bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer Letter  (Read 5585 times)

Terry

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Prayer Letter
« on: August 17, 2009, 07:26:09 PM »

What does the Scriptures say about prayer letters like this i get them from a friend quite often but to be honest theres something about them that doesn't seem right

God Has Amazing Things in Store for You 
(This is a heavy prayer)   

Stars do not struggle to shine;

rivers do not struggle to flow,

and you will never struggle to excel in life,

because you deserve the best.

Hold on to your dreams and it shall be well with you. Amen.

The eyes beholding this message shall not behold evil,

the hand that will send this message to others shall not labour in vain,

the mouth saying Amen to this prayer shall laugh forever,  and remain in God's love.

Good morning, your dream will not die,

your plans will not fail,

your destiny will not be aborted,

and the desires of your heart will be granted in Jesus' name.

Say a big Amen and if you believe it, send it to all your friends.

Money will know your name and address before the end of this month.

If you believe, send it back to all your friends.

None goes to the river early in the morning and brings dirty water.

As you are up this morning, may your life be clean, calm and clear

like the early morning water.

May the grace of the Almighty support, sustain and supply

all your needs according to His riches in glory. Amen.   

Love the Lord Have a wonderful day in Jesus' name.       

The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you.

I see something good happening to you, something that you have been waiting to experience.

This is not a joke; you are going to receive a divine visitation that will move your life forward mightily by the outworking of God's unstoppable Power.       

Do not break this prayer; send it to a minimum of seven people.
You are blessed beyond all curses in Jesus' name

Much Peace
Terry

Terry

Ninny

Re: Prayer Letter
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 09:16:52 PM »

Terry,
I don't know what the scriptures say about these things, but....
I honestly don't know who thinks theses things up!! The person writing that obviously knows something God doesn't know!! Since when did God promise these things. The only thing God promises is peace, and the very breath we are taking at this moment! God's people have dreams that die every day and passing along some pretty prayer thing isn't going to keep that from happening. I get these all the time some of them are very pretty and sweet, but there is NO WAY God is going to send anyone a monetary blessing or anything else if you send it on! OR a curse if you delete it!! When you get something like this in your email it's just someone with a lot of time on their hands! Goodness, I can write beautiful words all day long! I try to send blessings and love to people through my emails and posts, but never if I say you are an incredible person and God will bless you, do I tell them, Oh, now you have to send this blessing to 10 other people!!! If I want to bless 10 other people I will write it and send it myself!!  :D

I'm just messing with you Terry, but my opinion of these kinds of emails is...POPPYCOCK!! OR as Ray would say...NONSENSE!! :D
Blessing to you!! (without stipulations!!)
Kathy ;)

OBrenda

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 10:55:40 PM »

Hi Terry,

These "chain prayer letters" creep me out.  I delete them without comment to the sender.  They are pretty but impling the power to cause good things to come to us, is if we forward the letter.  We have the power by our actions vs. prayers are answered according to Gods Will.

I think your sense about them is correct,
Brenda
 :)

9440geoff

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 06:38:42 AM »

Hi Terry,

All this letter lacks is the name and address of where to send our money!

Terry

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 08:37:36 AM »

Thanks everyone thats how i feel also it creeps me out also its like testing God or tempting God i just get a bad feeling when i get them, the thing is the person that sends them the most is a very good friend and some of the letters say send the letter back to who sent it if you love God, i have never sent them back i don't want to hurt his feeling, as i said he is a good friend, i once sent him a e-mail and told him God supplies all my needs and that these prayer letters sound pretty close to New Age what ever that is, well anyway it will work its self out, thanks everyone for the replys.

Much Peace
Terry
Terry

daywalker

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 01:20:12 PM »

Hello Terry,

One thing for sure is these prayers are carnal, not Spiritual, nor Scriptural...

"the desires of your heart will be granted"

I can't speak for everyone, but the LAST thing that I want is for the above statement to be fulfilled. My heart is 'exceedingly weak', I do not wish for its desires to be granted; rather I wish for God's 'consuming fire' to burn these evil desires out of it.

Peace, Out

Daywalker.  8)

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 01:39:32 PM »

Hello Terry,

One thing for sure is these prayers are carnal, not Spiritual, nor Scriptural...

"the desires of your heart will be granted"

I can't speak for everyone, but the LAST thing that I want is for the above statement to be fulfilled. My heart is 'exceedingly weak', I do not wish for its desires to be granted; rather I wish for God's 'consuming fire' to burn these evil desires out of it.

Peace, Out

Daywalker.  8)

Amen brother.

george.

Linny

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 07:26:50 PM »

I do the same as Brenda when she sends them to me.
Just kidding Bren! ;)
I delete, waste not my time, and make no comment to sender...
Lin

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 07:48:31 PM »

Well said and amen! Daywalker!!
Kathy ;)

firefly77

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 11:41:41 PM »

Yep, those kind of letters are my pet peeves, especially when they contain a threat like: "If you don't share this letter with 10 of your friends in the next 4 minutes, you will lose your blessing." Or the other one: "For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.” Mark 8:38 (New King James Version).
It's like having a gun pointed to your head...
GO AHEAD, SHOOT ME ;D
It's sick! Now you know how I feel about it.

Angie

OBrenda

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 09:25:02 PM »

I do the same as Brenda when she sends them to me.
Just kidding Bren! ;)
I delete, waste not my time, and make no comment to sender...
Lin

ROTFL..... ;D ;D ;D

tamaralv

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 06:53:25 PM »

Terry,
I might be a little sensitive, but these chain letters hurt my feelings. It's pretty obvious that some of these letters are MEANT to cheer us up and onward.  Some are beautifully written and sort of make me feel warm and fuzzy when I start to read them.  THEN.........I get to the end where, in no uncertain terms, I'm told I have to forward the letter to 20 of my closest friends (do I even have that many?  lol) or risk losing God's favor, blessing, love, or I'll have bad luck, whatever.  I don't want to waste anyone's time sending out "threats"!  How would that make me any different than fundamentalists??  My answer is DELETE, DELETE, DELETE. 

Love in Christ Jesus,

Tammy

MePogo

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 07:19:08 PM »

I also get a good share of these "chain prayers" and find them equally annoying.  I spend much of current days in prayer anyway so I don't need to have someone suggest prayer to me.  I take it as a thought that someone is including me in their prayers and, if it is a close friend or family who sent it, I send a quick "thank you for thinking of me."  I DON'T forward at all because anyone I would send it to is most likely already in my prayers, which aren't so eloquent as many of the emails but more heartfelt than reading some other person's words.  I have had prayers said during phone calls and I think that counts as two or more gathered....  When the prayer chain involves luck, bad luck or abundant blessings, I consider it trash and there it goes.  What idiot thinks God is impressed with that?  Christ taught us how to pray however, He hasn't needed to remind me via email. ;)

Hugs to everyone.
Pogo

Terry

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 11:37:07 AM »

Thanks everyone i think we all agree,i think anyone who has studied deeper than a child in sunday school can see this,thanks to all who replied.
Much Peace
Terry
Terry

Roy Coates

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 09:13:44 AM »

I read some, find some truth and enjoyment, most of it is hokey. If they are deemed "forwardable" I delete the crap and forward the good. In the original form most of them make me sick too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.