bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: prayer request for a friend  (Read 3844 times)

firefly77

prayer request for a friend
« on: August 27, 2009, 12:25:22 PM »

I am very concerned about a dear friend of mine. He has a successful business, however, all the responsibilities of producing a quality product, keeping the customers happy, machine breakdowns, and delivering the product to the customers in time in addition to a work crew that doesn't know the meaning of showing up for work, calling in sick when they are not, has him in a state of great anxiety and stress. I see him running himself ragged, not getting enough sleep, working 7 days a week, losing patience and burning out fast. He has had a couple of minor "heart" episodes already in the last 8 months. He needs to find someone responsible and trustworthy to run the business for 2 or 3 days a week so he can take a break. He is such a sweet man and would do anything for anybody. I think his work crew is taking advantage of him knowing he will still treat them well.
I want to be of help to him in any way I can. He is German just like me and the German "pride" can get in the way of him asking for my assistance. He was brought up to never show any weakness and to tough it out. What can I do? I have tried, but it's like running into a brick wall. I don't want to see him having another heart episode or stoke. I need God's wisdom in how to effectively approach him and not sound overbearing.
Anyway, I would appreciate your prayers. Thank you!
Angie

Ninny

Re: prayer request for a friend
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 04:02:02 PM »

Hey Angie...You have my prayers, for sure!
Kathy :-*

meee

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 04:24:11 PM »

Mine too Angie!
      meee :)

firefly77

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 04:56:47 PM »

Thank you so much.
He just wrote me a very detailed synopsis of what has been happening at the business, and it may be of dire consequences if a contamination problem in the product they're making is not found asap. They are throwing about 70 % of finished product away at this time, because the product has to be absolutely clean; it goes through a rigorous inspection process. They are far behind in filling orders, their largest customer is getting very unhappy and may end up taking their business someplace else. It is the greatest challenge he has ever faced in his business, and I know it is making him absolutely sick. Because he has his living quarters there as well, he can never get away. Right now they are running 2 shifts from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.. The business is vital to this little town and provides employment to a lot of people; if it has to shut down it will cause a ripple effect through the whole community.
He has to find the cause; they inspected and cleaned all the equipment, checked the raw material, etc. They are pretty much at their wits' end. God has to show him where the contamination is starting. I told him about the prayer; it would be nice if he could see for himself that prayer makes a big difference and works.

Thank you again for your prayer support.

Angie

Terry

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 06:44:17 PM »

I know after running a business for 20 years what thats like i will remember him in prayer

Terry
Terry

9440geoff

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 07:28:05 PM »

I'm praying for a good outcome for your friend and his business, Angie.

Father God, I pray that You will help Angie's friend to put things in perspective. That he will realise that his sleep and health is more important than his business, because without those he won't have a business. Also Father could You provide him with reliable workers, and a special one that he can trust his business to for 2 or 3 days a week. He also needs to find the source of the contamination, Father , and so I pray that you will send Your Holy Spirit to enlighten him. Most of all, Father, I pray that You will give him the blessing of knowing You, and our Lord Jesus, and that Angie will be instrumental in this.
In Jesus name, amen.

Marlene

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 01:14:29 AM »

I will keep him in my prayers.

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 04:08:00 AM »

amen to your prayer geoff. i will also say prayers for his angie. you are a special friend to ask for prayer for him.

claudia

firefly77

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 11:06:19 AM »

I thank each and everyone of you; you are awesome!
I will keep you informed.

Angie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.