bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Pray For Me  (Read 4304 times)

LiberatedEagle

Please Pray For Me
« on: September 21, 2009, 02:38:32 AM »

Greetings Body of Christ,

It's been awhile since my last post, but I continue to enjoy the truths I learn by studying the scriptures taught by Ray. The faithful members here are to be commended is well for showering newcomers with love and consistently praying for those who are discouraged and distressed, which happens to be the state I'm currently in.

I AM SO CLOSE TO GIVING UP! Some of you may remember my testimonies of how I served time in prison and how God called me out of the church and how He spared me from being shot. Though I know it was only the grace of God that has kept me this far it seems that I just keep falling on my face time and time again. I have diligently stayed away from indulging in any criminal behavior for monetary gain, but it becomes so hard when every legitimate endeavor I pursue seems to crumble after giving the illusion that it would serve as a bridge to my success. I realize there are decisions I make that are not in my best interest, but I honestly try to look for any signs from God before going in any direction, but the signs are just not clear.

I understand the scripture that says "come to me all ye that labor and are heavy laden" and I really do believe that God loves me more than I can imagine, but for some reason that alone doesn't give me the strength to overcome this horrible feeling I have right now. I FEEL LIKE A FAILURE! I desire to be a man of God and to worship Him in spirit and in truth, but I know the power to do so only comes from Him. I read Ray's transcript on repentance and the difference between godly sorrow and worldly sorrow and I desire for God to place His sorrow in me that would bring a change in my actions. But i don't know if it's happening.

I really don't feel like continuing to write, but I definitely need the prayer of the righteous because I just don't understand what's becoming of my life and what God wants me to be. So please pray that God strengthens me through this trial.

Ninny

Re: Please Pray For Me
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 11:30:37 AM »

Praying earnestly for you..with tears..
Kathy :'(

firefly77

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 11:45:08 AM »

I will pray for you too. Thanks for sharing your request with us. Please, never give up!
Angie

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 01:24:46 PM »

Charles,
I needed to say also that we are all failures at the moment...That's why we are waiting for our Lord to rescue us from this fallen state!!
Don't let your mind lead you off on rabbit trails...we all fall and we all fail..you are human just like the rest of us! We are all in this together! Hang on and know that you have our prayers...
Kathy

9440geoff

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 03:08:24 PM »

Hi Charles ,

I'm certainly praying that God will strengthen you and carry you through this difficult time.

Jud 1:20 Now you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith, praying in holy spirit,
Jud 1:21 keep yourselves in the love of God, anticipating the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ for life eonian."
Jud 1:22 And to those, indeed, who are doubting, be merciful,
Jud 1:23 yet others be saving, snatching them out of the fire, yet to others be merciful with fear, hating even the tunic spotted by the flesh."
Jud 1:24 Now to Him Who is able to guard you from tripping, and to stand you flawless in sight of His glory, in exultation,
Jud 1:25 to the only God, our Saviour, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, might and authority before the entire eon, now, as well as for all the eons. Amen!"

Geoff

NoviceBeliever

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 03:26:57 PM »

Charles:  I am praying for you!  What you wrote, really had that familiar feeling that I think that most of us have had or have felt before or are always going through.  It is GOD's way of showing us chastizement for our actions and ultimately his love for us is his wanting us to reach our ultimate goal of spiritual perfection. We constanly feel like failures, but that is all part of GOD's plan.  If we didn't how would we know exactly what the beast is in all of us?  I think I would be more worried if I didn't feel that chastizement of GOD.  NB

(Psa 94:10 KJV)  He that chastiseth the heathen, shall not he correct? he that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know?

(Deu 11:2 KJV)  And know ye this day: for I speak not with your children which have not known, and which have not seen the chastisement of the LORD your God, his greatness, his mighty hand, and his stretched out arm,

(Heb 12:6 ESV)  For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives."

(Heb 12:8 CLV)  Now if you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, consequently you are ******** and not sons."

Job 20:3  The chastisement of my shame I hear, And the spirit of mine understanding Doth cause me to answer:

(Pro 13:24 YLT)  Whoso is sparing his rod is hating his son, And whoso is loving him hath hastened him chastisement.

(Luk 23:22 YLT)  And he a third time said unto them, `Why, what evil did he? no cause of death did I find in him; having chastised him, then, I will release him .'

(Isa 53:5 YLT)  And he is pierced for our transgressions, Bruised for our iniquities, The chastisement of our peace is on him, And by his bruise there is healing to us.

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 04:47:30 PM »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND THANK YOU!!!!

After crying last night and asking God for comfort I was given a second wind. I just begin to encourage and reassure myself that God doesn't want me to give up, but there is something He wants me to learn. I just wish He shows me and fill me with the power to be a true son of God.

NoviceBeliever: Though I know God wants to reveal the beast in us all, at times I just wish He makes it clear what area of my life He wants me to work on and to give me the power to overcome in that area. I accept that I am unworthy and my righteousness is as a filthy rag, but at what point does God acknowledge my acceptance of my sinful nature and give me the power to overcome it. I know you can't answer that question, but these are the thought's that plagues my mind.

Kathy: You are amazing!! I've read your post and response to others over the months and I must say you're love is felt immensely. I thank you for being so faithful and demonstrating a love that can only come from God. I just wish there was a way that we can fellowship together in person, however I appreciate very much this outlet because there are no true believers in my circles and sometimes I feel that knowing what I've learned can be bittersweet because no one else around me believes it and they all feel that Satan has me by the ears. Again Kathy I thank you for your prayers and tears.

firefly77, 9440geoff: Thank you so much for taking time to respond. Like I said earlier I wish there was a way for us to have bible studies and continue to strengthen each other in person, but I know all things work together according to God's good pleasure. I am feeling a little better today and I realize that I can't get caught up in the moment by continuing to focus on all that is wrong in my life. It is reassuring to know that I'm not the only who has these feelings of inadequacy and that my brothers and sisters understand what I'm going through. Thank you soo much!! I pray that God continues to bless and enrich your lives.

Linny

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 06:27:41 PM »

Charles, I am so glad you have felt encouraged! So many of us know exactly how you feel.
Please let me add to what they have already said.
When my husband and I were in Babylon, we didn't understand why everyone around us was being "blessed" while we were being "cursed." No matter how hard we tried to tithe our way into prosperity, we were under such financial burdens that it was just a horrible and frightening time.
Once God called us out and we began to learn more about Him, we know now that the trials we have gone through and go through still are all designed just for us to grow and become what He desires.
Everyone here has trials. We all have different ones. But they are all prepared just for us.
As hard as these times have been, we have been equally blessed in more important ways and our hearts, oh how our hearts have changed! For that I will be forever grateful to Him for allowing these trials. I never want to be the person I once was and I am excited about the person I will become.
Growth hurts but it is so good! ;D

John 16:33
 I have told you this so that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have trouble, but be courageous-I have overcome the world!"

Blessing, Lin

EKnight

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 11:56:21 PM »

Charles, how can you be a failure?  God's will will prevail so be patient and prayerful and all of us here will pray that God give you the strength to endure and persevere.  Sometimes it's a fight, no one said it would be easy.

Eileen

MePogo

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 03:42:21 AM »

I read your post after picking my self off of the floor sobbing and begging God to take me.  I came here with no where else to turn.  Bible-Truths reminded me that we are children of God who first loved us, despite our failures.  It helps all of us to give prayer to others.  We WILL NOT be given more than we can stand.  You are loved and saved by the grace of sacrifice of Jesus Christ.  Thank you for your prayer request.  You had no way of knowing how you made me feel - not alone in grief.  You are in my prayers, I promise.  You are not alone.  We have all fallen short of the perfection of Christ and yet our Father loves us still.  We are all saved.  Hold tight to the knowledge of how His capacity for love is greater than we can imagine. 

Love, prayer and blessings in His name,
Pogo
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.515 seconds with 20 queries.