bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to know God's will for me?  (Read 7659 times)

tebza4jesus

Is it possible to know God's will for me?
« on: September 15, 2009, 02:17:56 PM »

Good day to all! It's been a long time. I just want to make this as short as possible.

I want to do God's will (honestly). I really do. Is there a way for me to know what God has planned for me, say for example tomorrow, so that I can follow that exactly? Is it possible that I can go to bed tonight knowing where God wants me to go, do, say, eat, drink,etc, so that I can go, do, say, eat, drink, etc, exactly that?

I hope this makes sense!

Regards,
Tebza

Amrhrasach

Re: Is it possible to know God's will for me?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 02:36:25 PM »

Good day to all! It's been a long time. I just want to make this as short as possible.

I want to do God's will (honestly). I really do. Is there a way for me to know what God has planned for me, say for example tomorrow, so that I can follow that exactly? Is it possible that I can go to bed tonight knowing where God wants me to go, do, say, eat, drink,etc, so that I can go, do, say, eat, drink, etc, exactly that?

I hope this makes sense!

Regards,
Tebza

So would I.   I wondered about such things myself until I read this from Ray:

"All these things take a lifetime.  We’re going to live "the seals."  A third part of the man died... that’s a third part of the man in us that is going to die, a third part of the carnality.  God works in increments, He wipes out some of the trees and then He burns some of the grass… what is the trees and the grass?  These are all things in us. We have islands, and mountains, and trees, and grass. All of these are belief systems and ideas and doctrines and philosophies of life and all these things. And they are all going to be burned out and broken down and destroyed. All of those seven seals, seven trumpets, seven plagues, they are all things that must happen in our lives.

You say, 'Well I don’t remember any trees being burned down.'  First of all, you won’t even know some of it is happening until it’s over.  Some of you will remember, I have this in my Lake of Fire Series: “And I was in the spirit on the Lord’s Day and I heard a voice BEHIND me as the voice of a trumpet and I turned to see the voice that spoke to me and being turned I saw…”  You won’t see some of these things until they are behind you.  You’re going to have to look behind you to see where you came from, to see where God has been taking you.  Some of us wouldn’t want to live tomorrow if we knew what was coming, you know.  Be thankful that you don’t know everything that’s coming.  Be thankful that you only have to take one day at a time.  You don’t want to know what every day has to hold.  Take it one day at a time as God presents it to you."

Read more here:  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3849.0.html

Gary

Marky Mark

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 02:45:50 PM »

;)
Php 4:8  Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is fair, whatever is pure, whatever is acceptable, whatever is commendable, if there is anything of excellence and if there is anything praiseworthy-keep thinking about these things.

Php 4:9  Likewise, keep practicing these things: what you have learned, received, heard, and seen in me. Then the God of peace will be with you.

Mark

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 03:13:29 PM »

Just a heads up, their exists a difference between Gods stated will and His intended plan to achieve His will.

God's will is all over the bible, how He goes about to achieve this is known as His plan, and paul asks, who can resist His plan? No one...

We all know what God ultimately wills for us and this will be accomplished so rest assured, however how He plans to get us all there is what's a little trickier to understand ;)

Hope that helps.

Love in Christ,

Alex

tebza4jesus

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 03:55:34 PM »

Gary, Mark, Alex, thank you, guys for your timeous replies.

[/quote] Some of us wouldn’t want to live tomorrow if we knew what was coming, you know.  Be thankful that you don’t know everything that’s coming.  Be thankful that you only have to take one day at a time.  You don’t want to know what every day has to hold.  Take it one day at a time as God presents it to you."[/color]

[/quote]

Gary, if the above quote is 100% correct, then I guess I should be grateful that I don't know much about tomorrow. It is just that I long to fulfil God's perfect plan and will for me. Like Alex said, there's God stated will and plan. I have no doubt He will accomplish all that He sets about doing, it is just that one will wish/desire/hope that one will know this plan of how He is going to accomplish his desires so that one could follow it willingly and consciously, instead of stumbling upon it.

But any way, I will read the link you gave me and pray that God brings me the peace I seek.

Thank once again,
Tebza

Amrhrasach

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 04:41:36 PM »

Gary, if the above quote is 100% correct, then I guess I should be grateful that I don't know much about tomorrow. It is just that I long to fulfil God's perfect plan and will for me. 
Thank once again,
Tebza

[/quote]

Hi Tebza.

I understand.

I offer another something from Ray that should help:

Ray: “The human will is not free to change anything that God has pre-appointed. You will "will" according to the circumstances God places in your path. And you are not free to "will" otherwise.”

I'm not sure how any of us can alter the plans God has for us.   Any of us.

Gary

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 06:34:48 PM »

I believe all the above is correct.  Your in God's 'will' for you right now and at this very moment.  If decisions have to be made on something then pray about it and move on and God will direct your steps.  God's will shall be accomplished for your life with or without any fretting on your part. 

Ray writes;

You say, 'Well I don’t remember any trees being burned down.'  First of all, you won’t even know some of it is happening until it’s over.

I can sure identify with that.  I had a lot of grass that was burned a few years ago and pain to go along with it but it's only within the past few months that I can look back now and see some of the things accomplished.  Not having to worry about God's will for me is certainly a load off my mind.  He's going to accomplish his will for me in spite of my faux paus and ham handedness.   ;D

mharrell08

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 07:11:18 PM »

Excerpt from Lake of Fire Part 15-A (http://bible-truths.com/lake15.html):

DIFFERENTIATING BETWEEN GOD’S STATED WILL AND HIS PLAN OR INTENTIONS

Few students of the Scriptures have learned the truth regarding God’s stated WILL and His PLAN or INTENTIONS. They are clearly not one and the same. They operate completely differently for different purposes.

First we should understand that God’s will is used both as a noun and a verb. As a noun, God’s will is virtually synonymous with His GOAL. It is usually not too hard to tell in Scripture whether the word "will" is used as a noun or a verb. In the Scripture we just used to show that things only happen "if God will," it is used as a verb. And whenever God uses His will as a verb, then it absolutely will be fulfilled and carried out at the time and place that He wills it.

If, however, God is speaking of His will as a noun, meaning His ultimate goal, then it does not immediately come about in totality at the place and time that He states it. A perfect example of God’s will as a noun and it not coming to total fruition at the place and time stated, is in what is popularly called "The Lord’s Prayer."

"Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heave" (Matt. 6:9-10).

I don’t think too many would argue that God’s kingdom and His will has not totally come to this earth as it is in heaven. This is a goal—it will happen, just not at this time. And so man’s will is almost always at variance with God’s stated will as His ultimate goal for the human race. But God’s day-to-day willing of events to carrying out His plan is never ever contradicted or thwarted by puny man. Paul understood this principle perfectly.

From same paper:

WHO HAS RESISTED GOD’S WILL?

So God has mercy upon whom He will have mercy and whom He wills, He hardens. But when I tell people that this is how God operates, they find fault with it. They say that isn’t fair. They say we are mere puppets if this is the way God operates. How can God blame and punish people for doing what God Himself caused them to do in the first place? The Apostle Paul got the same carnal-minded criticisms of God’s plan:

"You will say then unto me, Why does He [God] yet find fault? For who has resisted His will [Greek: boulema—‘resolve, purpose, a deliberate intention’]?" (Rom. 9:19).

This is an amazing Scripture. This Scripture shows the difference in attitude between those who understand God’s plan and will and those who do not.

After explaining to the Romans that God raised Pharaoh up for a specific purpose in God’s plan, Paul foresees the attitudes of his listeners. They will reason that if God is the One behind our actions, and we are totally incapable of doing other than what He determines we will do, then WHY DOES HE FIND FAULT WITH US WHEN WE SIN?

First it is most important that we look at and understand the word translated "will" in Rom. 9:19. It is not the usually Greek word, which is translated "will" hundreds of times in the New Testament. This Greek word boulema is used but twice in the Bible, here in Rom. 9:19 and in Acts 27:43 where it is translated "purpose."

So the question that Paul is setting up is not "…who has resisted His will?" but rather, "who has resisted His purpose [His plan, His intention]?"

To the question, "…who has resisted His will?" the answer is: EVERYONE! But when properly translated, to the question, "who has resisted His purpose?" the answer is: ABSOLUTELY NO ONE!

God has a will and God has a plan and purpose to reach that will. And no small part of reaching His desired will is to set men against His will, just as He did with Pharaoh. But no one has ever hindered God’s plan and purpose in reaching that goal and stated will. God’s will, will be done in His time.

So back to Paul’s questioners: If God causes us to do what we do, and no one ever has or ever can go against or resist that purpose of God, why does He blame us when we sin? And again, I will let Paul answer, since the question was directed to him. But you know what? Paul does not even deign to answer their question. That’s right, Paul proposes the question and then does not directly answer it. He considers the very question itself too demeaning, if not blasphemous to answer. Instead He says this:

"Nay but, O man, WHO ARE YOU that replies against God? Shall the thing formed [that’s us] say to Him that formed it, [that’s GOD] Why have You made me thus? Has not the Potter [GOD] power over the clay [man], of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?" (Rom. 9:20-21).

Marques

tamaralv

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 09:33:17 PM »

Hi.  If someone could help with the link could I suggest that tebza read "The Father's Will" Mobile Conference 2006?  Maybe it might help to answer some of your questions.  Just a thought. 

Peace and Love

Vangie

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 11:44:03 PM »

Here's Tammy's suggestion, and I second her recommendation:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3720.0.html

From a personal standpoint, I think we have to listen to (and listen for) that small still voice of conscience--once our eyes, minds, and hearts have been opened.  We don't just sweep it under the rug anymore; we recognize that it is GOD who is speaking to our spirit and it's just plain too obvious to ignore or disobey now--doing our own "will" is just not a viable option anymore.  Especially since now we know there's no such thing as "our own will."   ;)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 11:51:38 PM by Vangie »

tamaralv

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 06:43:07 AM »

Thank you, Vangie.  I'm still learning.   :)

tebza4jesus

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 05:21:31 PM »

Thank you all who contributed to this thread, and yes I have taken all you have said into consideration and still reading the link which was send forth. thank you very much.

Tebza

Pini56

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 10:36:09 AM »

Hi Tebza,

This Might Help,

Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
KJV 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

Regards Geoff

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 11:33:35 AM »

HORSEMAN,
 Thanks for that excerpt from How Hard is Getting Saved?  I thought I had read just about everything on the site, but I had never read that before. Very refreshing!

daywalker

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 09:15:06 PM »

I hope this makes sense!

Regards,
Tebza

Tebza: Is there a way for me to know....?

Why of course there is.. that is if it were God's Will for you to know 8)

Romans 7:18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out.
19 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. [ESV]

You're not alone in the way you feel. Paul felt that way at times, and so do I...

Keep pressing forward, keep your eyes fixed on God, and He will guide you.

Daywalker

gmik

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 09:32:49 PM »

Read the book of Micah. He tells us very plainly what he requires of us.  Quite simple really.  Really, we stress too much about things.  Try Micah. (I just said this in another post)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.