bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The God I believe in...  (Read 4053 times)

TheRysta

The God I believe in...
« on: September 15, 2009, 07:30:03 PM »

Well, school's going good. It's as if it's not me who goes there, because I am so much better and healthier in the head than I was last year it's as if a different person takes over. I had a think about God last night (not a real intense think like I usually have, but a medetative 'think' of appreciation). You know what, I felt very peaceful. I remember thinking to myself I'd hardly ever felt such peace. I'd been praying really sincerely. It only lasted about five minutes or so but it was as if God was finally telling me I was on the right track, and everyting was okay. You know, the feelings that I got. I'll do the same thing tonight. I know you don't need to traditionally pray out loud, because my thoughts are heard, but I just prefer doing it that way.

The God that will bring everything together, the God that 'will put his arms around Hitler' as my mum says... that's the God I believe in. I have battles with the scriptures, but even if I tossed the bible away I still feel like I know this God.

I've spent hours searching the net and reading books but the most I ever learn about God is when I'm on my own.

I'm not confident to say that I 'know' all this. I could just be deluding myself; but this Father rings true to me in every way. It took nine months before I could stop being physically scared of God, because of the horrible mainstream doctrines. Now I know not to let any of these get in the way of my relationship with Him.

- Ryan

Ninny

Re: The God I believe in...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 07:49:47 PM »

Hello Ryan!
You have taken a good step in your relationship with God! You take out time to let Him speak to you. to calm your mind..your mind can take you in so many different directions and the pride gets in the way. When you stop and wait and let God speak then you will have peace...
Be strong,
Kathy ;)

Roy Coates

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 01:30:44 AM »

Sounds very good. Glory to God.

Roy Martin

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 09:05:21 PM »

I love testimonies like this. Actually I love all testimonies, but some just reach out to me at times that leaves a lingering and euphoric kind of feeling.

Roy

daywalker

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 02:25:47 PM »

Hey Ryan,

Great testimony! I know what it's like to live in fear of God, thanx to Babylon. I used to go to church regularly, even played guitar and bass in the church band, but I always was afraid that He would get fed up with me, kill me and cast me into eternal hellfire...

But thanx to Him, those days are long over... Not that every day is now super smooth and nothing ever goes wrong, but at least I don't have to be afraid of some angry monster suddenly deciding he wants to barbecue me in his pagan hellhole of torture.

Anyway, I'm glad you have found peace. It feels great doesn't it?  :D

Christopher

TheRysta

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 06:49:28 PM »

I know what it's like to live in fear of God, thanx to Babylon.

On and on and on inna Babylon, ey?

Epic way of putting it. When I was in Canada I saw a Catholic Church and I fantasised about graffitiing "MYSTERY" on it in big letters before scarpering off back to England. But, I never was much of a rebel and I have no spray paint at my disposal  ;D.

Thanks for the responses all; it's great to share this. I didn't really have a question as such, I just felt like I had to say it... now I know why forums have these sections. It can get lonely being a single point of focus trapped inside one brain; with no knowledge what it's like at your end. It's the closest I can get to relating with other people's experiences of God, trying to find out what the peace actually is. The irony is so strange, that we are all truly and completely alone. God, who suffers all, is what is outside of myself and it is to Him that I owe my very existance. It's not so much that I am thankful for existence as such, I think life is miserable as sin, but the comfort comes because I know that this entity exists. I know it, and I am the only evidence that I need.

Consciousness cannot arise from matter. You might as well say that paperclips can give rise to reasoning. That's how I know that God exists. And the apparent nature of this UNFATHOMABLE EMPATHY, even though I've never felt 'at one', whatever that means, is the thing that comforts me because I know that I am a child of God. I just know it, I can't explain it any other way. Never heard a single atheist address this in my life. Makes me wonder if they ever consider it at all. How can you not?

Yes guys, the REAL God is wonderful!

;D Ryan

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 01:15:04 AM »

Ryan,
You said so much. the REAL GOD is more than wonderful! He is an awesome, loving Father. He loves you way more than your human parents do!! :D
Kathy ;)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 04:19:28 AM »

hi rySTA; AN,

first off, like the name of your thread "the God i believe in..."

secondly, i cannot EVEN imagine knowing, @ age 17, what i now know; the TRUE Gospel of LOVE that Jesus Christ IS; because HIS Father Creator IS.  the Unfathomable Empathy, that you mention; to me, well...is DIVINE MERCY; which has walked with me throughout my life, and in THIS Mercy, i know HE IS.  so... all forum brothers ( & sista's) under age...uhhh...25...continue to HOLD ON to the TRUTHS which your Father Creator is beginning to unveil to you.  we on this BT forum, have all been given from HIS menu of Wisdom, but to have had my "eyes opened", even just a slit of an opening, @ age 17, would have been...well...UNFATHOMABLE.

and finally, although you say that you "have never felt 'at one', whatever that is", don't ever consider "feeling" 'at one', just continue to remember, it is 'ALL ONE'.   

Father God > Jesus Christ > all mankind; each in his time.

claudia

ps  so, are you a leeds supporter?  liverpool?  arsenal?

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.