bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A shout out...  (Read 3165 times)

bambam

A shout out...
« on: September 17, 2009, 01:43:33 PM »

Hello everyone.  Just wanted to say hi.  I have been very busy so I have not been here except to listen to Ray's Audios, and I am thoroughly enjoying them.  I do my work while I listen and I am learning alot.

I am still in our church with my husband.  I still have not told him that I have been back here.  It is hard sometimes not to feel so torn about it all, but this is where I am at for the time being.  It is so nice to see those of you on facebook on a daily basis.  I don't leave alot of comments for lack of time, but I do read many posts!  

I stand in awe of God and His ways.  He is so much greater than humans have made Him out to be.  I watched a movie-the Ben Carson story.  He was a brain surgeon who was the first to succesfully separate siamese twins connected at the head.  It took him and a team of fifty or more doctors-heart people, brain people, and plastic surgery people-22 hours in the operating room to do this, and these twins are still alive today and they both live in Germany.  Tell me, why would a man do everything within his power to save BOTH babies.  This typeof twins had never both survived a separation before.  Either one or both would not make it.  But this man spent countless hours, reading books and devising a plan to save both of these babies, and then spent TWO days performing the operation with his whole team there as well for TWO days.  Can you even imagine the pressure on him, the emotions over even performing this and being succesful?  He could have said no-that he could not do it.  But he didn't.  Why, because he was a decent, caring man.  And he wanted to save BOTH babies, not just one.  And maybe give some hope to future families with the same kind of problems.  

We call God the Great Physician.  But that is not a physical connotation, but a spiritual.  Everyone in Christian circles knows God did not come just to heal our physical bodies, but to heal us spiritually.  If a decent caring man can do what I just described above, why can't God heal everyone of their spiritual diseases.   God IS love-He is the epitome of what love is.  This man did not love these babies like a father loves a child-but he knew the parents did.  So he did this wonderful, great, emotionally and physically taxing thing for someone else who's life has no affect on his.  Like I said-he could have just said no.

Now, God IS the father, and creator of the universe.  He DOES love all of us.  Would he not do everything in HIS power to save US?  Of course He would!!

That movie spoke volumes to me about the amazing God that knows exactly what He is doing!!  Praise Him!

Thanks for listening!  Hope you ALL are well!

Beth :)      

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: A shout out...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 02:15:34 PM »

Hey Beth.  It's good to hear from you.

That's such a beautiful picture.  All I can add is that it wasn't easy on those twins either to endure their condition and recovery.  Praise to God who doesn't lose a patient.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Kat

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 02:53:16 PM »

Hi Beth,

So good for you to drop in.  Your story of the Dr. Carson was a very good depiction of what God will do for this human race, God is still preparing the patients for surgery right now though.

I can only imagine how difficult it is for you to have knowledge of this truth and continually have to live around those in blindness and not being able to share it.  Now I was just thinking my situation is not so different then yours, I live around a lot of blind people too.  I have shared a bit of the truth with most of them, but they were not receptive, except for one daughter, which I am grateful for.  So actually I am living around a lot of blind people just like you are, not being able to discuss these things out right.  But I think having this truth and how we actually live must have a very positive effect for all of them.  Do drop in when ever you can, as I do like to hear how you are.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 10:54:15 PM »

If, only more people understood, that they are not greater then there maker. I never have been able to see how we think we can love more then God who created everything in the world and we are his children.  Beautiful story !

Glad, to see you were online .

In HIs Love,
Marlene

meee

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 03:12:04 PM »

Hi Beth,

The doctor story you talked about is beautiful!   I can see God in that doctor and others must have seen God too. He has brought God glory in showing love, as he has. 

It's always grand to see you,Beth!
             hugs,meee
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.