bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FEARLESS  (Read 3963 times)

jacobbsladdr

FEARLESS
« on: September 24, 2009, 06:23:24 PM »

I was getting gas this morning and saw a pile of cards laying by the register and it said FEARLESS on the top.  I flipped it over and it reads

Wouldn't YOU like to live like that?  Join us to learn more.

Layoffs, Foreclosures, Wars, Global Warming, Terrorism.
Fear, it seems, has taken a lease next door and set up shop.

join us as we explore the secret to a fearless life

GATEWAY BIBLE CHURCH

What a crock.  I was not fearful until they started bring up all the evils going on in the world.  (Not really) but they play on your fears, give you something TO fear, then tell you all these horrible things are living right next door to you.  BUT... come listen to us so we can alleviate your fears and take your money.

What a crock!

There is nothing to fear if you have faith in God.  Duh.

9440geoff

Re: FEARLESS
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 08:02:46 PM »

Hey JL,

I hope you took the cards and filed them in your round filing cabinet.

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 12:46:57 AM »

vewy intewesting... i went to a gateway bible church before. a few times. my daughter (24 yr at the time) was even water baptised in a lush creek bed by the gateway bible church pastor. he was young, hip (drew in an eclectic grouping of people), but he had old man traditions.  then again, we all know the ending to this story. babylon and her harlot daughters.  'there, but for the grace of God, go i'.

claudia

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 08:38:50 AM »

You're right JL fear is a big motivator! Fear can paralyze you and cause you to do many things you wouldn't do if you weren't afraid....fear is an enemy..and it is the opposite of faith!
Kathy :(

Marky Mark

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 10:56:06 AM »

I was not fearful until they started bring up all the evils going on in the world.

1John 4
 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Romans 8:15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"

1 John 4:12 No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us.

Matthew 10:26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

Peace...Mark

EKnight

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 01:13:32 AM »

Too bad you didn't have one of the bible-truths business cards to lay on top of the pile.

Eileen
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.