bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First Post from Shaine  (Read 7568 times)

shaine

First Post from Shaine
« on: September 21, 2009, 01:18:03 AM »

Greetings everyone. My name is Shaine and I am finally joining the forum discussions. I have been reading the material on this site for about 2 years now and have been so affected by Ray's teachings. I suppose that I will give you all a little bit of my testimony.

Well for starters, I am a 22 year old carpenter from Sacramento, California, but originally born and raised in Oklahoma City.  I am very happily married to my wife of 2 1/2 years, Casey(who like me has been reading and disgesting all of the material on this site.). I am also the proud father of a beautiful baby girl, Jolie, who is a little over a year old.

I have been a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ for around 10 years or so, but for about the last 6 years have I really tried to follow him. After having a very profound encounter with Him at a church camp, I have felt the calling to follow Him. I attended a small non-denominational church in OKC for about 4 or 5 years during high school where I saw the good, the bad, and the ugly of Christendom. In February 2006 I flew to Australia to attend a missionary training school fronted by YWAM(Youth with a Mission). It was there that I met my wife and we both felt like God showed us that we were called to be together. It was one of the most miraculous and beautiful experiences of my life seeing the Lord work in my life to orchestrate those events.

Anyways, fast foward a year or so later and we are married, living in Sacramento. It was September 2007 and I first really started discovering this website. At first I was bitterly opposed to this website because I had falsely assumed from just reading the front page that Ray was another fire and brimstone preacher and I was very turned off by that kind of preaching( I still refer to that kind of preaching as "terror tactics Christianity").  My mother in law was telling us that this guy Ray was talking about the salvation of all mankind. I had heard of this teaching before but I had just always brushed it off as some heretical teaching.  One day my wife and I were talking about it.  My wife at that time was facing a very severe trial in her faith, being very severly tortured in her mind over the reality of "hell" and that if it was true, nothing else in this life mattered besides telling other people how to avoid this terrible thing.  She was so depressed over this that she thought about killing herself, God forbid. One day I said to her that she was not alone because any honest Christian had thought about such things and how terrible they were. So one day we decided to look at this website with an open heart and and an open mind, weighing it in our hearts.  Needless to say, within the first couple of pages of reading Lake of Fire 1 , I felt a deep churning in my heart over this. I knew this was God and that this is what He was saying to me.  It was like my entire world was flipped upside down and my eyes were opened.  It was the most marvelous revelation I had ever experienced, discovering that God will not torture all of mankind in hell but rather that he was going to SAVE all of mankind! PRAISE GOD! Still some of the best news I have ever heard!  I read all of the articles on the Lake of Fire within a matter of weeks, absolutely devouring the material on the site.

What really shook me ,though, was when Ray started teaching about coming out of Babylon, that God commands it!  Realizing that this was talking about coming out of church, coming out of the pagan doctrines and the pagan traditions of men, I was scared and cut to the core. What would my family and friends think of me?  This issue weighed heavily on my mind and I struggled with it for some time.  As time has gone on, though, I have seen the truth in this and have found much peace in it.

My goal in life now is to run the race with endurance and try to attain the High Calling. I have been so blessed by both Ray and the faithful brethren on this site who tirelessly seek the truth in all things, just like the Berieans(sp?).  I am looking forward to getting to know you all and ask for your prayers for my familiy and I's life, that it would be lived in accordance with the will of God.

Sincerely seeking with you all,

Shaine   

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: First Post from Shaine
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 02:40:12 AM »

Hey Shaine!
It is so refreshing to hear your testimony!
You will find your experience in coming to the truth similar to others here!
Great to have you and your wife!

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Astrapho

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 05:43:50 AM »

Great testimony!! ;D

I remember I was also feeling depressed over hell, although I stumbled upon Ray's site searching for the truth about "speaking in togues". I have never felt so liberated in my life. Our God is an awesome God! :D

Welcome to the forums, Shaine. :D

cherokee

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 10:06:04 AM »

Hey Shaine,
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Glad to hear your wife, Casey, is onboard too.
Here is a  :-* for baby Jolie.

Blessings,
Suzie

Kat

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 10:33:50 AM »

Hi Shaine,

I'm glad that you have joined us  :)
I believe you will find this place to be a refuge from the world.  It is wonderful to have this fourm that you can fellowshiip with people of like mind, you are very forunate to have your wife and mother-in-law to talk to, what a blessing.  But you can come here when questions come up, the many prespectives are very helpful.  You will also see that there is additional material here to study.  Here are a few links to help you find what's available here.

The forum rules, it will help you see how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Forum Indexes & lots of Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Who Am I? (members pics and personal stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Marky Mark

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 11:14:38 AM »

Shaine Hello and Welcome to the forums :).Casey and Jolie, welcome also.

PRAISE GOD! Still some of the best news I have ever heard!

Thank you for your testimony and I could not agree more with your feelings from the above quote...

Peace...Mark

9440geoff

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 02:53:59 PM »

Hi Shaine, Casey and Jolie,

Welcome and looking forward to your topics/posts.

Geoff

Linny

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 06:36:10 PM »

Welcome Shaine! You are so blessed to have been called at such a young age along with your family!
I am so glad you have joined us here. I don't know what I'd do without this place to chat with like-minded people.
I can already tell that you are well-spoken and you have been reading longer than I so I can't wait to have you join in our conversations.
My husband is also on board with the teachings here as he struggled for years over the many doctrines of man.
It is so great to have your spouse along for the ride. It is a great blessing for which I am so grateful.

Blessings, Lin

Marlene

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 12:18:38 AM »

Hi Shanie, Casey and Jolie. Great, looking young family. I loved your testimony. I believe you will be very happy here.

In His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 03:20:07 AM »

Hi Shaine, Casey & Jolie,

Welcome to the forum, i sent you a note on facebook; I am about 70 miles away in Antioch, Ca.

george. ;D

Phil3:10

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 11:50:08 PM »

Shaine and family,
What a beautiful testimony you have. Welcome to the forum and continue here to find much truth. I also had to come out of Babylon and I now have found the true liberty that is in CHRIST JESUS.
Praise HIS perfect name and all glory and honor to HIM who is everything.
Phil3:10

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 12:59:54 AM »

Hi Shaine, Casey & Jolie,

Welcome to the forum, i sent you a note on facebook; I am about 70 miles away in Antioch, Ca.

george. ;D

and alex / lilitalianboy is on the west coast too. there ya go george, some younguns' to fellowship face/face with, according as His Plan causes. i wish we could all meet up in mobile in nov. for the conference.

welcome to the forum shaine and casey.  :D :D (that's a couple of little 'giggles' for your jolie.)

i know that you both must truly realize what an awesome gift our Father God has bestowed upon you each and together, to give you His eyes to see the Truths of the Scriptures; of which He causes ray smith to study diligently and to provide for all He draws to be exposed to the Truths of the Ages.

ok. that's it.
love in Christ

claudia

lauriellen

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 09:50:23 PM »

WOW! what a great testimony. great that you are here.
lauriellen  ;D

tinknocker

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 03:04:35 AM »

Hey Shaine and Casey,

First off welcome to the forum. Enjoyed you intro. I live in San Jose, CA. If you and your wife are in the area stop in. My wife and I both have come to realize the truth of Ray's teachings.

tinknocker

G. Driggs

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 02:05:19 PM »

HI Shaine, welcome to the forum. ;D

G.Driggs

shaine

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 01:22:08 PM »

Wow, thank you all so much for your kind words of encouragement!

It really blesses me to see such love and unity amongst the brethren.

Again, thank you!

daywalker

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 10:04:18 PM »

Hey Shaine,

Welcome to what I like to call "the L.A.B." [that's Life After Babylon]. Another fellow Californian here; though I'm down south in San Diego.

It's awesome to hear that your wife is with you as well; that sure does make your walk a little easier. My wife agrees with most I've shared with her, but doesn't have the 'passion' or 'drive' to follow yet...

All in God's Timing,

Christopher.  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.