bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did I just have a divine intervention??  (Read 6394 times)

darren

Did I just have a divine intervention??
« on: September 09, 2009, 03:40:59 AM »

You guys ain't gonna believe what JUST happen to me. Is it possible that I just had a divine intervention? You guys make the call. Not more than 15min ago I was on the computer on a site that I should not have been on. I'd rather not say what site. Anyway I was into about a min. then my internet stop it shut down and it came back up about 15 sec. later and The site that came up was L. Ray Smith those who contradict. I am still in shock. I don't have this site nowhere on my computer. No icon on my desktop or not in my favorits. No where. This was the first time I used goggle since I had my computer. I don't have any explanation. Why or how did this sudden switch happen? What could have caused this. I know all about pop ups and stuff like that. This was unreal. The way Ray's site, those who contradict just came out of nowhere. I'm flabbergasted. I can't describe what I am feeling. trust me when I say the site I was looking at had nothing to do with God,religion or anything holy. When I came across BT I was looking at other related sites and I was lead in that direction. What Just happen to me?? I was on one site, internet shut down, comes back up on THOSE WHO CONTRADICT. OH MY GOD!! I am freaked out.

Darren 

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Did I just have a divine intervention??
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 04:25:13 AM »

our God and Father works in mysterious ways dear darren. could be, He wanted to show you what you needed to see rather than what your carnal man wanted to see. (i.e., He is showing you what needs to be burned out of you with His spiritual fire). you are His child, and He is a jealous God, so, nothing surprises me as to what He will do for His children when He sees that we are "worshiping" other gods. not saying that you were worshiping whatever site you were on, but, if it was a site that is totally contradictory of anything holy (of God), could be He desired to show you His jealousy. perhaps it was His way of saying "listen up darren".

claudia

Marky Mark

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 11:30:08 AM »

Not more than 15min ago I was on the computer on a site that I should not have been on. I'd rather not say what site.

Hello Darren.

Our loving Father can and do what He pleases.So no, something like this does not surprise me in the least.There have been many times in my life that Gods will was being done in my life[no surprises there ;)]. All is good when we are in the Fathers hands.

Philippians 4:8
8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Titus 2:11-14
11For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. 12It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

1 Corinthians 15:58
58Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Peace...Mark

Roy Martin

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 12:33:53 PM »

Darren, man if what happened makes you feel good, and it feels right to you, and your excited about it as I can tell that you are, then it is what you think it is. Give thanks to God and enjoy it as long as you can.
 Sometimes these thing are far in between, but when they happen it sure feels good to say the least.
Have a great day. You have already been blessed so how could it be anything less?

Peace
    Roy

darren

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 01:06:16 PM »

I hear ya Roy: I need to believe this was some sort of sign. The way my situation has been and is going something needs to change. I tell you what blows my mind. When I first joined BT I wrote a post How I felt like a hypocrite. This was over a yr. Lately I felt as if I  have been drifting away form certain things. I am not feeding my spiritual needs. I feel like a hypocrite. Then Ray's Those Who Contradict came up and I think the next thing I saw was his paper, YOU fools you hypocrite. OK. Ia gotta go start my day. Let's see what happens.

Darren

9440geoff

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 03:15:15 PM »

Hi Darren,

It's so powerful when God speaks to us like He did to you, today.

Gal 5:16  This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17  For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

I often feel like a hypocrite too, Darren. We are all carnal, and that's why Paul reminds us many times in his letters to "Walk in the Spirit".
It's the only way to beat the flesh.

Geoff

EKnight

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 10:31:25 PM »

Darren,

I do believe God is in control and since all good things come from God, there is no doubt He was "redirecting" you.  Now Darren heed God's message and give thanks and praise.

Your Friend,

Eileen

darren

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 11:55:18 PM »

Eileen: It's nice to see you. I agree with you. I believe someone up there spoke to me. It was just too weird, as Ray would say (bazaar) the way this happen. what would have caused my internet to shut down and come back up on that particular site out of the blue?? I'm, still reeling from this. I will take heed (as you said). This is not the first time something of this nature has happen to me. This is just a trip.

Darren

MePogo

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 12:16:31 AM »

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, maybe it just is a duck.  I don't believe in coincidence but do believe our Father is in control of all.  The "coincidence" that first brought me to Bible-Truths was so perfect and well timed that I could never believe it was just lucky happenstance.  Someone bigger than any of us is in charge, thanks be to God.  Timing is everything and guess who is in control of it!

Blessings,
Pogo

cjwood

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 02:49:55 AM »

Titus 2:11-14
11For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. 12It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

awesome scripture mark. just awesome. what translation were you quoting it from?  no doubt our Father used you to post the scripture for me to read, as it was EXACTLY what i needed to hear.

claudia

Marky Mark

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 11:11:12 AM »

what translation were you quoting it from?

Hello Claudia :), That was from the New International Version,which I tend to like .

Peace...Mark

cjwood

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 06:06:52 PM »

thanks mark. i have that one too, but sometimes forget to use it along with my other translations. time to pull it out and put it on the table too.

claudia

Roy Coates

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 10:33:51 PM »

Everything we do or what happens to us and around us is Divine intervention. Somethings are just more noticeable, IMHO. Praise God for your miracle. I love hearing about such things

musicman

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 11:40:26 PM »

Look, the same thing happened to me.  I was on this web page called ************, and my net shut down and came back on . . . . . .but with Ray Uncomfort and Kirk the Cameraman asking some dude if he ever had lust, subsequently making him deserving of eternal hell fire.

In all seriousness (aaaahhh, come on guys leave it up.  It was funny) this is an amazing sign.  I will admit that I've heard of many such mirracles but they usually involve some idiotic unscriptural revelation or something.  But perhaps this can also happen to remind someone of truth.  
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 11:41:37 AM by Kat »

aqrinc

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 03:22:24 AM »

Based on all the Scripture below, Why would we need a devine intervention from GOD or our Lord Jesus Christ. Since everything exist in Christ, and He In GOD, our FATHER; what need is there for any devine intervention. He Jesus Is always there, in complete control; or maybe there is Scripture that Says Jesus Is Not in Complete control, thus He has to intervene when things are not working out?.

We need to stay with Scripture rather than nice nice feelings, which are just carnal; thus fickle and non Scriptural.

Joh 5:19 (KJV)
Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Joh 5:30 (KJV)
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Joh 15:5 (KJV)
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Col 1: 15-20 (GNB)
15  Christ is the visible likeness of the invisible God. He is the first-born Son, superior to all created things.
16  For through him God created everything in heaven and on earth, the seen and the unseen things, including spiritual powers, lords, rulers, and authorities. God created the whole universe through him and for him.

17  Christ existed before all things, and in union with him all things have their proper place.
18  He is the head of his body, the church; he is the source of the body's life. He is the first-born Son, who was raised from death, in order that he alone might have the first place in all things.

19  For it was by God's own decision that the Son has in himself the full nature of God.
20  Through the Son, then, God decided to bring the whole universe back to himself. God made peace through his Son's blood on the cross and so brought back to himself all things, both on earth and in heaven.

Excerpt from: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3720.msg27960.html#msg27960

WHAT IS "THE FATHER'S WILL?"

So there was a time, before everything was out of God, when there was just God.  That is a hard concept... take away people, take away the earth, the stars, the planets, the solar system, the galaxies, and the whole universe, take it all away and what do you have?  If you take away the creation, what is left?  Would it be dark or light?  You have to pay attention to the words.  Take away the creation of the universe and you’re not left with blackness of outer space.  I’m just going to read it to you.

Isa 45:5  I am Jehovah, and there is none else; besides me there is no God. I will gird thee, though thou hast not known me;
v. 6  that they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none besides me: I am Jehovah, and there is none else.
v. 7  I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.

WHAT IS "THE FATHER'S WILL?"
So if we do away with the created universe, what do you have? You have God and light.  He created the darkness.  But I had someone say to me, cold is the absence of heat, and darkness is the absence of light, it’s not something, it’s the absence of something.  I say, I know that sounds very scientific, but God’s thoughts are not your thoughts, neither His ways our ways, and God created darkness.  Except that there be, this envelope of darkness that shrouds us from God, it would be light all the time, everywhere.  There is no darkness with God.  Only in His creation did He create darkness.

So don’t think before God created the universe, He was drifting around in outer space, with nothing to sit on, nowhere to go and nothing to do.  It doesn’t even say that there was nothing.  It doesn’t say in the beginning there was nothing and God made something.  It says in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth, but God doesn’t live in things that are created.  He doesn’t need that for habitation, because He existed before He created those things.  Now He resides in heaven, the heavens being (among other things) us.  Our spirituality is of heaven and He dwells in man.  Don’t you know your body is a holy temple of God.  There are multiple heavens.

Back to verse 5.  How can there be no other God besides Jehovah?  He is Yahweh and Elohim is part of Yahweh.  So He says I am the Lord and there is no God besides Me.
Now when it says, in the beginning God (Elohim) created the heavens and the earth, it’s a plural.  That’s why God said let US be making man in OUR image.  How can one person say Us and Our?  It’s because God is from the Hebrew word Elohim and it’s plural.  Jehovah is part of that plurality.  He is part of the Us, so really there is no Us.  But whoever God represents, is Us.

george :)

daywalker

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 04:17:34 AM »

Look, the same thing happened to me.  I was on this web page called www.ginormoushooterswithwhippedcream.com, and my net shut down and came back on . . . . . .but with Ray Uncomfort and Kirk the Cameraman asking some dude if he ever had lust, subsequently making him deserving of eternal hell fire.

In all seriousness (aaaahhh, come on guys leave it up.  It was funny) this is an amazing sign.  I will admit that I've heard of many such mirracles but they usually involve some idiotic unscriptural revelation or something.  But perhaps this can also happen to remind someone of truth.   

Aw, dangit, musicman... that's not even a real website.. whatta tease!  hahaha  :D ;)

Astrapho

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 04:44:49 PM »

Well, I was on this site (Edit: aww man link got removed LOL) and it was so horrible, I wanted to get away from it so badly I typed in "hell" in google and clicked on the first link, and that's how I found BT!

-cough-lies-lol-cough-

Agreed with "if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and walks like a duck, the it probably is a duck".

Ecc 3:1  To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 01:24:32 PM by Astrapho »

NoviceBeliever

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 04:55:48 PM »

HELP!!!! It wouldn't stop!  Please make it stop!!!!!!! How do I get out of this thing?!?!?!?!?!?!? >:(

cjwood

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2009, 01:46:34 AM »

oy,
i was wondering how many would be "tempted" to try musicman's link   :o, but was hoping desperately that our mods were "on the job"  8).

claudia

musicman

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2009, 04:02:03 PM »

Look, the same thing happened to me.  I was on this web page called ************,   

Oh I'm sorry, it was called www.wetchicksonadrybeach.com.  Just click on the link called college hotties, no towels aloud.  I mean don't click on it because you'll see Kirk's mug again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 19 queries.