bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A question regarding prayer  (Read 5498 times)

youthfortruth

A question regarding prayer
« on: September 13, 2009, 01:20:42 PM »

Hello, Everyone!

It's been a good while since I've posted. I hope everyone has been keeping well and enjoying what's left of the summer  :). Anyhow, this may seem like an odd and/or ignorant question but I'm very curious as to how people answer it.

How can one differentiate between answered prayer and mere coincidence?

Now I've never been much of a proponent of coincidence for I know God is always in control. Yet a lot of the time I find myself attributing positive things to coincidence and solely coincidence. Is there even such a thing as true coincidence? 

Are there any scriptures that allude to this sort of thing?

Thank you all for reading!

-Andrew   

Astrapho

Re: A question regarding prayer
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 01:29:45 PM »

Ecc 3:1  To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

'Nuff said.  ;D

Edit: Btw, hi (or welcome back) Andrew!! Good to meet you. :D

And no, while I don't really have (better worded as, can't find because I need to buck up on my scripture reading) a second witness, I don't believe in coincidence at all. Not even the little ones. If you think about all the coincidences you've had in your life, which may number in the hundreds of thousands, it's hard to believe all were merely by chance... At least for me. :D

Edit 2: Just been reading through Ray's 2nd letter to Hagee (it's awesome!) , and I found this!

Rom 8:26 Now, similarly, the spirit also is aiding our infirmity, for what we should be praying for, to accord with what must be, we are not aware, but the spirit itself is pleading for us with inarticulate groanings.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 02:14:06 PM by Astrapho »

9440geoff

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 02:16:22 PM »

Hi Andrew,

Rom 8:28 "Now we are aware that God is working all together for the good of those who are loving God, who are called according to the purpose"

Geoff

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 02:20:29 PM »

Wow! Geoff!! You took my scripture!! haha!!! sweet!  :D
and Andrew..God never does anything for nothing!! There is a divine reason and purpose for everything..we may not know it, but when God is in control...He REALLY IS!! :D
Kathy ;)

Marky Mark

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 03:42:17 PM »

Wow! Geoff!! You took my scripture!! haha!!! sweet!  :D
and Andrew..God never does anything for nothing!! There is a divine reason and purpose for everything..we may not know it, but when God is in control...He REALLY IS!! :D
Kathy ;)

Kathy,your right.Our God has a plan and purpose of which the world can not,and will not,understand. But only for the time being.    All Praise and Glory to The Most High.

Romans 8:30 and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

Romans 8:32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

Romans 11:29 for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

Galatians 1:15 But when God, who had set me apart even from my mother's womb and called me through His grace, was pleased

Ephesians 1:11 also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will,

Hebrews 9:15 For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

1 Peter 2:9 But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

1 Peter 3:9 not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing.

Peace...Mark

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 03:24:39 AM »

andrew,
if you read in wikipedia, the interpretation of coincidence is "a coincidence lacks a definite causal connection". and the 1st definition of coincidence in my webster dictionary is "accidental and striking parallel or affinity". even the very nature of the word "coincidence" carries with it the idea of it being without a cause. and, if you truly believe that our God and Father IS SOVEREIGN, you will come to understand for a truth that WITH GOD, there IS NO COINCIDENCE.

love in Christ,
claudia

« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 03:26:50 AM by cjwood »

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 11:19:25 PM »

Coincidence I think not, as there is a time and a purpose to everything that happens.

Ecc. 3:1 ( read through to verse 8 )
To every [thing there is] a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

God works everything according to his will.

Eph. 1:11
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

There is nothing left to chance!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 11:34:04 PM by Fester »
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.