there was no trinity. They called me "the single greatest heretic in history". I said thank you but I wouldn't consider myself "the greatest" anything. I've been the talk of the Presbytery now, I guess I will be for awhile. It felt good to be able to shoot down every argument they put forth, but several of elders and I are friends and it hurt to see that this pulled them away from me. I had been putting off this meeting for ages because I didn't want to be pretentious, but I guess it wouldn't wait any longer. I went with notes just in case they tried to corner me. I prayed that God would guide me, and when they did start throwing accusations and traditions the spirit moved me, I had a scriptural answer for EVERYTHING they attacked me with. I just gave God thanks for giving me everything I needed. I also give shout out to Ray for some answers on the creation topic. I'm just glad that it's over now and I can stop worrying about the meeting.
      God bless.

Hi Ron,

Honored to have you as a new released convict from Satan's prison. We are all apostates here, according to Churchianity. Wear your scars with humility and never forget that all those still in prison are brethren and sisthren waiting for release from their dark dungeons of religiosity.

Eph 2: 4-13 (MKJV)
4  But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love with which He loved (LOVES) us
5  (even when we were dead in sins) has made us alive together with Christ (by grace you are saved),
6  and has raised us up together and made us sit together in the heavenlies in Christ Jesus,
7  so that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God,
not of works, lest anyone should boast.
10  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.
11  Therefore remember that you, the nations, in time past were in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12  and that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world.
13  But now in Christ Jesus you who were once afar off are made near by the blood of Christ.

george :).

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 11:28:35 AM »

Such freedom, yes? YES!!!  :D
Kathy ;)

9440geoff

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 07:07:40 PM »

Hi Ron,

My prayer is that you have sown a seed in the hearts of people at the session. Maybe it will be God's will that some of them join us here also.

Geoff

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 07:21:13 PM »

Its crazy to think in order for a person to leave a church they have to go through such "formal" means.
Nevertheless.....what a way to go!
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

daywalker

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 07:31:46 PM »

Hello Ron,

At least you weren't burned at the stake!  :o :D

Welcome to BT, brother.

Daywalker  8)

rsks

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 08:47:31 PM »

Amen!  We were told we didn't "belong" at our old "Hell raising/demon delivering, Synagogue of
satan -otherwise known as The Upper Room Church, about 2 years ago now, and the pastor was
right, it was sooooooo hard to listen to all the hell preaching for so long knowing "he knew not
what he was saying!"  Our lives are so changed by all the teachings presented on BibleTruths!

Love to you all,  Kelli

emkayfey

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 05:26:22 AM »

Your experience just resonates with mine, though not formally excommunicated but one thing they were not ready to debate is the Trinity, you are even lucky you were able to share scriptures it was a non debatable topic in my case. What is it with 'them' and the Trinity?

chav

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 09:29:02 AM »

Hi
Be thankful you weren't living in Scotland 150 years ago where the last man to hanged for blasphemy in the UK was a young man called Thomas Aikenhead. Guess what one of his supposed crimes was 'denying the trinity' Its highly illogical, yet to even begin to question this doctrine evokes such a strong response from those in the church.Be grateful your out of that mess now I certainly am.
Dave

Phil3:10

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 11:11:08 PM »

Ron,
I wish my old Baptist church would excommunicate me instead of always trying to entice me back in. I do thank the church system because without my experience there I doubt that I would be enjoying the truths and fellowship provided by this forum.
In HIM,
Phil2:10

daywalker

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 01:56:14 AM »

Ron,
I wish my old Baptist church would excommunicate me instead of always trying to entice me back in. I do thank the church system because without my experience there I doubt that I would be enjoying the truths and fellowship provided by this forum.
In HIM,

So true!

Revelation 18:4 And I hear another voice out of heaven, saying, "Come out of her, My people, lest you should be joint participants in her sins, and lest you should be getting of her calamities,

How could we have ever "come out of her" unless we were first IN Babylon?

Daywalker.  8)

tinknocker

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 04:50:43 PM »

Ron,
In HIM,

Baptist never give up on the potential income ;)

The pastor of the Baptist church I attended just stated I was decieved but wanted to continue fellowship. Why?

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.