bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The tree of life  (Read 8513 times)

Roy Martin

The tree of life
« on: August 24, 2009, 09:35:29 AM »

Genesis 2:9
The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
  What is the tree of life?

Peace
Roy

meee

Re: The tree of life
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 10:24:12 AM »

Roy, somewhere in my reading of Roy's I think I remember him saying that Jesus is the Tree of Life.
                 I'll try and find where I saw it. Someone will be quicker than me though and that's great, then we'll have the answer.
                   hugs,meee

meee

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 10:27:39 AM »

Re: the Tree of Life
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 09:41:44 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Lisa,

Those are really good scripture to contemplate. 
I did a search through Ray's site and have found where he mentioned the 'Tree of life.'
I thought it would be good to add to your post 

http://bible-truths.com/lake4.html -------------------

But don’t be deceived, Jesus Christ IS the "tree of life" in the Garden, and NO ONE can partake of that tree of life except he first pass the through the "FLAMING SWORD" that points in all directions and guards the tree of life. Remember, "Our God is a CONSUMING FIRE" (Heb. 12:29).
--------------------------------------------------------
 There's more,I wrote in Jesus the tree of life, in search and found this.meee

9440geoff

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 11:21:49 AM »

Hi Roy,

Here's another link to a previous thread, http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=4073.0

Geoff

Marky Mark

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 04:22:31 PM »

Roy,
  Thanks for bringing up this topic,lots of goodies to eat of if one is so inclined to follow Meee's and Geoff's link. Kat,thank you for the impeccable post in said link. :)

Peace...Mark

Roy Martin

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 08:48:03 PM »

Thanks everyone for your time. Check me on this OK.
  So is the tree being guarded from mankind? Adam and Eve were removed so as not to put forth their hand to the tree of life lest they live forever.
 I can understand that Jesus is a tree of life, but why would God want to keep them from this tree if it was Jesus? I know there is a parable here, but this question just came to me today and might take me a few days or longer to understand all of it.
 Is the tree of life that was in the garden a literal tree that could be seen with the eye or touched? It does seem that way by the way I'm reading it, but I just don't understand it.
 So God told them not to eat of the one tree, but the bible doesn't tell of Him telling them not to reach out to the tree of life.
 The tree of life was unguarded and then guarded only after their sin. I know this topic can turn into some speculation of which I'm not looking for; only the truth that God wants me to know.
Wow! this is a tough one for now.

Roy

« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 09:10:28 PM by Roy Martin »

Roy Martin

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 09:19:00 AM »

I've read what I can find, and the links provided, and am left with the curiosity of why the tree was guarded after sin.Does anyone know what this means?
  Thanks in advance.

Roy

G. Driggs

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 10:28:08 AM »

Hi Roy, I could be wrong but I think they were denied the tree of life because they sinned,they disobeyed Gods command to not eat of the fruit. So if we disobey God, if we sin all we have to look forward to is death, for the wages of sin IS death. But if we obey God and overcome the world as Jesus did, now, today, then we will have access to the tree of life in the first resurrection, which is Jesus. 

Rev 2:7  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Rev 22:14  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Obviously Adam and Eve did not obey God, they sinned and had to die. I think their physical death is similar to our spiritual death if we continue to sin, could be wrong though.

Gen 2:17  But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Rom 6:23  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ (tree of life) our Lord.

I sincerely hope this helps you my brother, because you helped me by asking and I have thought about this many times, and only now do I understand it a little better.

Peace, G.Driggs

mharrell08

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 11:06:19 AM »

I've read what I can find, and the links provided, and am left with the curiosity of why the tree was guarded after sin.Does anyone know what this means?
  Thanks in advance.

Roy

Hello Roy,

Terry provided the link to the Lake of Fire series which talks about the very question you have.

But don’t be deceived, Jesus Christ IS the "tree of life" in the Garden, and NO ONE can partake of that tree of life except he first pass the through the "FLAMING SWORD" that points in all directions and guards the tree of life. Remember, "Our God is a CONSUMING FIRE" (Heb. 12:29).

Passing through the flaming sword (which is a symbol of judgment by spiritual fire) is the same as 'overcoming', calling upon the name of the Lord, dying to the flesh, etc.

The tree was guarded by the flaming sword so that we HAVE TO PASS THROUGH IT in order to partake of the tree of life...we must be judged and purged in order to be made into His image. All these accounts in the scriptures are for our admonition [1 Cor 10:11] but they all teach the same thing [Being made into His image]. Don't let 'hard sayings' or passages that are difficult to understand draw you away from that 1 truth...because even if you don't understand 'how' exactly, you know that all point to the 1 truth.

Hope that helps,

Marques

Roy Martin

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 11:19:10 AM »

Yes Marques, I think you are right that all leads to the one truth.
  Sometimes the curiosity can be confusing more than I like for it to be, but that's just the way it is.
 Thank you everyone.

Peace
Roy

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 02:47:29 PM »

Hi Roy,

Thanks for asking the questions, it makes for very good study material.

Marques and G.Driggs,

Nice pick me up on those Scriptures and explanations.

meee and Geoff,

Those links you both inserted made me do a double take, and i have read them several times before, now i will do it all again.

Mark,

you are right, tons of goodies, my feasting never seems to end.

Kat,

Thanks for the untold hours and effort you put into transcribing or posting so much material from teacher Ray.

Last and Most,

A big shout out to Ray for being Faithful and True to carry out the mission GOD Has sent him to do.

Is there any doubt that we need to be humbled?; no doubt at all from me.

Php 4: 3-9 (MKJV)
3  And I also beg you, true yoke-fellow, help those women who labored in the gospel with me and with Clement, and others of my fellow-laborers, whose names are in the Book of Life.
4  Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I say, Rejoice!
5  Let your moderation be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
6  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
7  And the peace of God which passes all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8  Finally, my brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are right, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there is any virtue and if there is any praise, think on these things.
9  Do those things which you have also learned and received and heard and seen in me. And the God of peace shall be with you.

george ;D.

Roy Martin

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 07:21:05 PM »

Thank you George, and everyone else.
 Have a great and blessed day.

In Christ
    Roy

bunnylife

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 01:45:13 AM »

Thanks everyone for your time. Check me on this OK.
  So is the tree being guarded from mankind? Adam and Eve were removed so as not to put forth their hand to the tree of life lest they live forever.
 I can understand that Jesus is a tree of life, but why would God want to keep them from this tree if it was Jesus? I know there is a parable here, but this question just came to me today and might take me a few days or longer to understand all of it.

I was reading this and the word parable and then spiritual kept going across my mind.
The two trees in the garden - one tree is death (carnal) and the other is life (spiritual)
First the physical then the spiritual.

1 Corinthians 15:46 (NKJV)
46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.

We have to experience 2nd death before we get to experience spiritual life. God of course knew what Eve would do and set her up. He made man weak so we would make that first step into becoming children of God. I was thinking the tree of life is Jesus which is Spirit then Adam and Eve could not perceive or see it. They had no knowledge of good or evil. After they sinned though they were aware of their nakedness... were they also aware of the tree of life as in perceiving or seeing because now they had knowledge of good and evil? Then it had to be guarded by the flaming sword.

Romans 6:3-4
3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Hebrews 9:27
27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,

1 John 5:12
12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. (death)

In His Joy,
Bunni

Roy Martin

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 09:44:36 AM »

Hello Bunni.

Parable, spiritual, carnal, before and after, not seeing, and then seeing, life and death; its all in this one little scripture about the tree of life.Wow!

Roy

Ninny

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 10:17:28 AM »

Talk about buying the Pearl of Great Price!!!  What was that you said the other day, George (aqr)? About mining for a gem??  What a great thread!!  :D
Kathy 8) ;)

Roy Martin

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 10:20:42 AM »

Kathy, its definitely a teaser.

Roy

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 05:00:42 PM »

Hi,
I beleive that they couldn't eat of the tree of life....Jesus, because  He hadn't yet been sacrificed for us. He  hadn't died and then rose again.thuis shedding His blood and taking on all our sins. Just my thoughts.

God Bless
Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

Ninny

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 05:03:18 PM »

Hey, Sandie, I hadn't thought of that before! Good thought!!
Kathy :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 23 queries.