bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you ready for some football  (Read 17237 times)

musicman

Re: Are you ready for some football
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 11:51:12 AM »

WOOOHOOOOO!   Go Blue!  UofM beat Notre Dame! We're baaaaaaaack :D

UM didn't play Notre Dame.  They did rock against Oklahoma though.  And I agree, UM is back. . . . .Oh, you mean the other UM.  Sorry, old news.  Believe me, I know the passion up there and I usually pull for Michigan.  But I won't bother to ask what happened to them.

As for my U, I am going to watch them tonight  against FAMU at the stadium.  Unfortuanately, excuse me, fortunately FAMU will destroy the U. . . . . . . . .during half time.

darren

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 05:18:50 PM »

I listen to that audio Sun. night and the Saints just beat the jets. The jets offence shut down Drew Brees but our defence ran a 99yd TD interception and one other DF TD  i forgot what it was. I kept wondering what Ray meant by that. Does anybody know what other sport can score points of defence?

Darren

musicman

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 02:50:13 AM »

Wrestling!!

darren

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 03:13:17 PM »

Musicman I knew if anyone would comme up with an ansewer, you would. Listen I have a question for you that only you could ansewer in you humorous way. it has nothing to do with football.

Why did God create Adam then Eve? If God says several times that it is not good for man to be alone, why not create them both at the same time?? Did He not create male and female animals, birds etc,etc,etc.

Darren

kenny

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2009, 10:49:02 AM »

GO WEC

kenny

gmik

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 11:20:47 AM »

Musicman-Darren has thrown down a challenge....inquiring minds want to know!

(Univ. of Michigan may have technically lost Saturday's game, but I am so pleased compared to last year!  Um   the  Lions???  never mind)

musicman

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2009, 07:30:11 PM »

Musicman-Darren has thrown down a challenge....inquiring minds want to know!

(Univ. of Michigan may have technically lost Saturday's game, but I am so pleased compared to last year!  Um   the  Lions???  never mind)

Oh, I answered the challenge.  But a mysterious black hole emerged and sucked it away into cyberspace.

musicman

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2009, 07:31:56 PM »

J

E

T

S

Made our new savior at quarterback look like Dan Marino.  Just ask their coach.

Ninny

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2009, 10:45:46 PM »

Gena..as far as the Challenge from Darren to Musicman??
Believe me you DON'T want to know.. some mysteries are best left unsolved!!
I've seen this and honestly...the black hole that sucked it into cyberspace probably self-destructed... :o
Just enjoy the football!!! ha!! ;D
Kathy ;)

gmik

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2009, 09:56:20 PM »

Oh yeaaaaa.....I remember that entire "episode"... ;D ;D

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2009, 02:44:58 AM »

Why create Adam first?

Fair question Darren,

Let's consider what God had in mind when HE began to create.
To raise up a family that would be under the direction of God's favorite son Jesus.

So, since Jesus was to be the perfect example to replace the imperfect prototype [so to speak] and bring many sons to glory and since Jesus was a male and embodied the characteristics of leadership of the perfect male, it stands to reason that the prototype, Adam had to be similar.

It helps to keep in mind that the male and the female are perfectly suited for their purpose.  Both are of equal value in the team goal, but one had to be the leader and be responsible for the results of the team activities. 
[democracy doesn't work when there are only two each having personal opinions in a partnership.  Eventually one or the other has to break a tie vote when an impasse occurs] 
So, in my view, God appointed this responsibility to Adam along with all the attributes necessary for a successful result IF they obeyed God or even if they strayed part of the time.  It generally works for the best if true love is expressed.

So, for all the reasons we can put together for why women need certain helps in their long lives of reproduction and child care, God made the man to have certain strengths and authority that would allow the team to succeed.

Since it was determined that the man would lead, God then made Adam first. In that way God established Adam as the leader in Eve's mind in case Eve later questioned the arrangement.  And then God gave Eve a desire for her husband, an instinct so to speak, that drew her back to him even when his leadership was imperfect.  In that manner and in other examples we may think of, God shows us through observation of our nature what our roles should properly be.

I suppose we could wonder in a similar manner why the savior had to be a male.  Are we going to envy Jesus his preeminence, because God chose to have only ONE Lord with ALL power in heaven and in earth?  [at least until the next age]

Also, this arrangement with males having a leadership position in relationship to the average female may be only temporary.  The time is coming when we will be spirit and our distinctions may no longer be according to sex, intellect, age etc., but according to how God is using us and how we are serving.

Just my view and hopefully in accord with scripture.
bob

Musicman I knew if anyone would comme up with an ansewer, you would. Listen I have a question for you that only you could ansewer in you humorous way. it has nothing to do with football.

Why did God create Adam then Eve? If God says several times that it is not good for man to be alone, why not create them both at the same time?? Did He not create male and female animals, birds etc,etc,etc.

Darren

darren

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2009, 06:44:40 AM »

To tell the truth Bob I never gave my question that much thought. This is why I put my post in the off topic discussion. This really was not a serious thought and I thought it would be a great question for someone with a special personality, (ie) musicman. lets keep it light. But on a side note Bob your post was very thoughfull and informative. Now lets get back to some NFL action. Who's a giants fan?? Saints against the Giants. This will be a great game. Two unbeaten teams going head up.

Darren
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 06:50:40 AM by darren »

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2009, 12:23:14 AM »

those saints rocked dude!  their qb is from a high school here in austin. he's always been good at his sport.  plus, you just gotta cheer for a team that went through so much defeat during katrina, but have stood strong and excelled.  here's to their excelling continuing.

claudia

ps.  look forward to meeting you in mobile darren.

EKnight

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2009, 11:14:37 PM »

My sister wrote this in regard to women and football.

http://www.helium.com/items/521692-a-womans-guide-to-enjoying-football

Eileen

Ninny

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2009, 12:20:49 AM »

Hey that's good Eileen!!  When I want to know something about football I usually ask someone who really loves their team! Then I get all the good info! My 12 year old grandson loves to tell me about football.. shhhh...Don't tell Musicman, but my grandson is an AL Crimson Tide fan and he likes.....Nick Saban!!!  :o eeeekkk!!! Former head coach of the Miami Dolphins....eeewwww, I am in trouble for even mentioning that name!!! heeheehee!! Just do not tell Musicman that I said that name and the Miami Dolphins in the same breath!!!  :-X He'll turn into a werewolf!!! (Not Nick Saban, Musicman!!!)    :o  heehee!.. Now where did I put those silver bullets??  :D
Kathy ;)

darren

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2009, 05:36:08 AM »

Thanks Claudia, I agree. This city needs to cheer. For the last 6 weeks people been having a spring in their steps. The Saints wins sure make Monday mornings feel good. One can feel it throughout the whole city. IT'S A TRIP!! Yes I can't wait to meet you and the rest of the family.

Darren

PS FYI people down here don't care for Nick saban. They feel like He abandoned LSU and down here LSU is a very big deal.                                                   

Ninny

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2009, 09:31:22 AM »

Hey Darren,
I know that, too...Nick Saban will get canned at Alabama as soon as they lose to Auburn!! yeowch! I read where he was one of the highest paid college coaches at one time..over an 8 year period he earned 32 million!! Puuuleeeesse!! Geez, 4 million a year..aww poor little guy how did he survive??? Lets see over a lifetime most of us poor schmucks only dream of earning even a small FRACTION of that (a VERY small fraction!!)...how rude!! :P oh well...life goes on!
Kathy ;)

musicman

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2009, 07:07:00 PM »

I will say this about Nick Saban.  He appears to be quite athletic.  I was looking in on the Tide's game the other night, and it has come to my attention that Saban has been doing a constant hand stand since becoming the Dolphin's coach 5 years ago.  That's right.  It is now obvious that it isn't his face that we are looking at.  That, my friends, is Nick's butt.  For every a'ite and every time he belittles a media person, and every single lie, (ex. "I am not going to be coach at Alabama", one month before taking the job), surely we all know by now:

This man talks out of his arse!!

Ninny

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2009, 09:01:40 PM »

Musicman..first time I have laughed today!! YOU so funny!!  :D
You're very observant, too! not everyone would have noticed that he was upside down and talking through his.....well you know!!!
 ;) Kathy ;)

darren

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2009, 04:20:40 AM »

Musicman: U THE MAN!! U my friend do not disappoint. I know exactly where to go when I need a laugh. You have a gift that keeps on giving. It's been a tough day. Thanks.

Darren

PS are U going to the conference??
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.