bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: holy moly  (Read 5894 times)

eutychus

buddyjc

holy moly
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 01:18:29 PM »

Hmm...I wonder why they call them mammatus clouds?

Andy_MI

holy moly
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 01:23:51 PM »

Mammatus
Mammatus (also known as mamma or mammatocumulus) is a meteorological term given to a cellular pattern of pouches hanging underneath the base of a cloud. The pouches, typically measuring about half a kilometer in diameter, are often ragged, but may appear smooth. Their color is normally a bluish gray, the same as that of the host cloud, but direct illumination from the setting sun and other clouds may cause a gold or reddish cast. Mammatus may last anywhere from minutes to hours, diffusing and disappearing with time.
The mechanism of their production is not well-known and has been poorly studied. The presence of very dry air beneath the cloud base is known to be a factor.

Mammatus has often been linked with the occurrence of tornadoes, particularly during the 1950s and 1960s. Though tornadic storms often do produce mammatus under their downwind anvil, many weak storms and even stratiform clouds produce mammatus.

I seen some clouds like that here in west Michigan a year ago last fall. It was the first time I had ever seen such a strange sight in the sky. I haven't seen anything like it since.

Andy

eutychus

holy moly
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 01:28:15 PM »

ive only caught them on film once.

they are amazing.

i love anything to do with clouds.

Job 35:5 Look unto the heavens, and see; and behold the clouds [which] are higher than thou.

Job 36:29 Also can [any] understand the spreadings of the clouds, [or] the noise of his tabernacle?

Job 38:37 Who can number the clouds in wisdom? or who can stay the bottles of heaven,

Psa 104:3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:

Sorin

holy moly
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 03:35:01 PM »

:shock:

That can't be real, can it? Amazing! Thanks for the link.

eutychus

holy moly
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 03:48:11 PM »

there are alot more galleries at that site of tornadoes and stuff.

they are real.

shibboleth

holy moly
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 04:22:33 PM »

Wow I wouldn't want those clouds hanging over my head! I have never seen clouds like that before and I would love to see them once. I have seen the Northern lights a few times. But they can be elusive too. At least in southern Alaska. God keeps outdoing Himself with all the beauty and wonder he shows us.

gmik

Holy Moly
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 07:14:00 PM »

Holy Moly is right!! How awesome!  I want to believe those are untouched but in this day and age you have to wonder.  I mean I really saw a picture of a huge, huge alligator swimming thru Bourbon Street.  Turned out it was a crocodile from the Nile and they just do what they do to trick us.

You say its true euty so I believe!!! :lol:

love_magnified

holy moly
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 07:45:55 PM »

That is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for sharing it. God's creation is so beautiful.

ertsky

holy moly
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 07:59:36 PM »

great pics

and great verses to accompany them

you're on fire euty :D

f

eutychus

Re: Holy Moly
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 09:04:30 AM »

Quote from: gmik
Holy Moly is right!! How awesome!  I want to believe those are untouched but in this day and age you have to wonder.  I mean I really saw a picture of a huge, huge alligator swimming thru Bourbon Street.  Turned out it was a crocodile from the Nile and they just do what they do to trick us.

You say its true euty so I believe!!! :lol:

im sure he used a zoom lens on some.
but i have seen these type of clouds before, truley awsome work of GOD.

peace
chuckt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.