bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank you for your prayer support  (Read 3359 times)

firefly77

Thank you for your prayer support
« on: September 18, 2009, 11:04:52 AM »

Hi,
Just wanted to let you know that my friend's situation has improved and his life has calmed down. He said it has been the most challenging experience in the last 10 years since he started the business. They have managed to have a little surplus now and one of his large customers is planning to shut down their plant during October for maintenance purposes; this will help a lot in catching up.
Anyway, thanks again!

I have a prayer request for myself; I need some wisdom regarding a decision I have to make in the next 4 1/2 months. With the economy as bad as it is, and the unemployment numbers still increasing, I am wondering if I should stay in school for another 2 years and get my BA degree. I will have my AA degree in January. I would like to continue my education, but this is also a matter of "financing" another 2 years. I personally believe attending school is a "safe" place to be when jobs are hard to come by. Of course, my age is also a factor; I am not getting any younger; although, I definitely don't feel old.
I am a little concerned about it. God needs to provide either way...

Thanks everyone,
Angie

Ninny

Re: Thank you for your prayer support
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 12:47:15 PM »

Angie,
I will be praying for your decisions! We do learn that God will lead..we just sometimes forget..I forget all the time..BAD for me!! :(
I'm glad your friend's situation has improved! God is good!! :)
Kathy ;)

meee

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 03:02:56 PM »

Angie,     

I am happy your friends situation is better.

I will pray for you also.

meee

9440geoff

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 05:13:50 PM »

Hi Angie,

Praise God that your friend's situation has improved.

When I read that you would like to continue your education, the following verses came to mind:

Psa 37:4 Find pleasure in Yahweh, And He shall give you the requests of your heart."
Psa 37:5 Hand over your way to Yahweh; Trust Him, and He shall do it."

It seems that it is the financing that is the obstacle to you getting your BA, so I'm praying that our loving God will provide the money for you to be able to continue studying.

Geoff

firefly77

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 11:09:53 AM »

Thanks for your prayers.
I certainly feel a pull to get my BA degree. My teacher at the college thinks that I would be a great candidate.
What I find surprising is the fact that I enjoy being a student and doing homework assignments much more now than in my younger years.

God bless you all,
Angie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.