bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Condemning Homosexual Sex between Heterosexuals  (Read 4564 times)

daywalker

Condemning Homosexual Sex between Heterosexuals
« on: September 03, 2009, 01:30:54 PM »

Hello,

I was re-reading Ray's paper on Homosexuality this morning, and when I got to this following segment, I started laughing hysterically and couldn't stop for a good 5 minutes or so... I had to share it...

**FTR: I was laughing at the absurdity of the statement that Ray shares... not at homosexuals.***

http://bible-truths.com/homosex.htm

Most gay men will acknowledge that male homosexuality is mentioned in Scripture. What may be alarming to many of my readers is that while they concede that it is mentioned and talked about, they deny that it is categorically a sin. On the other hand, many argue that gay women or lesbianism are not mentioned in Scripture at all. I will briefly comment on the one main Old Testament Scripture forbidding homosexuality. Below is an excerpt from the gaychurch.org  web site regarding Lev. 18:22 & 20:13.

Professor Soards tells us:

"Old Testament experts view the regulations of Leviticus as standards of holiness, directives for the formation of community life, aimed at establishing and maintaining a people's identity in relation to God." This is because God was so determined that His people who were being formed into a new nation would not adopt the practices of the Baal worshipers in Canaan, and same-gender sex was part of Baal worship...

Even if we consider that morality was a factor in this rule, it is part of the Code, and when the Code became obsolete, as it is under Christ, that rule, as part of the Code, became obsolete. These verses in Leviticus have nothing to say to us today beyond the eternal principle of the need for purity in the worship of God. If the immorality expressed in them happens to be a principle for all time, then it will be found elsewhere in the Bible. (For heterosexuals it is found in Roman 1 which clearly condemns same-gender sex by heterosexuals. There is nothing in the Bible to support any finding about homosexuals.)" By Bruce Lowe Appendix B: Bible Passages on Same-Gender Sex (Underline emphasis is mine)

Just a couple of comments: Clearly it is admitted that same gender sex was condemned under Moses (being punishable by death), and that it was a practice of "Baal worship." And so it suggested that homosexuality was not inherently wrong, but rather it was wrong because it was practiced in the worship of Baal.

Apparently, had not the pagans used homosexuality in their worship of Baal, God would have allowed it. I think not.

It is then suggested that since homosexuality was a part of the things forbidden under the law of Moses (which they call "the Code"), but Christian Believers are not under the Code, but under Christ, therefore, "the Code became obsolete."

Well I have already commented on the absurdity of this with regarding things like bestiality, which I seriously doubt they would condone under this same "became obsolete" argument.

So what is the argument for not following the admonition of Paul regarding same gender sex in Rom. 1:26-27? Well you just read it:

(For heterosexuals it is found in Romans 1 which clearly condemns same-gender sex by heterosexuals. There is nothing in the Bible to support any finding about homosexuals.)"

Now I must admit that statement overwhelms me. Since it cannot be denied that Paul is speaking of same gender sex in Rom. 1:26-27, what are they to do? Well, they dogmatically state that Paul is not condemning homosexuality sex between homosexuals, but rather they state that Paul is CONDEMNING HOMOSEXUAL SEX BETWEEN HETEROSEXUALS! Is that not akin to suggesting that it is not wrong for alcoholics to get drunk, but rather it is wrong for NON-ALCOHOLICS to get drunk?

If you haven't read this article, you really should, it's got a ton of great Spiritual Food, regardless if you've ever struggled with this specific sin.

Welp, have a Good One!

Daywalker 8)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 01:33:45 PM by daywalker »

musicman

Re: Condemning Homosexual Sex between Heterosexuals
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 09:26:01 PM »

No, I haven't struggled with that sin.  Most of the others?  Yes.  But not that one.

But didn't god create Adam and Steve?

Or was it Madam and Eve?

daywalker

Re: Condemning Homosexual Sex between Heterosexuals
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 01:01:09 PM »

No, I haven't struggled with that sin.  Most of the others?  Yes.  But not that one.

But didn't god create Adam and Steve?

Or was it Madam and Eve?

"When our Creator God Almighty inaugurated holy matrimony, He joined together Adam and Eve, not Kevin & Steve or Alice & Marie!"

Lol ;) :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.