bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Genesis and Jeremiah??  (Read 6031 times)

darren

Genesis and Jeremiah??
« on: August 22, 2009, 03:18:37 AM »

Jeremiah 4:23-26 I beheld the earth, and indeed it was (haya) "became" (tohu) "chaotic and (bohu) "confused" and the heavens had no light.(24) I beheld, the mountains, and indeed they trembled. and all the hills moved back and forth.(25) I beheld, and indeed there was no man. and all the birds of the heavens had fled. (26) I beheld, and indeed the fruitful land was a wilderness and all its CITIES were broken down at the presence of the Lord by His fierce anger. Is Jeremiah speaking of the creation? the same as Gen.?? If so what are these cities?? Who bulit these cities??

Darren

Kat

Re: Genesis and Jeremiah??
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 12:17:14 PM »

Hi Darren,

Jer 4:9 "And it shall come to pass in that day," says the LORD, 

I think we can safely assume that this is talking about the day of the Lord's return, as you can also see in verse 13. 

Jer 4:13 "Behold, He shall come up like clouds, And His chariots like a whirlwind. His horses are swifter than eagles. Woe to us, for we are plundered!" 

In verses 22 and 23 it's talking about the condition of the people of the "earth" being totally corrupt "without form, and void," "a wilderness."  Of course all this is speaking in symbolic language.

Jer 4:22 "For My people [are] foolish, They have not known Me. They [are] silly children, And they have no understanding. They [are] wise to do evil, But to do good they have no knowledge." 
v. 23 I beheld the earth, and indeed [it was] without form, and void; And the heavens, they [had] no light. 

Jer 4:26 I beheld, and indeed the fruitful land [was] a wilderness...

And this is the warning of what will happen at His return to judge the earth.

v. 26  And all its cities were broken down At the presence of the LORD, By His fierce anger. 
v. 27  For thus says the LORD: "The whole land shall be desolate; Yet I will not make a full end. 
v. 28  For this shall the earth mourn, And the heavens above be black, Because I have spoken. I have purposed and will not relent, Nor will I turn back from it. 

Hope this is helpful.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

darren

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 11:21:48 PM »

Yea, probably, I just remembered how Ray was speaking on how one scripture will back up another scripture or one will validate another. I just found it very interesting that Ray had spoken on Adam and Eve not being the first humans. and the earth was not 6000yrs. old. much much older. Which I believed long before Ray had spoken of it. That it was inhabited before the Gen story. The earth (became) chaotic and confused. Anyway my main thoughts were about the cities that were broken down by the Lord due to His anger. I can see how this may be the story of the Lords return, and most likely is. But if one was to take Jeremiah 4:23-26  out of that context while keeping the Gen creation story in mind then I can also see where Jeremiah might be explaining in a little more detail on the Gen. story. You know how Ray is always saying how religious leaders will say context, context, context,(we got Ray NOW) LOL. Anywho, I just though it was interesting the way the two scriptures sounded. Remember please, this is just my thoughts. But don't we believe that the earth was inhabited by something before the creation story in Gen??? and that it became corrupted and evil. Therefore,The Lord destroyed it? (something along them lines)?? The mention of the cities is what really got me thinking on this matter. If they were people living on earth before the creation story in Gen then they might of had cities and therefore might be possible for Jeremiah just mentioning a few more details on what the state of the earth was before the 6daycreations story. I'll stop now. The more I write and think the more I become (Tohu and Bohu). Hey now!

Darren

Darren

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 09:43:32 AM »

Darren,

The more I write and think the more I become (Tohu and Bohu).

Story of my life... :-\
Kathy ;)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 12:23:55 PM »

Why are we trying to make a prophecy of Jeremiah something that already happened in Genesis?  I see it as a prophecy that has not yet been fullfilled. 

It wouldn't be much of a prophecy if he wrote of something that already came to pass.

Example..  I prophecy that the Pittsburbg Steelers will win the Super Bowl in 09, they will defeat the Cardinals 27-23 in Tampa.

Is anyone impressed with my prophecy skills?  I'm not, but Jeramiah, now that is a different matter.

Craig

darren

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 03:11:56 PM »

Ya, I hear'ya.

Darren

Marky Mark

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 03:47:37 PM »

Why are we trying to make a prophecy of Jeremiah something that already happened in Genesis?  I see it as a prophecy that has not yet been fullfilled. 

It wouldn't be much of a prophecy if he wrote of something that already came to pass.

Example..  I prophecy that the Pittsburbg Steelers will win the Super Bowl in 09, they will defeat the Cardinals 27-23 in Tampa.

Is anyone impressed with my prophecy skills?  I'm not, but Jeramiah, now that is a different matter.

Craig

Craig,any insight :o ::) to what the Steelers seventh Super Bowl victory score will be this year? ;D ;)  :P

Peace...Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.