bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The funny side of going deaf  (Read 3954 times)

stephen

The funny side of going deaf
« on: September 03, 2009, 02:23:43 PM »

My mom has moved in with me. She is 85 and getting quite hard of hearing which not only can be frustrating, but also has it's amusing moments. As a result of the situation with my mother the following jokes caused quite a few chuckles in our family.

An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen.
The two gentlemen were talking, and one said, "Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great. I would recommend it very highly."
The other man said, "What is the name of the restaurant?"
The first man thought and thought and finally said, "What is the name of that flower you give to someone you love?
You know... The one that's red and has thorns."
"Do you mean a rose?"
"Yes, that's the one," replied the man. He then turned towards the kitchen and yelled, "Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?"

Three old guys are out walking.
First one says, "Windy, isn't it?"
Second one says, "No, it's Thursday!"
Third one says, "So am I. Let's go get a beer."

A man was telling his neighbour, "I just bought a new hearing aid. It cost me four thousand dollars, but it's state of the art. It's perfect."
"Really," answered the neighbour . "What kind is it?"
"Twelve thirty."

Morris, an 82 year-old man, went to the doctor to get a physical.
A few days later, the doctor saw Morris walking down the street with a gorgeous young woman on his arm.
A couple of days later, the doctor spoke to Morris and said, "You're really doing great, aren't you?" Morris replied, "Just doing what you said, Doc: 'Get a hot mama and be cheerful.'"
The doctor said, "I didn't say that. I said, 'You've got a heart murmur; be careful."

Ninny

Re: The funny side of going deaf
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 07:14:58 PM »

Steven you are just full of 'em, aren't you?! :D
Kathy  ;)

stephen

Re: The funny side of going deaf
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 12:16:41 AM »

Steven you are just full of 'em, aren't you?! :D
Kathy  ;)

I just follow the handbook for living Kathy;

Pro 15:13  A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of heart the spirit is broken.
Pro 17:22  A merry heart is a good medicine: but a broken spirit drieth up the bones.
Pro 16:20  He that giveth heed unto the word shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he.
Pro 15:15  All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a cheerful heart hath a continual feast.
Psa 144:15  Happy is the people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is the people, whose God is the LORD.
Psa 146:5  Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:

I'm sure you do the same. The best thing is - IT WORKS!

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 12:20:04 AM by stephen »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.