bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Abductor/Rapist of Jaycee Dugard  (Read 6464 times)

Rocket999

Abductor/Rapist of Jaycee Dugard
« on: August 29, 2009, 02:27:06 AM »

I am sure you have all heard the top news story sometime in the past few days about Jaycee Lee Dugard, the girl who was kidnapped at age 11 and held as a sex slave for over 18 years mothering two daughters with the alleged suspect. I remember hearing the news and getting very hatefully angry that a person could ever do such a thing and I started to wish all of these terrible things against him before I remembered to calm down and remember that I really need to pray for this man knowing that God will forgive him and sanctify him, in due time. Strange thing is is I read in the news report (from Fox News and CNN) that the man had some strange religous beliefs and when I got to the bottom I read one of his quotes from a telephone interview he did with a Sacramento radio station saying....

""the Creator has given me the ability to speak in the tongue of angels in order to provide a wake-up call that will in time include the salvation of the entire world."

wow. isn't that weird? Don't get me wrong, the man is absolutely nuts and out of his mind. It's not that I believe he doesn't feel guilt and doesn't have a desire to repent, but I also read that he claims he can "talk to God through a box" as well as having the ability to control sound with his mind.

But that part he said about how the creator has given him a prophecy to fulfill to the world about telling them about the salvation of all mankind did kind of make me wonder why and how God is exactly working with him, I admit.

I know I'm not asking a question, but comments on this would be greatly appreciated!

daywalker

Re: Abductor/Rapist of Jaycee Dugard
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 04:56:59 AM »

I could see the Church using his statement against 'universalists' as a sorta 'proof' that their hell doctrine is accurate and those who believe in salvation of all are deceived and delusional just like him.

They probably already are...

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 08:12:40 AM »

The man has to be schizophrenic... I knew a guy who tells people sometimes that he knows Jesus Christ, other times he tells people he IS Jesus Christ. He has said all kinds of weird things like God has given him messages, angels have given him messages... it is frightening how the mind can go into some kind of delusional place...
One of the strangest movies I've ever seen was "The Fight Club" with Brad Pitt... The mind is definitely complicated and can produce some very strong delusions..some things are beyond my realm of understanding for sure!!
Kathy :-\

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 01:13:44 PM »

I could see the Church using his statement against 'universalists' as a sorta 'proof' that their hell doctrine is accurate and those who believe in salvation of all are deceived and delusional just like him.

They probably already are...

I agree with Chris, i doubt that this was anything more than another tribulation we who believe in the salvation of all will endure, because now we will be tied into the likes of this man who seems extremely unstable mentally.

You know God said it isn't going to get any easier and this is just another one of His tribulations for all of us to endure. The church has more ammo for its destructive doctrine of hell and it will use this by saying, 'You see the type of people who believe Jesus will save everyone? Look at what they do, look at what thinking God's going to save you anyway i can act whatever way i want does to our world!'

Of course they couldn't be further from the truth with these thoughts but... what can you do? Trust God. He knows what He's doing :)

God bless,

Alex

Terry

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 06:59:45 PM »

It's so evil and sick it makes me sick to think about it

Terry
Terry

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 01:41:53 AM »

I took a look at his blog, and from what I've gathered, the 'salvation of all' is not really the point of this guy's 'theology'.  I wouldn't get over-sensitive to that one fragment of a statement just because it kinda sounds like UR. 

Religion has always had it's crackpots, having both drawn them and created them.         
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

firefly77

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 11:50:49 AM »

Rockett999,
There are bad examples in every segment of society; unfortunately, they get all the press!

Angie

Terry

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 07:09:26 PM »

As I have had time to think about this thread it has been very good for me as I kept thinking of my reply
It's so evil and sick it makes me sick to think about it

Terry

----------------------------------------------------------
I was so eager and ready to throw the first stone but then God reminded me of my past and of so many of the things that I have buried in the darkest corner of my heart that are not the same as what this man did but on the other hand are just as sinful and rotten and by no means could I ever bare to reveal them to anyone and so I’m dropping the rest of these stones and walking away and thanking God for his Mercy and Love, Thank you Lord.

Joh 8:7 Now as they persisted asking Him, He unbends and said to them, "Let the sinless one of you first cast a stone at her."
Terry
Terry

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 07:33:15 PM »

Sometimes the evil in others, Terry, reveals the evil in us..but don't forget, friend...what God has forgiven..He  has chosen to forget...our mind acts like a video that will play our past back to us in a continual loop..and it wants to show us the worst instead of the best of who we are and what we've done..Pull the plug on that video and try to see yourself like God sees you. This is hard, but the sins that we cannot bear to reveal to anyone are the ones that Jesus has already borne on the cross for us!  :D Count on it!!
Kathy ;)

Terry

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 08:02:29 PM »

Yes Kathy i know what you're saying and i don't beat myself up anymore the things of the past are in the past nothing can be done about them now it just reminded me not to be so judgemental.
Terry
Terry

cjwood

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 02:51:39 AM »

I’m dropping the rest of these stones and walking away and thanking God for his Mercy and Love, Thank you Lord.

terry,
your statement above is one of the most awesome things i have read in a long time. it is all about repentance and even that is of His kindness and grace. very well said terry, very well said.

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.