bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Study time! Come join!  (Read 4964 times)

lilitalienboi16

Study time! Come join!
« on: June 11, 2006, 04:24:41 PM »

Ok so here goes a topic that i think everyone can look into.

Was the fruit in the garden an actualy physical fruit as Christendom teaches? (An apple)

I have my doubts, because its called "The Knowledge of Good and evil."

And it was "Desirable for wisdom gaining knoweldge"

So just like Christ told us to Drink of His blood and eat of His flesh or we have no life in Him, then perhaps this isn't actualy eating a physical fruit but maybe some more spiritual? I don't know, i mean it could have a liter physical application as in it was an actualy fruit in an actual garden somewhere here, but maybe there is a spiritual side to this?

Anyone is welcome to join and dig in for answers,

God bless,

Alex

Daniel

Study time! Come join!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 07:33:54 PM »

Heres a few verses for you Alex

1John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Paul said, it was sin in him that deceived him. Here speaks to them (using the serpent) beguiling Eve through "subtilty".

He is showing their "minds" somehow being corrupted from simplicity in Christ.

2Cr 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve "through his subtilty", so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ[/u]

Genesis 3:6 when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Ephes 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Speaks elsewhere (James) being led astray by our own lusts (puts it on the devil in that way) just as the above does (to the serpent). Paul spoke of sin in Him doing that.

Then notice the desires of the mind in Ephes and Pauls reference and Eves desire to be wise?

You recall them eating the fruit and feeling "ashamed"?

Same wording here

Romans 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.[/u]

Speaking spiritually Alex, good job. I think you can catch a better glimpse in these things? I suppose we were thinking along the same lines here today with these threads :lol:

Peace

Daniel

YellowStone

Study time! Come join!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 10:16:56 PM »

Great Question Alex and a very good reponse Daniel.

Was the tree any different (physically) than any other "apple" tree in the garden. My guess that it was not, but it was the tree that God labeled as the one not to touch.

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree
[was] good for food, and that it [was] pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make [one] wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.  [/list:u]It was as Daniel pointed out the "want" and "need" for more than Eve already had.
    1John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.  [/list:u]I must add that Adam was seemingly imature and childish as the first words out of his mouth were: Eve gave it to me, it was her fault (words mine)

But here is another question for you: Adam and Eve sinned because the were not happy with all that they had, so much so that they were willing to risk "death" on a promise for something new.

What say you, on this "need" for more; is it respondsible for everything we have today. The faster computer, internet connection, more fuel efficient/faster car.

Are we continuing the sin by want more than we have even today? (No I don not lust over a faster computer, etc.) Should we rather give up everything and live in caves or something similiar? Living simple lives, without any convenience?

Or, is this all part of God's plan (his will be done) that we explore, reach for places and things unknown, for surely he has given us the ability to do so. The plain and simple truth is that "we" now know what Adam and Eve did not; however, where there was once only a single tree on the entire earth between life and death; whereas, we now face death in almost every waking moment.

Do we have it harder than Adam and Eve, or is that a simple fallacy?

God Bless,

YellowStone

lilitalienboi16

Study time! Come join!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 11:12:03 PM »

Quote from: Daniel
Heres a few verses for you Alex

1John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Paul said, it was sin in him that deceived him. Here speaks to them (using the serpent) beguiling Eve through "subtilty".

He is showing their "minds" somehow being corrupted from simplicity in Christ.

2Cr 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve "through his subtilty", so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ[/u]

Genesis 3:6 when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Ephes 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Speaks elsewhere (James) being led astray by our own lusts (puts it on the devil in that way) just as the above does (to the serpent). Paul spoke of sin in Him doing that.

Then notice the desires of the mind in Ephes and Pauls reference and Eves desire to be wise?

You recall them eating the fruit and feeling "ashamed"?

Same wording here

Romans 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.[/u]

Speaking spiritually Alex, good job. I think you can catch a better glimpse in these things? I suppose we were thinking along the same lines here today with these threads :lol:

Peace

Daniel

Thank you danial, i can really see the parrellel between the Old law of Moses, which Brings death as the Tree of knoweldge of Good and Evil, and the Tree of life, that is gaurded every way by a flaming sword. So Christ represents the New law, The way of truth and LIFE unlike the tree of knoweledge which was pretty much the complete opposite (Being unto Death.) I totaly see that now. What does the Flaming sword represent, I know that Gods word is a fiery sword, so i guess to get to Christ we have to go through Gods Word? Or be purified by His word? Not sure there ii'm just alittle confused :)

Thanks though great post, and ty yellowstone also however im ont sure how to answer you questions because i don't see it the saem way you do on adam and Eve.

Yes they sinned, but i believe they were created this exact way to do such a sin, God knew it was gonna happen and its why He created Them.

God bless and thank you,

Alex

Programmer

Re: Study time! Come join!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 11:36:45 PM »

Was the fruit in the garden an actualy physical fruit as Christendom teaches? (An apple)

..>>Could have been a pinorpleana for all we know. The scriptures state 'fruit'<<

I have my doubts, because its called "The Knowledge of Good and evil."

>>You're in good company--Eve doubted what God said, too !<<

And it was "Desirable for wisdom gaining knoweldge"

>>Gen 3:1  Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
Gen 3:2  And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
Gen 3:3  But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
Gen 3:4  And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Gen 3:5  For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Gen 3:6  And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Either you take it for what it says...Adam was physically handed some fruit by Eve after she ate some... WE MESSED UP BIG TIME !!! We listened to the serpent instead of God...or you make up something about the event which satisfies your mind, but isn't truth.<<

So just like Christ told us to Drink of His blood and eat of His flesh or we have no life in Him, then perhaps this isn't actualy eating a physical fruit but maybe some more spiritual? I don't know, i mean it could have a liter physical application as in it was an actualy fruit in an actual garden somewhere here, but maybe there is a spiritual side to this?

>>Definitely a spiritual side...they ate it...we're paying for it. There's a physical event which had spiritual consequences. Disobedience has it's consequences...<<

shibboleth

Study time! Come join!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 11:36:43 AM »

Gen.2:16-17 And the Lord God commanded the man saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Gen.3:2-11 The serpent tempts Eve to eat real fruit. How do you tempt someone with the lust of the flesh and eyes if you can't see what you are being tempted with? Eve gave fruit to her husband and he ate. How do you eat imaginary fruit? Eve also said they weren't to touch the tree. How do you not touch and imaginary tree? Yes, there are many symbolic sayings in Genesis, but the fruit was real and the serpent was real and their temptaion was real. They were really naked but, in vs.7 it says the eyes of them were opened. So this is a symolic verse since they had vision, but their spiritual vision was now open.

Since we are all created weak in our flesh, we all eat of the fruit of unrighteousness. It doesn't matter what that fruit its, it is not of God. So, we all ate of the fruit because we were in Adam. 1 Cor.15:46 says: Towbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that  which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.