bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for my granddaughter  (Read 6323 times)

9440geoff

Prayer for my granddaughter
« on: August 24, 2009, 11:52:14 AM »

Hi BT family,

This is a prayer request for Lauren, my granddaughter. She is six years old and has a condition called cholesteatoma. It is a problem in the inner ear, and at worst, can grow into and affect the brain. Lauren is going into into hospital in Ipswich, England, tomorrow for an operation on Wednesday.

My son and his wife have been told that Lauren will have to have her eardrum rebuilt, but, apart from that, they won't know how serious it is until the surgeon operates.

Naturally, I'm praying that it is God's will that Lauren be completely healed, but I know that that may not be His will.
So, my brothers and sisters in Christ, please pray for Lauren. I'll keep you posted.

Geoff

meee

Re: Prayer for my granddaughter
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 12:09:32 PM »

Geoff, I'm praying for all you've asked.
            Yes, thank you for keeping us updated.
               hugs,meee

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 03:48:13 PM »

Geoff, for sure your little grandaughter will be in my prayers for complete healing. God leads us through many hard paths, but He never leaves us or forsakes us...
Kathy :-*

OBrenda

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 05:23:09 PM »

Geoff,

Aren't Granddaughters the Best?
I'd be happy to join my prayers for her with you!
Brenda

Marlene

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 01:51:46 AM »

I will pray for your granddaughter. It is hard to see a child in a hospital and going through things like this. I know, God will be with her every step of the way.

In His Love,
Marlene

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 03:28:39 AM »

geoff,
i too will pray for your little lauren. going to hospital for a child can be quite scary, but i pray; Dear Father that You will cover geoff's granddaughter with Your sweet peace and comfort. i ask Father that You will work through the hands of the surgeon and all who care for this young child. Father, please have mercy on lauren and cause the cholesteatoma to be healed or able to be removed without any complications. i ask You Father to also have mercy on lauren's daddy and mommy and all of her family, as they await the time for this trial to be behind them. i pray that geoff will bring Your comfort to his family, and especially his dear lauren, as he speaks through the Love of Christ within him. in the Name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, that Your will be done. amen.

claudia

firefly77

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 12:31:25 PM »

Geoff,
Am praying for your granddaughter and your family.
Please keep us informed.

Angie

Linny

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 03:06:20 PM »

So sorry to hear of this trial. Lauren will be in my prayers for a complete healing and a witness to everyone around of the power of God.

Blessings, Lin

9440geoff

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 07:48:16 PM »

Thank you BT family for all your prayers. My son just called to say that Lauren is back home with them. At first I thought he meant that the operation had not been done, but my son said that the surgeon was so pleased with how the operation had gone he said Lauren could go home, if she wanted.

The operation took 3 hours, during which time the surgeon removed a tumor and rebuilt the ear canal. The ear is packed out with a dressing and has to be left like that for 3 weeks. There are stitches behind the ear which will dissolve. Everything needs to heal well, now. We'll know more in 3 weeks time.

I praise God for your answered prayers.

Geoff

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 08:56:05 PM »

Geoff,
Now we will pray for quick healing! Kids are awesome, they bounce back so quickly!!
Kathy :-*

firefly77

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 11:53:56 AM »

Wow, that's good news. Thank you, Heavenly Father!
Will pray for a speedy and complete recovery now.

Angie

meee

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 04:26:55 PM »

That sounds wonderful Geoff, shall now pray for complete healing .
  Praise God!
    hugs,meee

Terry

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 06:49:45 PM »

Geoff that is great news i will also be praying for her recovery
Terry
Terry

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 04:41:20 AM »

Hi BT family,

This is a prayer request for Lauren, my granddaughter. She is six years old and has a condition called cholesteatoma. It is a problem in the inner ear, and at worst, can grow into and affect the brain. Lauren is going into into hospital in Ipswich, England, tomorrow for an operation on Wednesday.

My son and his wife have been told that Lauren will have to have her eardrum rebuilt, but, apart from that, they won't know how serious it is until the surgeon operates.

Naturally, I'm praying that it is God's will that Lauren be completely healed, but I know that that may not be His will.
So, my brothers and sisters in Christ, please pray for Lauren. I'll keep you posted.

Geoff

Hey Geoff,

I am certainly praying for the little six year old! No child should have to be concerned about such a thing as this! I pray that the Lord guide the surgeons hand, so that he may do the best job possible! I know God is with you and your family but i will certainly bring my petition to Him, that she be well and fully healed!

With love in Christ,

Alex

9440geoff

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 07:45:23 PM »

Hi BT family,

Firstly, thank you to everyone who prayed for Lauren, my granddaughter. She was able to go to school within days of her operation, and has managed to put up with having a bandage round her head for three weeks. She returned to hospital last Wednesday to have the dressing removed from her ear. In fact there were two dressings; the first came out relatively easily, but Lauren became very agitated when the doctor tried to remove the second, as it was deep down. The doctor said that he didn't want her to become more stressed, so he left the dressing in for another two weeks, and her parents must put antibiotic drops into the ear during this time.

Please pray that when Lauren returns to have the second dressing removed that it comes out easily, and that there are no further complications.

Thank you,

Geoff

Roy Coates

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 08:44:05 PM »

May God be with you and yours during this tough time. continued healing and comfort to Lauren.

Marlene

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 12:55:47 AM »

I will pray for your grandaughter Lauren. I hate when children have to be ill.

In His Love,
Marlene

cjwood

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 03:55:40 AM »

standing with you in faith geoff and offering prayer on little lauren's behalf.

claudia

9440geoff

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 05:53:47 PM »

I want to thank everyone who has been praying for my granddaughter, and give all the glory to God for her complete healing.

Lauren returned to hospital yesterday, and was anaesthetised in order for the doctor to remove the dressing that was left deep inside her ear. However, on examination, the doctor could find no trace of the dressing and so he just cleaned the ear, had a good look to make sure it was all healed nicely, and was left scratching his head about the missing dressing!

He was so pleased with how the ear had healed, he said Lauren could go swimming straight away, with no need to protect her ear any more.

Our God is so amazing in the way He works.

Geoff

Marlene

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 11:29:49 PM »

Wonderful News Geoff!

In His Love,
Marlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.