bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: babylon bashing  (Read 11777 times)

Vangie

Re: babylon bashing
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 06:17:14 PM »

I agree with Geoff--thanks Pogo!

Roy Coates

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 10:28:08 PM »

After first reading the truths and knowing them, I was angry at anyone who was blind to them.  I enjoyed debating and arguing and quoting Ray and scripture to back my new-found knowledge.  I was obnoxious about it.  I set out to change everyone I knew.  But pride comes before the fall.  I really know more now but now look on it as a blessing given me and not something of my own doing.  I didn't earn this blessing; it was a gift.  I am called on to love all and grow and mature in Christ.  The blessing came with a price but doesn't make me better or more worthy than anyone else.  Now, I have to remind myself that there, but for the Grace of God, go I.  Wow, how my Father can smack me in the head to remind me how far I have to go.  I have such battles yet to win, so many words left to read, so much to learn.  Who am I to look down on anyone?  I'm simply blessed beyond measure to have been given the truth and to recognize it.  All credit to God.  If I were given what I deserve, I would be living in darkness, fearing hell and wishing I were never born.  Praise God!

Love to all,
Pogo
Ditto, well said Pogo

Astrapho

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 04:56:11 PM »

After first reading the truths and knowing them, I was angry at anyone who was blind to them.  I enjoyed debating and arguing and quoting Ray and scripture to back my new-found knowledge.  I was obnoxious about it.  I set out to change everyone I knew.  But pride comes before the fall.  I really know more now but now look on it as a blessing given me and not something of my own doing.  I didn't earn this blessing; it was a gift.  I am called on to love all and grow and mature in Christ.  The blessing came with a price but doesn't make me better or more worthy than anyone else.  Now, I have to remind myself that there, but for the Grace of God, go I.  Wow, how my Father can smack me in the head to remind me how far I have to go.  I have such battles yet to win, so many words left to read, so much to learn.  Who am I to look down on anyone?  I'm simply blessed beyond measure to have been given the truth and to recognize it.  All credit to God.  If I were given what I deserve, I would be living in darkness, fearing hell and wishing I were never born.  Praise God!

Love to all,
Pogo

Very well put, Pogo.

The only reason why we aren't "living in darkness, fearing hell and wishing I were never born" is because God decided to roll away our cave seals, grab us by the collar and drag us into the light. That's it, no credit to us... All is of God. And we have no reason whatsoever to gloat about "being in the light" because without God, we wouldn't even know what the light is!  ;D

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2009, 01:43:39 AM »

very well stated astropho. such maturity from a younger brother is truly enlightening.

claudia

p.s.  i too was thinking recently of the analogy between our being deep inside a dark cave, then being released from it into the light of God's truth which is almost glaringly blinding at times after being in the darkness so long, but then after our eyes are adjusted we are able to navigate through the Light. but, i loved your statement about being "grabbed by the collar".

Astrapho

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2009, 02:48:53 PM »

Quote from: cjwood
p.s.  i too was thinking recently of the analogy between our being deep inside a dark cave, then being released from it into the light of God's truth which is almost glaringly blinding at times after being in the darkness so long, but then after our eyes are adjusted we are able to navigate through the Light.

Hey, I didn't think of that, actually.  ;D

I thought about the cave thing because when we're in the darkness, we just keep groping around, we have no idea what the light is and we think it's the light. And let's say there are others in the cave who also have no idea what the light is, so sometimes you hang onto someone and think that they know where they're going (blind leading the blind), or you stare into the darkness, think that you've found some light, and keep going. Sometimes you feel a rock and you can feel its shape and everything, but you don't fully know how it looks like because you never really see it. And all the groping and confusion goes on, until God decides to come in, "grab you by the collar", drag you into the light and tell you, "This is the light!"- And the others in the darkness won't know that it's the light because God didn't tell them or drag them out. That's why, no credit to us.  ;D But the whole cave thing is just my overactive imagination, haha. :D

P.S. I'm your little sis in christ!  ;)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2009, 09:44:18 PM »

P.S. I'm your little sis in christ!  ;)

ya know, i knew that. i remember the im's we sent back and forth awhile back. please forgive my, well, my brain fart...

claudia

Phil3:10

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 03:39:35 PM »

Pogo and all,
I do thank my GOD that HE drew me into the Babylonian System for without their teachings I probably would never have desired the truths and riches of GOD. I thank HIM always that HE drew me out and my prayer and compassion is that HE will draw many more out.
HIS love never fails and HE calls us to love all. HIS will is everything we ever need to pray for as HIS will will be accomplished. There is much good being done within the Babylonian System and for that I am grateful. I do send financial gifts to honor friends in the Babylonian System but always designate them for benevolent purposes.
Thankfully, it is all of GOD.

Phil3:10

NoviceBeliever

babylon bashing-AND THEN SOME!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2009, 08:49:04 PM »

I happened to catch up with some friends late this afternoon, one of which is Jewish, but has been attending a church I have visited several times before, and has been a featured musician in the orchestra...(McLean Bible Church).  His girlfriend, my friend, relayed some information about the service today, and while second hand, I can believe it and just got me so incensed.  They are trying to spread their ministry and take over the DC/Northern VA/MD area where I live. Currently they are the largest Babylon church that I am aware of in the whole region.  During his sermon, Lon Solomon, the minister, held up a picture of Bernie Madoff, and talked to the congregation about how "charismatic" he is and that the members of this church should be striving to influence people the way that he did, at the end of the sermon, he threw in that Bernie Madoff was the one that stole from all those people. When I heard this, well I don't want to say what and how many expletives came out of my mouth.   

I have actually shared Ray's information on "Tithing" with my Jewish friend, because I felt that in speaking with him over the last few months, he was misunderstanding what it meant to believe in Jesus Christ. I know that he read the first bit of it, but didn't get the whole way through.  But it did give me an opportunity to speak with my friend and give her a few tid bits of Truth.  Maybe that was the purpose in all this, to be able to share with my friend.  I am glad it opened a little crack in the door for me to share with her, which she has been somewhat resistant too in our past conversations. NB

NoviceBeliever

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2009, 08:58:02 AM »

You know I went to bed last night still thinking about this church...and this morning, it's a brand new day!!! If GOD used that sermon to tear one person away from that church, then he is an awesome God indeed. I know that if I had been there, I would of sworn off ever setting foot again through the doors.  :o

Roy Martin

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2009, 09:17:36 PM »

Yes its a brand new day everyday that God gives us to live moving forward. We cant live yesterday and today at the same time without some conflict within ourselves.

Peace
   Roy

MePogo

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2009, 04:05:15 AM »

Thank you all for being here.  I have so little time these days but when I do have computer time, this is where I find my VBF's.  I hope you can all realize how much you all mean to me.

Love,
P.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.