bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My uncles furneral/ life after death??  (Read 6533 times)

darren

My uncles furneral/ life after death??
« on: August 17, 2009, 12:07:14 AM »

I went to my uncles funeral last week and I stood by a group of people discussing life after death. Is uncle Author in heaven with God?? Some thought there is no life after death. Some did. Most however felt that Uncle Author's soul is in heaven. On the other hand my dad does not believe in God or anything that has anything to do with the belief of life after death. When your dead your dead end of story. Some of my relatives there asked me what I believe. Did I think uncle Author was in heaven with God? I didn't know what to say. I know the truth. I just did not think that my thought on the matter would be appropriate. Being that they were already disstressed about the situation. I thought it would be best if I excused myself from the conversation. Which I did.  I just did not see any good coming from me putting my 2cents in. My dad heard this discussion and after I left, he put his 2cents in. It did not go over well too say the least.. I feel I did the right thing, but did I.

MePogo

Re: My uncles furneral/ life after death??
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 01:43:39 AM »

Personal opinion here, for what my two cents is worth....I believe your uncle is not suffering, he is not experiencing pain but is at peace.  I also believe there will be great things in store for him at a future date known only to our Father.  I've accepted the fact that I gain nothing by trying to use events in my life as "teaching moments."   Best thing I can do is tiptoe around questions.  Don't say what you don't believe but speak in kindness and compassion to the grieving.   He no longer suffers with the illness of the flesh; we know that but at what moment he faces eternity, we can't know.  It is to our benefit that we do know that, despite his faith or lack of in this life, he faces no hell but will experience the full love of his Heavenly Father.  I don't just think so....I know it with all my heart. 

I'm sorry for the loss to you and your family.  Just imagine the joy we'll all experience one day when we all know the truth that Christ tried so hard to tell us!  My decision in this situation is to give as many words of comfort as you can to the family but let your faith and words and mannerisms reflect the faith you've found in the truth. 

Love and peace to you.
P.

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 12:07:24 PM »

1 Cor 10:31  Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God

1 Pet 4:11  If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Ps 35:28  My tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long.

2 Tim 2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

1 Pet 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Hello Darren,

Let all things be done to the glory of God...look to what is pleasing to the Lord instead of family/friends and even yourself (I know, easier said than done, but the scriptures never said it was easy).

Let the intentions of your heart be for the good of God...not self grandstanding or people pleasing. If the intentions of your heart are for righteousness sake, instead of the flesh, then you will do well and will not agonize about each & every decision you make. Trust in the Lord to lead you.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Kat

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 01:56:19 PM »

Hi Darren,

When confronted with 'what do you think?'  You do not necassarily have to go into detail about your beliefs, just tell them what the Scripture say.  Jesus said that death is 'like' being asleep and in Ecceleasties we read that the dead know nothing.

John 11:11   These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. 

Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. 

The dead are at peace in the grave awaiting the resurrection.  If you believe that Christ was raised then you can have confidence that those in the grave will also be raised.

1Cr 15:21   For since by man [came] death, by man [came] also the resurrection of the dead. 
v. 22   For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 

mercy, peace and love
Kat

OBrenda

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 10:24:57 PM »

Hi Darren,

Sorry for your loss.  I haven't yet been in the situation, so I appreciate the question, and the great responses.  From what you described it sounds like a no win situation.  I find it helpful to remind myself, when I'm uncertian that I handled a situation well, that I can't foul up God' plan.

YSIC,
Brenda

darren

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 11:56:33 PM »

Greetings all, thanks for the replies. My beliefs were never in doubt. I know the truth. Uncle Author is asleep and all his pain and misery is a non issue. He will be resurrected in due time along with the rest of us. When asked what I believed, instead of adding more misery to my relatives emotional state,  I opted to keep my mouth shut and excused myself. The more a I think about it the more I feel I did the right thing. I just wondered if maby I missed an opportunity. I have been thinking about how when people like my Uncle Author and the rest of the non believer will be so (gladly surprised) when they find out that all the things they believed were totally wrong and they will be saved and live for all eternity. Thanks the The Grace Of God.

Darren

ez2u

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 03:44:43 AM »

Well Darren you did the best that you could and I believe that is evident by your true concern for the matter.  In a situation such as this people most the time don't want a sermon but comfort.  We have this truth inside us but we must wait because it isn't our truth but the Lords' and so it is His timing not ours.  We have these bodies and minds and they are full of evil and guile.  We carry them around sometimes its a heavy burden and we are waiting for God to resurrect us.  That is a lot in its self.  peggy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.