bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Prayer of Christ FOR YOU  (Read 4001 times)

mharrell08

The Prayer of Christ FOR YOU
« on: September 05, 2009, 11:12:37 AM »

(I read a passage of scripture this morning, and thought of this section of the forum)

Many members have humbled themselves and opened their personal lives to us seeking prayer and spiritual strength in their time of need. This is simply a reminder that the ULTIMATE PRAYER REQUEST has been made for YOU and it will be answered...enjoy!

John 17

1  These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

2  As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

5  And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

6  I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

7  Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

8  For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

10  And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

11  And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

12  While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

13  And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

14  I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15  I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

16  They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

17  Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18  As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19  And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20  Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21  That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22  And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23  I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24  Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

25  O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

26  And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

And remember, '...the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much' [Jam 5:16] as well as 'The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life...' [Prov 10:11]

Keep the faith,

Marques

Marky Mark

Re: The Prayer of Christ FOR YOU
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 12:02:30 PM »

Hey Marques,thanks for the Scripture :).

Sure is nice to know that Our Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ has our backs covered and that we can rely on God for all of our Spiritual needs.His will,will be done. Amen to that ;).

Peace...Mark

Linny

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 02:10:22 PM »

Thanks so much for that Marques. A much needed Word for me today!  :)

Blessings, Lin

lauriellen

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 08:30:47 PM »

hey everyone,
just had to respond to this one....it just brought tears to my eyes while reading it.....seems like the closer that God drags you in, that the "gates of hell" (sorry Ray--just a figure of speech. ;)) open against you and you just get pounded from all directions....it sure helps to know (and be reminded) that our older brother is pulling and praying for us to suceed.....i guess i am just a whiner and a pansey, but i am sure war weary....but God keeps dragging me on, despite my weakness, and for this i am so greatful......
lauriellen

Marlene

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 10:31:07 PM »

Wow, I am like Lauriellen. Marques, this brought tears to my eyes,also.  God led you to post this Marques. It is so awesome to read those scriptures and to be reminded that we are not alone. That Jesus suffered like us and more.

I am like you Lauriellen . The more God drags me the more trials I face. Sometimes, I wonder how I am dealing with one day.  But, I know God is with me every step of the way.  I have been enduring things that with my own health issues I was certain I could not have dealt with.  I have the sweet with the bitter. It seems the bitter out weighs the sweet.  I have not been able to read the Bible or study as much. But, I do know the meaning of pray unceasingly now. I still think of all of you and keep you in prayers even if I just tell him how much I love and need all of you on the forum. I also, ask him to watch over all of you. I am use to trials. But, since coming in here they are really speeding up. We don't know what trials we may endure, but we do know we have an awesome Brother who never lets us down.

That, is such a sweet spirit that God has given you Marques.

I have come to see that, when we see the trials of others it really speaks to our spirit. God uses our trials for many good purposes someday it will all be sweet.

In His Love,
Marlene

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 03:56:49 AM »

20  Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word[/b];

how awesome and uplifting to see these words which our Brother and Savior, Jesus Christ prayed for US. i never really thought about the fact that Jesus Christ prayed for us. i mean, i have read many times about when He would go up to a mountain to get away from the masses to pray to His Father, but, to realize that he actually prayed for those of us who would believe in 2009, is so very humbling. thank you marques for following the Spirit's guidance as you were brought to post these scriptures today.

in His Name,
claudia

lauriellen

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 02:59:28 PM »

Marlene,
God has molded you into such a tender and sweet person through your trials...
(i know this from the spirit of all of your beautiful posts)....
i know this doesn't help much when we are in the middle of the fire, but when
you get to the point were you can "turn and look back", you will see Gods hand
in all.........i think that only someone like you who truely has lived the horrible effects of sin and had your heart tempered in the fire will be qualified to "judge the world" with the mercy that God desires.
love ya,
lauri
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.