bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let the fun begin!  (Read 6797 times)

hillsbororiver

Let the fun begin!
« on: June 11, 2006, 07:13:16 PM »

Yes, it is that time of year again, Tropical Storms on the Gulf Coast, actually this brings back fond memories of how I first "discovered" or
"stumbled" onto Bible Truths. It was in the midst of last year's Hurricane(not U of Miami Football, college ball was just starting) season that I punched "weather, revelation" into the search engine and "Hell Does Not Exist" (Bible Truths) pops up, big night, unforgettable.

Anyway, Alberto has planned a visit to our area but he is keeping his actual plans a bit undercover, most of us here are prepared to welcome him but you never know what surprises these Tropical rascals have in store.

One big plus is when the storms roll in the temperature scrolls down, we get much needed rain and the traffic slows to a trickle, much to look forward to.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend and I look forward to our electricity still being available on Monday so I can prowl through the posts yet another day.

Joe

gmik

let the fun begin
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 10:30:22 PM »

Joe, you are in my prayers.  I really want a nice quiet hurricane season for you all!!

Falconn003

Let the fun begin!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 02:59:08 AM »

Joe

make sure you take your umbrella and wear you boots, not to mention have your boat in tow for that rising tide.

the only thing good about himacanes is the changing landscape, other than that you are in my prayers.

Rodger

hillsbororiver

Let the fun begin!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 09:10:48 AM »

Thank you for your prayers Isabell, Gena & Rodger,

This storm is probably only "spring training" for what we may get later in the season. Actually, we really need the rain as we have experienced a drought the few months, the river is so low where I live that my boat is beached (but it is there just in case Rodger).

The media as usual has jumped all over this, the storm of anxiety they try to brew up often exceeds the damage done by the storm itself, this is all over the radio and TV like a scene from the "Left Behind" movie.

Thanks again,

Joe

Sorin

Re: Let the fun begin!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 09:20:59 AM »

Quote from: Isabell
Quote from: hillsbororiver
I hope everyone has had a great weekend and I look forward to our electricity still being available on Monday so I can prowl through the posts yet another day.

Lord, what would we do without electricity.  Our power went out for a couple hours for no reason today.  I look forward to being away from the east coast before the end of hurricane season.

Well I certainly wouldn't want to live where there are hurricanes. So I can't really blame you for wanting to leave. Joe you're a brave man for sticking around. I wish you and your family safety through all this.  [-o<
You're in my prayers.

God Bless,
Sorin

hillsbororiver

Let the fun begin!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 12:07:36 PM »

Thanks Sorin, this is a Tropical Storm not a hurricane so the winds will most likely remain 45 mph or less. Thanks for the kind word but maybe instead of brave, stupid may be a more fitting word.

My family and business are all here, so here I will remain, I have entertained thoughts of living elsewhere but severe winters or the threat of earthquakes or the lack of good jobs in my field give me pause in going anywhere else. The difficulty in "teaching an old dog new tricks" may come into play with regard to me as well.

This storm doesn't look like anything too severe, just a practice run for what might be in store.

Take care,

Joe

buddyjc

Let the fun begin!
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 01:13:10 PM »

Hey Joe, I am right there with you.  Well...not too far away.  I live in Orlando.  It doesn't look like Alberto is going to have much punch, but we desperately need the rain.  One thing's for sure, the season is off to a quick start.  

Brian

buddyjc

Let the fun begin!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 03:51:04 PM »

Hey Joe, Alberto is getting stronger!  I will be praying you and your family, and those on the west coast.  

Brian

hillsbororiver

Let the fun begin!
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 04:56:56 PM »

Thank you Brian and Bobby,

Yes, it has gained strength, tetering on transforming into a Cat 1 Hurricane, we never know what these rascally (wascawy, as my man Elmer Fudd would say) Trop Storms have in store.

If one can keep from having heart failure watching the breathless, hyper Chicken Littles in the media, the actual storm itself may be rather easily contended with in comparison to the chatterbox talking heads working folks into a lather.

It is a good idea to be prepared for this stuff, we have a backup generator, plenty of water and batteries and my house was built to some exacting standards (way over and above 2002 Hurricane Code) since I was the builder and had access to the very latest technology I doubled all the strapping and bracing among other things. I did what was humanly possible, but it is in the Lord's Hands ultimately, praise Him!

No fear here, just faith that it all is under His control for His purpose.

Thanks again,

Joe

P.S. Sorin, how did you know this was going to become a hurricane? You getting inside information? :shock:

SandyFla

Let the fun begin!
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 05:43:22 PM »

Hey Joe, I'm right across the bay from you!

To the rest: So far, we only got some much-needed rain. Right now, it's not even doing that. Even looks like the sun is trying to come out.  :roll:

Sandy

hillsbororiver

Let the fun begin!
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 10:17:15 PM »

Hi Sandy,

Yes we got the ray of sunshine for a few minutes too. It is pretty calm here now not even much rain, but there is that funny kind of greenish glow that seems to accompany these weather patterns.

I think we will be fine, take care neighbor and hope you and yours remain safe and dry!

Thanks,

Joe

rvhill

Re: Let the fun begin!
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 06:15:21 PM »

Quote from: hillsbororiver
Yes, it is that time of year again, Tropical Storms on the Gulf Coast, actually this brings back fond memories of how I first "discovered" or
"stumbled" onto Bible Truths. It was in the midst of last year's Hurricane(not U of Miami Football, college ball was just starting) season that I punched "weather, revelation" into the search engine and "Hell Does Not Exist" (Bible Truths) pops up, big night, unforgettable.

from reading Reveltaion I would be more worried about La Palma, and it  volcano the Cumbre Vieja.

Revelation 8:8 The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood,

just a happy thought for the day :twisted:

Falconn003

Let the fun begin!
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 06:07:54 AM »

well it passed and now the next is forming.

The Caribbean Ocean has started up it's conveyor of Himacanes, indeed.

My prayers go out to those in the region.

Rodger

knuckle

Let the fun begin!
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 10:49:04 PM »

Hi all----------

spent the last two days fixing some fences(my job) that Alberto knocked about.We had a couple of gusts here (port charlotte area) around 40 mph.surprising how privacy fence becomes a kite when the wind picks up a little. What kind of rain total did you get up your way Joe?

much love-----knuckle

hillsbororiver

Let the fun begin!
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 12:18:58 AM »

Hey knuckle,

Piece of cake here, about 3" total in my part of Tampa, but you know how Florida is, it could rain double that right across the street!

Some tree residue, late spring pruning (nature's way) in the driveway is all the residual damage we sustained.

Thanks for asking, hope all is well with you and yours,

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 17 queries.