bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone Else Felt like this?  (Read 10470 times)

Terry

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Has anyone Else Felt like this?
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 04:19:48 PM »

Will a man search in a land for treasure if he knows their is no treasure there.

Terry
Terry

daywalker

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 05:56:13 PM »

Hello,

I used to play guitar and bass in the worship band at my baptist church, along with one of my close friends, who played drums, and the pastor who also played guitar. Performing in front of a crowd is a ton of fun and produces an insane adrenaline rush--that I do miss.

Other than that, I haven't missed Babylon for one second.

Christopher.  8)

Samson

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 06:06:47 PM »

Pogo,

No, I don't miss anything about Church Organizations. There are many ways and forms of seduction from many locations. For me, Church systems are not one of them, although I haven't had any significant
exposure from Catholism. I've been having enough trouble finding time studying and fellowshiping at BT, as
of late. Actually, my Wife and I are more in danger of becoming Hermits than being drawn closer to situations that involve groups of people.  ;D, like one would find a Cathedrals.

Kind Regards, Samson.

EKnight

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2009, 10:43:51 PM »

Pogo,

I am a former Catholic and I briefly watched the sermon that the priest was giving and I had the complete opposite reaction.  I was so grateful not to be a part of that hypocrisy anymore.  The things that I heard the priest say were things that gave Ted Kennedy all the glory and none to God.  It made me see why people reject the idea of NO free will because without it they MUST give all the credit to God and their egos just can't do it.  Of course this is all part of our naturally carnal being but to hear a supposed learned priest feed into it makes me thankful for having my eyes opened.

Eileen

meee

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 12:20:24 PM »

Recently I heard from a woman I used to attend the Baptist church with. She found me on Facebook and sent me a friend invite. I thought about it a bit, but decided I should accept,even  though it totally outted me. In my info in my profile I have BT listed and some others. Well, I sent her a MSG. telling her I'm happy to have her as a friend, but maybe she'll decide she doesn't want me. I proceded to tell her that my belief is very different than hers and I mentioned believing Jesus will save All, not just a few, and I told her a couple other things.  I've been waiting about 2 weeks I think, to hear back from her. Today I heard from her and she said of course she'll be my friend and she respects my right to believe as I do, but " just so you know,I'm happy with what I believe!"
        Further confirmation that Babylon wants nothing to do with hearing the Truth we have. She's happy with her belief, the Baptist religion and in other words she's telling me," I don't want you trying to sway me away from it."
        Sue had invited me to come back to the weekly Bible study that meets each Tuesday morning.  Today is Tuesday, I think I might be prayed for this morning at the study.    Baptist are the nicest folks sharing their prayer concerns and all.
hugs and love,meee
PS:I'm so thankful for all of you in the forum!

Marky Mark

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 12:31:12 PM »

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,638.0.html

Dear Diana:
God inspired John to write in Rev. 18:4, "And I heard another voice from heaven, sayhing, COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPOLE, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues."

Once God gives us the courage to come out of the Church System, and we stop committing the sins of the Church, God promises that we will not be plagued as those will be plagued who do not come out of her.

We must go through many trials, tribulations, and persecutions, as Believers, but God is for us not against us.  God's truths and mercy will encourage you walk.

God be with you,
Ray

Peace...Mark

jeetkunejimi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2009, 08:13:06 AM »

Its a bit like remenissing over an old flame, sliding doors. A psychadellic flashback of the bad old days, when you were saving the world for Jesus, (because of course, back then, you thought that his sacrifice was a feeble gesture at best without the mighty John Wesley at the helm).

There's nothing wrong with nostalgia, but we have to move on in life and accept the perfect will of God for us in our lives. (Hebrews 6:4-6).

Amen.
Join me now in my new massive money making business venture, selling asbestos blankets only on Sundays at the exits of Orthodox churches. It's really gonna take off.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.