bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A jehovah witness visits  (Read 3934 times)

AK4

A jehovah witness visits
« on: August 24, 2009, 05:10:32 PM »

Hi everyone.  I just thought id share my experience

Yesterday two JWs (a man and a woman) made a return visit to my house.  The first visit i wasnt there but my girlfriend was (shes not a believer) and she did what most people do when they see them (keep quiet and tell the kids to tell em your in the shower or something).  Anyway they returned yesterday and this time i was there and they asked if i would talk to em.

I said sure, thinking about how Ray said his experience was with them (Nashville 07 conference?).  So i introduce myself as not a christian but one who is Buried with Christ and explained why i dont consider myself a christian.  They shook their heads and nodded in agreement about how there are many false doctrines out there.  I told them yup and i know what JWs believe also (eternal annihilation and all the other doctrines) which eventually leads up to free will and predestination and God created evil.

They first asked me the usual christian/worldly question "Have you notice how out of control the world is these days? and basically stated something like do you believe God has allowed things to get this way".  I said yup its all in His plan.  You should have seen the shock on their faces. They responded "so you believe God planned all this?".  I say "yup, this is all part of His plan, God created evil".  And so it began.

They asked what bible do i use, i tell em i dont use just one and that there are plenty of bad translations out there especially on words like for ever and ever and eternity and hell and that you will never come to the truth with just one. That you need several bibles plus concordances and even more.  They nod in agreement but not really agreeing.

We start talking about different things and an opportunity came in like what happened to Ray where i could use the verse "For it God who works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure" and i was wondering if id get the exact same response Ray got.  Well not quite because somehow it jumped to predestination.  The man asked me if i was humble about the Word or if i was something like it but really meaning stubborn against the Word---basically asking if i was open-minded to their "truths".  I assured him how humble i was and he offered to have a bible study with me the next time i was available.  i humbling said "sure just come right over anytime" (thinking to myself, i know its pointless to do this but oh well, i will see if God has blessed me with the ability to "have an answer for the hope that lies within".

Well time was going by and by this time the man was already was considering me a loss and the woman brought up lucifers rebellion and I explain to them how it is a hoax. I tell them if they get to the original hebrew and greek words they can discover this truth and many other truths left out of the Christian doctrines. 

So finally They say "well we have this booklet that can answer many stuff and would you like to see it".  I say sure let me see whatcha got. The first line says "what purpose does God have for humanity" or something like that.  So somehow we got back to free will and predestination again and this time Adam and Eve comes up.  They say “well Adam and Eve chose to disobey God by their free will and so they chose their fate”. 

So I posed to question them like this
“You do believe God is omniscient, all powerful and especially ALL KNOWING?” 
They say “yeah”. 

“I say and you do believe He created everything right?  Including Lucifer/satan regardless if he chose to rebel?”

Reluctantly, “Yeah”

“So if God, knowing all, knew that satan would rebel, created a garden, created a tree of good AND evil in it, placed Adam and Eve where the tree was and then on top of all that we are told a Christ was slain BEFORE the foundation of the world, dont you think that God planned all that to happen and the world—the way it is--?”

“Well, uhhh, well we see you are a deep thinker and we are just trying to get people to read their bibles”

“well then we end up back at the same problem as before”

Well a couple minutes after that, they left, frustrated.  I don’t think they’ll come back for bible study.

In Jesus,

Anthony

aqrinc

Re: A jehovah witness visits
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 11:52:02 PM »

Hi Anthony,

You have been paying attention in school, well done my brother. All this without having to condemn the message bearer even though their message is so filled with errors. GOD Is Faithful with us and Showed by your actions just how humble we should learn to be.

In Jesus Christ ,

george. ;D

OBrenda

Re: A jehovah witness visits
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 12:56:22 AM »

An encouraging way to handle this situation!
 :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.