bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 john 5:7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4474 times)

bible man

1 john 5:7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: August 29, 2009, 12:54:08 PM »

PLEASE !!!!  this scripture used by those that teach the "Trinity" 1 John 5:7 hasn't this scripture been tampered with doesn't it say water, spirit and blood ?

G. Driggs

Re: 1 john 5:7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 01:03:01 PM »

Here is a great article written by brother Ray on the subject of the trinity.

Is God a Closed Trinity or an Expanding Family? http://bible-truths.com/trinity.html
If you have time please read it in its entirety if you haven't already. Here is an excerpt

So let’s do something else. Let’s look at a few Scriptures that Trinitarians claim add credence to their theory. I will take no more than a few pages to try and clarify the Scriptural teaching on who, what, and how many Gods there really are.

First of all we must dispense with I John 5:7 which reads in the King James Version

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

There is a problem with this verse. The words that I typed in bold print are not Scripture. They should NOT be in the Bible. There are many Bibles that do not contain these words. Here are a few:

The Concordant Literal New Testament: "...seeing that three there are that are testifying, the spirit, and the water, and the blood, and the three are for the one thing."

New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures: "For there are three witness bearers, the spirit and the water and the blood, and the three are in agreement."

A New Translation by James Moffatt: "The witnesses are three, the Spirit and the water and the blood, and the three of them are in accord."

The Emphatic Diaglott: "For there are three which testify; the Spirit, and the water, and the blood; and the three are of one."

The Emphatic Diaglott has a footnote:

"This text concerning the heavenly witnesses [as found in some versions] is NOT contained in ANY Greek manuscript which was written earlier than the 15th century. It is not cited by ANY of the Greek ecclesiastical writers; nor by ANY of the early Latin fathers..."

The Holy Bible--New Catholic Version: "For there are three that bear witness [in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness on earth]: the Spirit, and the water, and the blood; and these three are one."

The brackets are supplied by the translators. This version also has a footnote:

"According to the evidence of many manuscripts, and the majority of commentators, these verses should read: ‘For there are three that bear witness: the Spirit, and the water, and the blood; and these three are one.’ The Holy See reserves to itself the right to pass finally on the origin of the present reading."

The New Testament from 26 Translations: Footnote, page 1183:

"The words between ‘bear record’ (verse 7) and ‘the spirit’ (verse 8) are now recognized as not adequately supported by original manuscripts."

As those words were hand written in a copy of a manuscript as late as the 15th century and do not appear in ANY Greek manuscript, they have no place in the inspired Word of God. I know of only one other verse that is not supported by original manuscripts, and that is Acts 28, verse 30. This added verse in Acts 28 is not, however, as harmful as the added verse in I John 5:7.

"I and the Father, We are ONE" (John 10:30).

Let me be perfectly clear, logical, and Scriptural on this matter:

One plus one plus one DOES NOT equal one!

One God plus one God plus one God DOES NOT equal one God!

One third of a God plus one third of a God plus one third of a God DOES NOT equal one whole God!

The Holy Spirit of God cannot also be that same God! ANYTHING that is either "from" or "of" something ELSE cannot also "BE" that something else no matter what or who it is!

A "Father" and a "Son" CANNOT ALSO BE THE SAME PERSON!

Countless things can be said to "be ONE" in numerous forms of close relationship. In this close relationship of purpose, will, harmony, etc., our Lord said:

"I and the Father, We are ONE" (John 10:30).

Will all my readers please note that Jesus DID NOT say "I and the Father, We are one GOD," did He? No, He did not!

Do the Scriptures, however, tell us that there is only ONE GOD? Yes, they do.

Do the Scriptures, tell us WHO that ONE God is? Yes, they do.

Do the Scriptures tell us what the relationship of Jesus Christ is with that ONE God? Yes, they do.

In fact, all of these things are answered in ONE Scripture.

I will now give you the ONLY Scripture you will EVER need for understanding Who Jesus Christ and God the Father are and how many Gods there are, and Who composes that ONE God. Here it is:

"For even if so be that there are those being termed gods, whether in heaven or on earth, even as there are many gods and many lords, nevertheless for US there is ONE God, the FATHER, out of Whom ALL IS, and we for Him, and ONE LORD, JESUS CHRIST, through Whom all is, and we through Him" (I Cor. 8:5-6).

And the next verse says

"But NOT IN ALL is there this knowledge" (Ver. 7)

I can say "Amen" to that. Practically "not in all" Christendom is there this knowledge.

Hope this helps

Peace, G.Driggs
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 01:04:19 PM by G. Driggs »

bible man

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 01:12:49 PM »

Thanks Driggs I know there is no truth to trinity but i noticed on my radio show this scripture is usedto justify Trnity so i wanted info on the original scripture.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 01:14:00 PM by bible man »

daywalker

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 01:39:05 PM »

Hey bibleman,

If your looking for more detailed info on this added segment, it's called THE COMMA JOHANNEUM. And here's a link to Wiki regarding it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma_Johanneum

You can also google it.

Daywalker  8)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 16 queries.