bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray said it best...  (Read 7265 times)

Ninny

Ray said it best...
« on: August 25, 2009, 01:16:36 AM »

Sometimes, especially when people first discover the truths of God here at Bible Truths it is difficult because most people have come out of churches and now feel alone..but once you are here for awhile you begin to reach out to one another on this forum..I feel that I know each of you as a personal friend.  You all are as real to me as if we were sitting together sharing in any church or Bible study. I read a response from Ray's email this evening and once again Ray says it best...

But God has made a way to fellowship, and that is through His Spirit.  For this reason we have established our bible-truths Forum.  It is located at the bottom of our home page.  There people of like mind can commune with one another and not feel totally alone in their walk of faith.

Through God's Spirit we are able to call each other friend...and through this forum we share our lives....
Kathy ;)

aqrinc

Re: Ray said it best...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 01:21:00 AM »

Sometimes, especially when people first discover the truths of God here at Bible Truths it is difficult because most people have come out of churches and now feel alone..but once you are here for awhile you begin to reach out to one another on this forum..I feel that I know each of you as a personal friend.  You all are as real to me as if we were sitting together sharing in any church or Bible study. I read a response from Ray's email this evening and once again Ray says it best...

But God has made a way to fellowship, and that is through His Spirit.  For this reason we have established our bible-truths Forum.  It is located at the bottom of our home page.  There people of like mind can commune with one another and not feel totally alone in their walk of faith.

Through God's Spirit we are able to call each other friend...and through this forum we share our lives....
Kathy ;)

Amen Kathy,

george. :)

tinknocker

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 02:01:49 AM »

Second that  ;D

Tom

OBrenda

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 10:39:09 AM »

Truly a Blessing!
 ;D

gmik

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 12:55:46 PM »

Amen.  Well said by all.

Roy Coates

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 01:31:22 PM »

Certainly been a life line for me. I reach out both for understanding and in desperation. Blessed to be a part and blessed to have you all.

Linny

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 03:01:18 PM »

I feel like I really know you guys too and that I am connecting with people of like mind every day.
I have a whole group of new friends! I am so blessed by this forum.

Love, Lin

Terry

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 03:26:12 PM »

Ninny you said that right thats the way i felt when i first started my journey here i know its strange but i'm only now starting to feel comfortable in posting after reading the many posts of everyone i can see we are all going through the same trials one way or the other and after a while it seems to draw us all closer to each other i truely feel blessed by being here and having all of you as sisters and brothers.
Much Peace
Terry
Terry

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 06:32:53 PM »

Hey guys, You know God has brought us all here together for a reason. It is a real blessing for sure to call all of you my friends!  We are all as diverse as can be, but we are all the same in Christ! We are of the same mind and all different in the gifts and abilities we have!  We have each other and God, too! Who could ask for anything better than that! I for one do NOT miss going to church! I DO miss you guys, however when someone drops out for awhile!! even for a few days..so don't nobody go nowhere!! Please!!  :D
Kathy ;)

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 07:36:50 PM »

This place certainly is a blessing all around.  It's nice to retreat here and help to recharge the batteries after dealing with Babylon.  On various forums I share quite often at least links going back to the website figuring that God will draw whom he will.  I was sharing some truths with the babalonian contingent on another forum on some of the things I have learned about the book of Revelation and of course was immediately laughed to scorn when I shared how revelation was primarily spiritual and not literal....a book chock full of signs, symbols and allegories.  The very first verse of the book instructs us that what follows is symbolic but they would have nothing of it.  They expect a literal (man) anti-christ, a literal (man) false prophet, literal (men) two witnesses, literal dragons, litteral white horses for us to ride, ect.  But I certainly know that I'm no better than any of them and it's by God's grace in Christ alone that my eyes have been opened to some of his truth.  I try not ever to take for granted what we have here and the fellowship we share.

9440geoff

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 09:07:35 AM »

This place certainly is a blessing all around.

Amen to that Arion

Roy Martin

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 09:57:10 AM »

It goes very good with a cup of java in the morning.
 It use to be just me and my java in the morning, now its me and my java and the forum = 3

Roy

Ninny

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 10:07:17 AM »

Hi Arion,
I admire you for sharing what you know with others in other places..There are some brave men on this forum who do it all the time..I say brave because they DO meet some of the meanest "Christians" anywhere around and they continue to stand up against all the ridicule they get! So hang in there and stay strong, let God lead you and when the time comes to 'shake off the dust' be prepared to walk away without regret, knowing that you have spoken the truth and someone may have received it!! Just the way I look at it! :D
Kathy ;)

Roy Martin..you have said it well, amen!!

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 12:51:38 PM »

I 'stumbled' across this place Kathy (of course I know better now) because of Ray's paper on tithing and was blown away by what I read.  Someone had posted his paper in full on the net and I saved it to my hard drive and forwarded it to a bunch of people.  Some time later as I was puttering around I came across the paper again and decided to try to find out more about the author and I landed on the website here. 

I felt that Ray was correct on tithing as I couldn't argue with the scriptures but when I started to read the LOF series I thought him to be a heretic.  The tithing paper was good (even a blind pig finds an acorn occasionally) but a Christian who didn't believe in Hell?  Especially when Jesus talked about it?  Well, I dismissed Ray.  Several months later I came back to the website again and actually started to read what was written and scales as they were fell from my eyes and I began to see for the very first time that God indeed does love all his creation and he will save all his creation eventually.

No one could of forced me to read Ray's material and no one could of begged me into it.  The soil of my heart had to be tilled and prepared to receive these truths and it was a process that took a couple of years.  So when I'm on various forums I have a tag line that mentions the lake of fire and asks is it really an eternal torture chamber with a link back to this site.  Other times when I come across one of babylons favorite heresies on a forum I share a few things and provide a link back to one of Ray's papers that talks about the subject at hand. 

I figure that it costs me little to put a piece of bait on the hook and then let God fish for whom he will.  Most of the time of course if anything at all is said to me it's negative but I have had at least one instance of reading a post by a very bitter man who although not an athiest hated God with a passion because of the evil and wicked things in the world and much of the suffering he has went through for no apparent reason and with sharing and offering a link back to the website he started to read the lake of fire. 

Now, several months later I see him posting to this other forum as a man who's heart is being changed and I see him at the point I was at a few years ago when I started to come around.  I have even seen him address a few issues on free will and post links back to Ray's papers.  So it's an encouragement.  God will draw whom he will draw.  I used to argue the bible with the best.  Now I'm content to share a truth and post a link and it's up to God whether the seeds fall on fallow ground or the tilled soil. 

Ninny

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 03:21:09 PM »

Arion, I think that is very beautiful. Thank you for sharing that! You know..most of us probably 'stumbled' the same way you did! What's kind of funny, you know how churches do their best and spend tons of money trying to get people to come...Crazy, that for all of that, it isn't even the way God works!! God just drags all of us around until we finally come to rest where He wants us! I was a Seventh Day Adventist for nearly 20 years and that's exactly how I got there through the church spending time and money to recruit me there. You know through it all I followed God! God took me there and taught me many things then He took me out and taught me many more things! Every where you land in this life is by God's design and purpose..we usually always know when the time is up..When God starts moving on us and calling us "out", it has happened to me many times, On my journey here to Bible truths..I was going everywhere I followed God I went to several churches, but I kept reading Ray's papers and articles, one after the other..the more the truth sank in the unhappier I was in the church, but I thought that's where I was supposed to be..until at last I gave it up and came here for real!!

So just know, friend that God is in control! That is probably the first thing I learned from Ray, that GOD is in control, not me!! The next thing I learned from Ray is that our God is so wonderfully awesome!! I never in all my years of serving God knew that He was the most extreme kind of loving Father!! That's just the best lesson any of us can learn! :D
Kathy :D ;)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 04:43:04 AM »

Haha Kathy, You are very real to me as well :)
You've always been so kind and supportive! Thank you so much for the positive influence and thank you for this thread!

God bless,

Alex

Ninny

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 09:32:16 AM »

Alex, you know I love you, boy!! I hope you always stay sweet! :D
Kathy ;)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 10:42:21 PM »

Alex, you know I love you, boy!! I hope you always stay sweet! :D
Kathy ;)

God willing! right? :P

Ninny

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 11:19:13 PM »

Always!!  :D
Kathy ;)

MePogo

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 01:10:32 AM »

It always amazes me how many came here by "accident."  I don't really know of anyone saying they deliberately came and stayed.  I was one of those accidents... looking up a search on "Hell" and the next thing I knew, I knew; if that makes any sense.  Well, lots of reading between the looking up and knowing.  But once I read the truth, I felt it (if that makes sense) and it became a part of who I am.  The truth put a breach between me and some friends but it also gave me so much.  I immediately wanted to share the good news with the world but that was a thankless task.  Too bad I don't have Ray's gift for words but his words changed me forever.  So wonderful to have a place to be among friends; feels like family.

Love and hugs to all
Pogo
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 19 queries.