bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone Else Felt like this?  (Read 10471 times)

MePogo

Has anyone Else Felt like this?
« on: August 30, 2009, 02:30:56 AM »

I turned on the TV this morning and the news was broadcast from D.C. and the funeral and mass was taking place for Sen. Kennedy (I'm on Pacific time).  As I listened to the priests, I felt lonesome and actually felt like I missed the mass.  It seemed so comfortable (dumb, because this was a funeral; not a typical service).  For a few minutes I felt almost homesick for the church.  The rich surroundings, the glorious robes, the riches at the great cost.... but it seemed so comfortable for just a minute.  It was bazaar; seductive.  It made me think of the word adultery. It seemed like a battle was taking place in my head and I found the off button on the remote very fast.  I know the truth but it was the ritual that was seductive.  It isn't the first time I felt lonesome in my journey, but the strongest pull, maybe because I know that cathedral and have worshiped there before.  It's an awesome building, built for the glory of something other than God, I know.  These people have no idea of the truth, or they choose to ignore it and spread falsehoods I know

I immediately prayed to hold fast to the truth and not be seduced.  I had moments of this "homesickness" before when I heard words from the mass or certain hymns but this was such a strong "pull" today.  Does anyone else ever feel this or is it just some crazy thought that passed through my mind?  I can never go back to Babylon but why do the memories seem so comfortable?  Why should I have any thoughts of pretending to believe in an evil lie just to take part in a ritual?

My life is in a lot of turmoil right now so maybe I'm just longing for the comfort of the "good old days" but I was quite upset by being drawn to the church.  I know I can walk into any church any time I want but I would be faking it because I know the truth.  Has anyone else out there ever felt the need for ritual like that?

Love and hugs to everyone,
Pogo

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Re: Has anyone Else Felt like this?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 02:37:03 AM »

I didn't come out of a ritualist background as we were more of the pentacostal type bent but I can see how part of you would miss it.  Religion kind of fits like an old shoe....something you feel comfortable with.  With me it's almost the exact opposite now.  I can't really even listen to 'christian' music even the hymn's or listen to one of the radio programs or peruse one of the T.V. shows.  It's all so fake and phony even though many of the people involved are sincere.  And I don't really fellowship with any of the folk that are still in their babalonian wanderings as I feel I have little in common with them any more.  Not that I feel better than they are as I'm reminded every day that by the grace of God go I yet at times it is indeed a lonely walk. 

Marlene

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 02:56:11 AM »

Hi, The part that got to me is when they talked about the funeral. They talked about him being in heaven already. That, sickened me. I am not judging . Its just the resurrection is not mentioned any more. We have to go through that.

I was not Catholic so I was never in that type of church. 

I use to be active in my church and sing. I still like songs that speak the truth. But, there are way too few.  Watching all of this made me see just how much it is all Babylon. I really, don't have the urge to go back. At first, I  found it hard and lonely.  But, I have God and all of you . The truth God has opened my eyes too is the only comfort I have right now. I like you Pogo am going through some huge things. I think we sometimes go to what use to comfort us.  But, what keeps me from going back is knowing what they teach does not bring lasting comfort. But, knowing all these things we go through are not in vain is a great comfort to me. I don't worry if I am an elect it is all up to God. But, I know there is comfort in knowing that someday every thing will be right and not wrong.

There are so many who use religion to help them handle there trials in life.  I don't judge them cause they may be sincere. But, the truth is what I want. The lies have never been a comfort to me. That, is what brought me in here. We may feel alone and it can be lonely especialy when going through trials.
But, we are never alone we have our comforter.

In His Love,
Marlene

9440geoff

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 01:46:18 PM »

Hi Pogo,

I can't say that I've ever felt the need to return to the ritual, but I do have feelings for the people that are still in Babylon.

I've just returned from a shared lunch at the house of some English friends.There were about 25 Christians, both English and French, from various churches in the area. As is normal with such gatherings we talked about God and His word, but I could feel my bottom lip getting more and more sore as I bit it harder and harder. Suddenly I heard myself shout 'NO' as someone said that we go straight to heaven when we die, and I started to explain that it is only our spirit that returns to God and that when we're dead we are dead until the resurrection. Well, the looks of disbelief I got reminded me of what has been said so many times on this forum, that our brothers and sisters in Babylon are there because God has put them there, and they will remain there until God chooses otherwise. I also realise that the only people I can truly fellowship with are the members of the BT forum.

Geoff

Astrapho

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 02:17:09 PM »

I don't know, I'm still in the Catholic church but I would want nothing more than to get away from those rituals because they don't benefit me spiritually whatsoever.

I guess the best thing to tell yourself whenever you feel like that is: "It always looks better than it really is, and anyway if I were there I would just be wasting my time." You may think you want to be back in there, but as someone still in there, I'm telling you, you don't want to be there. Especially if you know the truth.

Geoff, I totally understand how you feel. I've got Catholic ministers and teachers (All my relatives are Catholic) telling me how going to church, doing confession, going for mass as much as you can is "good for my soul", and I have to keep telling myself to shut up and just say "yah, it's good I know", and when my Pentecostal friend talked about how her pastor's wife died (When she broke the news, she sounded rather happy) she was talking about how she was being happy in heaven, and I had to bite back my words of "But she's still dead in the grave".

Sometimes, knowing the truth makes me halfway between absolutely joyous and absolutely wanting to tear all my hair out.

Linny

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 02:46:46 PM »

Pogo,
I think we humans have this need to belong to something. The church has used this need to build itself. I have thought as I get older, maybe it has to do with family and many of us didn't have that unconditional love family, I think, was set up to give us. Parents are supposed to teach us through example about the unconditional love of our Heavenly Father.
So many of us come out of broken families, disfunctional families. I had a nuclear family growing up but I had a dad who was the typical, " I love you BUT..." kind of dad. So as a teen, I had to find a group to belong to. A place where I felt loved.

Then I found Jesus in my late 20's and what a great group to belong to! Regular meetings. Fun things to do. People to love on you every week.

God pretty much separated us from a lot of things BEFORE He called us out of Babylon. He allowed our family, on both my and my husband's side to reject us and slander us. We have a very strong marriage and a very strong family now. So leaving the church didn't hurt as bad.

I say all this to tell you that I understand what you mean. But our focus has to change. We have to look to the bigger picture and realize we have been called to a different place than the world's systems. Yes, sometimes I miss it and I feel left out. But mostly I am SO thankful to be out and have this wonderful knowledge! So when it comes down to it, I wouldn't trade places for anything. I could never go back and I know you couldn't either.

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 03:27:20 PM »

NO. ??? ??? :o

george. ::) :-*

lauriellen

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 04:00:46 PM »

hello pogo,
i just had to respond and tell you that i was thinking the same thing as i watched the service....i have never been a catholic, but i, too, felt "drawn" in by the beauty and seduction of the rituals....i found myself thinking that it would be so comforting to participate in something so beautiful and "holy", ect
........and how i too feel "left out" and "all alone" out here with me, myself and I in the middle of  no where, no church to belong to, no one to sit and share a deep and meaningful conversation, face to face, about what i truely believe...
poor me, poor me, poor me............and then i was thinking, "WHAT THE HECK AM I THINKING!!!!", whited walls and dead mens bones,  and i turned the tv off............:)
lauriellen

MePogo

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 04:36:52 PM »

hello pogo,
i just had to respond and tell you that i was thinking the same thing as i watched the service....i have never been a catholic, but i, too, felt "drawn" in by the beauty and seduction of the rituals....i found myself thinking that it would be so comforting to participate in something so beautiful and "holy", ect
........and how i too feel "left out" and "all alone" out here with me, myself and I in the middle of  no where, no church to belong to, no one to sit and share a deep and meaningful conversation, face to face, about what i truely believe...
poor me, poor me, poor me............and then i was thinking, "WHAT THE HECK AM I THINKING!!!!", whited walls and dead mens bones,  and i turned the tv off............:)
lauriellen

You hit the nail on the head.  That was the exact feeling.  Beauty and seduction.... exactly what I felt.  I didn't mean that for even a second I questioned what the truth is but simply that the "feeling" of being in the middle of the Babylon scene seemed attractive and comfortable and familiar.  It was once so beautiful and now I do know that what lies beneath is deceit and ugliness and an incredible amount of wealth and power in a world that many struggle to have food or clean water.  Could it be that something more evil makes it appear attractive....like trying to tempt one to see falsehood as beauty and white robes as purity?  I know there is scripture that mentions robes and glorious fabrics and gold and saying it has nothing to do with Christ or God.  E-sword won't download onto a Mac so I'm without my necessary scripture to quote here and have no idea....but the setting, beautiful and seductive as it may appear, is definitely not scriptural.  Makes one wonder why haven't priest, pastors, teachers and the like ever read the bible....or maybe they have and they practice Christianity as a "job."  Not with responsibility and honor and true faith.  Hmmmmm.......

Thanks, everyone, for your input.

Pogo

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 04:48:15 PM »

Hi guys!
I am one big "People person" and I thought when I left the church I would be lost without all the people...nope! What I would be lost without would be the freedom to openly say that God will save all people one day! Hell isn't a place of eternal torment!! and all of the other truths learned here..the freedom to believe and say that in the church isn't there! If you think it is just ask any of us who have been ridiculed for our beliefs, or have actually been "asked" to leave or have been "disfellowshiped".  My gosh, I can hug all of you with my words everyday..I don't need to go to a church building for that!! Don't be discouraged or lonely, because God is with you and He loves you so much!! I promise He does!!  :D Being here is like being in a great big group hug!!! NO kidding!!  8) So shake off that feeling, Pogo!! jump into the hug!!!  ;D
Kathy ;) :-*

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 07:13:36 PM »

I'd already been out of church for a long time when I first believed the Gospel, so there really wasn't 'that' to miss.  There's no doubt that some parts of broad-path religion are appealing, but the longer I've gone, the less I want to have even the slightest relationship with it.

I don't know if what I feel right now is permanant, but for now I know it's necessary.  I love being free and  I'm so thankful to the Lord Jesus for continuing to make me free.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 07:16:02 PM »

Freedom...that's what I'm talking about!! :D
Kathy ;)

Terry

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 10:11:51 PM »

God called me out of the church about 10 years ago just wanderd in the desert after that until he led me here to Bible Truths, i went to my grandmas funeral back in Dec. about a week before christmas Her preacher said she would be celebrating christmas with Jesus this year and dancing on the streets of gold it was about that time i had about all i could take about made me sick to my stomach i have never had the least urge to go back i miss nothing about it nothing but thats just me.

Terry
Terry

bluzman

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 10:57:07 PM »

Terry, You are not alone brother, you are not alone.
                          Bluzman

firefly77

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 11:02:59 AM »

MePogo,
Because I never felt like I really fit and belonged to any particular church group, it was not hard leaving "Babylon" after coming to BT.

I was walking past a Baptist church last night; they are conducting a week of "revival" meetings... OH, HELP!  :P I wonder how many times the world "hell" will be used to scare people half to death so they will repent from their sins, and to convert a few heathen so they will become "paying" members of the body. I am sorry if I sound cynical. In all those years of going to church, I felt like this was the only reason they "cared" about me or new converts and tried everything to lure them into membership. Thanks, but "No, thanks!"
In the beginning, I remember feeling "guilty"; however, this only lasted for a couple of months.

I enjoy coming here... This fellowship is open and available 24/7. God is like that :), available every minute and second of the day!

Angie

chuckt

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 11:13:15 AM »

I turned on the TV this morning and the news was broadcast from D.C. and the funeral and mass was taking place for Sen. Kennedy (I'm on Pacific time).  As I listened to the priests, I felt lonesome and actually felt like I missed the mass.  It seemed so comfortable (dumb, because this was a funeral; not a typical service).  For a few minutes I felt almost homesick for the church.  The rich surroundings, the glorious robes, the riches at the great cost.... but it seemed so comfortable for just a minute.  It was bazaar; seductive.  It made me think of the word adultery. It seemed like a battle was taking place in my head and I found the off button on the remote very fast.  I know the truth but it was the ritual that was seductive.  It isn't the first time I felt lonesome in my journey, but the strongest pull, maybe because I know that cathedral and have worshiped there before.  It's an awesome building, built for the glory of something other than God, I know.  These people have no idea of the truth, or they choose to ignore it and spread falsehoods I know

I immediately prayed to hold fast to the truth and not be seduced.  I had moments of this "homesickness" before when I heard words from the mass or certain hymns but this was such a strong "pull" today.  Does anyone else ever feel this or is it just some crazy thought that passed through my mind?  I can never go back to Babylon but why do the memories seem so comfortable?  Why should I have any thoughts of pretending to believe in an evil lie just to take part in a ritual?

My life is in a lot of turmoil right now so maybe I'm just longing for the comfort of the "good old days" but I was quite upset by being drawn to the church.  I know I can walk into any church any time I want but I would be faking it because I know the truth.  Has anyone else out there ever felt the need for ritual like that?

Love and hugs to everyone,
Pogo

Greetings Pogo, long time.

YES, i know what you mean.

hang in there and God bless you.
chuckt aka euty

meee

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 02:11:15 PM »

Pogo, no I sure don't miss any of it. It's about all I can do to hear my husband go on and on, each Sunday when he comes home from the church building. I can't listen to much on the radio for music, I am always hearing the false things said in them and I have to immediately turn it off. Nope don't miss it at all. Babylon doesn't want to hear from us and I can't stand hearing from them.
 You hang on now!
         hugs and luv,meee

Phil3:10

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 02:42:10 PM »

Meee,
You aqe so very correct when you say Babylon does not want to hear from us and I do not want to hear from them. GOD is in control and I thank HIM for drawing me out of the Babylonian System.
Phil3:10

bluzman

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 02:49:34 PM »

Amen, Angie, Amen

meee

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 03:26:05 PM »

Meee,
You aqe so very correct when you say Babylon does not want to hear from us and I do not want to hear from them. GOD is in control and I thank HIM for drawing me out of the Babylonian System.Phil3:10

Yes and we second what bluzman said,Amen,Amen.
        meee
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 18 queries.