bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finally told my daughter about Ray's website  (Read 3262 times)

southland

Finally told my daughter about Ray's website
« on: September 03, 2009, 09:20:52 AM »

Hi everyone I finally plucked up the courage to tell daughter about Bible truths.
She is only twelve and goes to a pentecostal church. All did was casually tell
her I don't believe God send anyone to hell.

Well I feel that is a start.

Peace to you all

Matt :)

Ninny

Re: Finally told my daughter about Ray's website
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 09:31:34 AM »

That's a good place to start! and by telling her that NO father would want to inflict pain on his children! Kids can identify with that...and how a parent disciplines his children not out of anger, but love- to teach them...it's a start, Matt.. :)
Kathy :D

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 11:52:42 AM »

That is excellent advice.  You can share with your daughter that of course you would discipline her when she does wrong for her own good and because you love her...but you would never beat her or torture her.  If a fleshy human father loves his daughter in such a way doesn't our heavenly father love in a much greater way?  It's a good tool to compare your relationship with her and your love for her and expound how God's love is so much greater.

tamaralv

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 03:01:53 PM »

Hi Matt! 
I have a 16 yr old daughter that I started sharing the Truth with when she wasn't much older than your daughter (maybe 13-14).  What I found is that she, being a child, is still very open and trusting as long as what I tell her makes sense to her. I do have to come to her level of understanding to explain some of the deeper things of the Spirit, but she asks great questions!  I am honest with her when I don't know the answer. Some questions are unbelievable for someone of her age and have me searching all over the bible and BT.com for answers.  The most important thing for a teen or preteen is proof so being able to show her Scripture and have her read for herself has helped immensly.  It's been a wonderful experience to learn and relearn the Truths of our Father together!  My daughter now understands why I wouldn't attend church with her and isn't worried anymore about my Salvation.  It's truly been a blessing.  Hope this helps!

Tammy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.