bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going through some rough times  (Read 6855 times)

lilitalienboi16

Going through some rough times
« on: September 03, 2009, 01:49:02 AM »

Hey all, i'm dealing with some tough emotions as of late. I will likely continue to experience these difficult emtions until next summer! I'm hoping you guys will be able to squeeze alittle more room in that infinitely huge prayer list of yours and just ask the Lord on my behalf to give me the ability to see through the confusion of my emotions and stay strong through His spirit and that i may just keep that peace of mind that He brings.

I'm praying for the best with all this and ultimately only God knows the outcome so it's a little scary because i'm praying that God has planed what i want the outcome to be! I guess i'm scared because i don't know what He has planed and i know what i want so bad. I'm afraid i will ruin it or that He will take it away from me. I pray He doesn't.. but that's what scares me is the unknown.

My emotions get the best of me during this time of uncertainty and i want to be able to see through them and to keep the peace of mind that God's spirit brings. As selfish as this may sound.. i'm really asking you to pray that i get what i want. I know it sounds sooo selfish but don't worry, this isn't about anything materialistic or about anyone else being harmed or me winning the loto. It's something very very important to me that is worth more than money could every buy!

Thanks alot everyone and God bless. My family here is always in my prayers but i'm guilty of lumping you all into one collective prayer! SORRY

I do love you guys lots and thanks again.

In Christ,

Alex

P.S. I've never had to deal with what i'm dealing with which makes this a million times harder.

Ninny

Re: Going through some rough times
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 02:21:24 AM »

Alex,
Life doesn't get much easier from here on out..wish I could tell you it will! Our hearts want to lead us! My heart drags me in all directions. So, I will pray for you, you can count on me!! Always!! :-*
Kathy ;)

lauriellen

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 06:53:03 AM »

my heart and prayers go out to you, too!
lauriellen

Ellie

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 07:20:03 AM »

:)Hang in there Alex...Praying for you....peace.Ellie.....

9440geoff

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 11:26:38 AM »

Hi Alex,

I'm praying that our Father will give you what you want, if it be His will. You say that you are scared of the unknown, but this is what you know:

Mat 7:7  Ask and it shall be given to you; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened to you.
Mat 7:8  For each one who asks receives; and he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, it shall be opened.
Mat 7:9  Or what man is there of you, if his son asks a loaf, will he give him a stone?
Mat 7:10  Or if he asks a fish, will he give him a snake?
Mat 7:11  If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Father in Heaven give good things to those who ask Him?

Geoff

firefly77

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 11:48:55 AM »

Alex,
First a hug from me to you...
What it comes down to is trust in God, even if He should say "No!". One of the hardest things to learn in life is to live with God's refusals; however, it reveals our heart and attitude at the same time. Alex, I am very familiar with what you are going through and how you feel. I have often gotten a resounding "Yes!" for things I wanted and hoped for, only to find out later, that everything we receive also has a "price tag". I have often gotten a "No!" and the door literally slammed in my face.

Let me encourage you a little. I had "desires" that were buried so deep in my heart, I had forgotten about them and never thought to mention them in prayer. Nevertheless, God did not; He knew and out of the blue would grant them. Letting go and saying, "No matter what the outcome in this situation, I will continue to serve you!" and then mean it will provide some peace to you.
Hope this makes some sense...

I will pray for you!

Angie

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 01:27:19 PM »

Hi Alex,

I'm praying that our Father will give you what you want, if it be His will. You say that you are scared of the unknown, but this is what you know:

Mat 7:7  Ask and it shall be given to you; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened to you.
Mat 7:8  For each one who asks receives; and he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, it shall be opened.
Mat 7:9  Or what man is there of you, if his son asks a loaf, will he give him a stone?
Mat 7:10  Or if he asks a fish, will he give him a snake?
Mat 7:11  If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Father in Heaven give good things to those who ask Him?

Geoff

Geoff this brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much brother, i forgot... i've forgotten. Thank you so much. This means the world to me.

God bless,

Alex

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 01:29:27 PM »

Alex,
First a hug from me to you...
What it comes down to is trust in God, even if He should say "No!". One of the hardest things to learn in life is to live with God's refusals; however, it reveals our heart and attitude at the same time. Alex, I am very familiar with what you are going through and how you feel. I have often gotten a resounding "Yes!" for things I wanted and hoped for, only to find out later, that everything we receive also has a "price tag". I have often gotten a "No!" and the door literally slammed in my face.

Let me encourage you a little. I had "desires" that were buried so deep in my heart, I had forgotten about them and never thought to mention them in prayer. Nevertheless, God did not; He knew and out of the blue would grant them. Letting go and saying, "No matter what the outcome in this situation, I will continue to serve you!" and then mean it will provide some peace to you.
Hope this makes some sense...

I will pray for you!

Angie

Thank you Angie for the hug and thank you for sharing your experience in all of it. It does help alot to know others have experienced what i am experiencing and gone through what i have. It makes a lot of sense!

love to you sister,

Alex

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 01:31:54 PM »

Alex,
Life doesn't get much easier from here on out..wish I could tell you it will! Our hearts want to lead us! My heart drags me in all directions. So, I will pray for you, you can count on me!! Always!! :-*
Kathy ;)

Thank you Kathy, like i've said before, you've always been so kind and loving! Thank you for praying for me, i know their are alot of other people who need prayer here to! Thanks for adding me to that huge list!
I think this time though, my heart is leading me in the right direction but i'm scared still. I don't know what God has planed and it scares me sometimes.

The scriptures Geoff shared though, helped me sooo much and give me hope that the Lord is hearing my petitions and won't leave me hanging with another broken dream, a broken heart. Lord knows i've had to many of those and im so weary of them...

Luariellen and ellie, thank you both for the prayers.

God bless you all,

Alex

Marky Mark

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 03:08:24 PM »

Lord knows i've had to many of those and im so weary of them...

Psalm 34:4
4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
       he delivered me from all my fears.

Matthew 10:28
28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

2 Timothy 1:7
7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

Psalm 32:8
8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
       I will counsel you and watch over you.

Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
       and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
       and he will make your paths straight.

Psalm 18
 1 I love you, O LORD, my strength.
 2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
       my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
       He is my shield and the horn [a] of my salvation, my stronghold.
 3 I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
       and I am saved from my enemies.

Psalm 34:7
 7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him,
       and he delivers them.

Peace to you Alex...Mark

NoviceBeliever

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 03:25:44 PM »

Alex:

I know for me the "why" of many things doesn't become apparent until you are well past the situation. Sometimes its a person, a situation, a tribulation that we have to go through in order to learn an important lesson.  Everyone and everything, even if brought to you for a fleeting moment serves a purpose. When you look back on many things in your life and the many paths that you have taken, you can see that God was always there directing you to where you are now.  I have found myself praying over the last 2-3 months for something that I don't want and yet, God keeps me praying for this same thing time and again.  It hasn't been easy as I have felt myself, at first, really struggling against it. But it has become much easier, because I know that God knows the reason and the purpose behind this.  Just give over to it and let Him show you the way.

Prayer said, NB
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 04:55:34 PM by NoviceBeliever »

Marlene

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 12:43:29 AM »

Alex, I will keep you in prayer. It seems I am always telling God this is the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. I  believe God only gives us what we can stand. Just, remember he is always with us in every storm we face, We often take our eyes off of him and look at the situation.

I think it is so amazing that you were so young when you came in here and have stayed with this. I wish I knew what I know now back at your age. The pain I suffered when I was young seemed so hard. I never had any idea this would all serve a good purpose back then. We are very blessed to know this when all the rest of the world thinks the world is out of control.

In His Love,
Marlene

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 01:04:21 AM »

hi alex,
i too will pray for you. Dear Father, our younger brother alex is experiencing some emotional distress which You are very aware of. our brother has reached out to us, his spiritual family, for prayer. we need not know the specifics to know that his need is of such importance that he has revealed his heartache to us. Father, as a young man, alex was shown Your Truths and he has continued to stand in his faith, although the world has continued to bombard him with its' carnality. You have created each of us with emotions, and have also given us a Way through the storms when our emotions reach so deep within our hearts. Father, alex knows that all is according to Your will, and i pray that you will, through Your Holy Spirit confirm to him that nothing can be better for our lives than Your will, whether it is what we were praying for or not. i pray that alex will continue to look to You as His Loving Father, and to Jesus Christ as his Brother Example. i thank You Father for our alex and for the inspiration he has been to this forum family. i thank You also Father that You in Your Divine mercy, grace, and lovingkindness called out to alex at such a young tender age, as he has a great opportunity to shine the Light of Your Love to his generation. i pray Father that if possible, and of Your will, that alex's petition can be done as he desires. but Father, if not, i pray that You will continue to guide him and keep him as he journeys the path of the Narrow Gate. in the Name of Jesus Christ i pray that Your will be done. amen.

claudia

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 01:59:34 AM »

hi alex,
i too will pray for you. Dear Father, our younger brother alex is experiencing some emotional distress which You are very aware of. our brother has reached out to us, his spiritual family, for prayer. we need not know the specifics to know that his need is of such importance that he has revealed his heartache to us. Father, as a young man, alex was shown Your Truths and he has continued to stand in his faith, although the world has continued to bombard him with its' carnality. You have created each of us with emotions, and have also given us a Way through the storms when our emotions reach so deep within our hearts. Father, alex knows that all is according to Your will, and i pray that you will, through Your Holy Spirit confirm to him that nothing can be better for our lives than Your will, whether it is what we were praying for or not. i pray that alex will continue to look to You as His Loving Father, and to Jesus Christ as his Brother Example. i thank You Father for our alex and for the inspiration he has been to this forum family. i thank You also Father that You in Your Divine mercy, grace, and lovingkindness called out to alex at such a young tender age, as he has a great opportunity to shine the Light of Your Love to his generation. i pray Father that if possible, and of Your will, that alex's petition can be done as he desires. but Father, if not, i pray that You will continue to guide him and keep him as he journeys the path of the Narrow Gate. in the Name of Jesus Christ i pray that Your will be done. amen.

claudia

Thank you so much claudia, that prayers means a lot to me. Reading it helped calm my nerves down.

I did experience today a momentary sense of relief from my emotional distress but it was momentary. I could almost liken the emotional distress to a soft flame being fanned gently but fire always burns... :(

The human heart can be so fragile at times...

Dear marlene, thank you for the prayers and kind words. I too believe God only gives us what we can endure but that don't mean it don't hurt :(

And to NB; Sometimes i don't want things to be brought to me for a fleeting moment. It's not fair! Don't give me something so good and dangle it before my face only to tare it away from me. To yank it out from beneath me! It's just not fair and i don't want to feel that. Don't even bother showing me it if i can never have it. Arrr I'm trying not to fight God on this and trust Him but sadly I'm AFRAID to trust Him in this matter. I want so badly what i want. I've never had what i did get a small taste of and i have to wait a whole year before it's truly within my grasps again and i don't want this time of patience from now until than to hurt so bad or for me to have tasted what i did only for it to slip away during this long year. If i had a time machine I'd use it, I'd speed up time. Probably the only time in my life where you'll ever hear or see me say I want to get older. I want to speed this up!

And mark, thank you for the reminders of those scriptures, sadly it doesn't remove my fear or make it any easier. I know.. i'm stubborn, yes i'm very stubborn, ill be the first to admit it.

Anyway.. thanks for hearing me up, praying for me, listening to me, comforting. I appreciate it so much. All of you mean more to me than you'll ever know!

God bless you all,

Alex

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 02:01:29 AM by lilitalienboi16 »

firefly77

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2009, 11:28:59 AM »

Sometimes i don't want things to be brought to me for a fleeting moment. It's not fair! Don't give me something so good and dangle it before my face only to tare it away from me. To yank it out from beneath me! It's just not fair and i don't want to feel that. Don't even bother showing me it if i can never have it. Arrr I'm trying not to fight God on this and trust Him but sadly I'm AFRAID to trust Him in this matter. I want so badly what i want. I've never had what i did get a small taste of and i have to wait a whole year before it's truly within my grasps again and i don't want this time of patience from now until than to hurt so bad or for me to have tasted what i did only for it to slip away during this long year. If i had a time machine I'd use it, I'd speed up time. Probably the only time in my life where you'll ever hear or see me say I want to get older. I want to speed this up!

Alex,
Thank you for sharing this... I know EXACTLY how you feel; been there a few times and have been there for the last 3 years. Compared to where I was 3 years ago, I have learned patience in waiting. I have learned to keep myself occupied with a variety of things that I am very interested in; they make the "waiting" part easier. Do I like it? NO! Can I change it? NO! The comforting part now is knowing, "God is control and He can turn it around in the twinkling of an eye." I do very much know the "heartache" you are experiencing and can relate.

God bless you.
Sending you another virtual hug... (((((Alex)))))

Angie

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 10:11:12 PM »

Thank you for the hug! I could always use a few of those!
I wanted to thank everyone here, your prayers did not fall on deaf ears as i am feeling renewed, alive, stronger than ever. If you can though, keep them coming, i think im standing but fragile!
Gah its amazing though! Thank you so much everyone!

And most importantly, thank you big brother Jesus!

God bless,

Alex

Ninny

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 11:58:18 PM »

Alex..You're getting a hug from me right now and a prayer for strength..hang in there buddy!! Don't ever forget that you are loved very much by your Father God!!
love you !
Kathy ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.