bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Traffic Camera  (Read 6464 times)

Amrhrasach

The Traffic Camera
« on: September 28, 2009, 04:43:16 PM »

A man was driving through town, when he saw the flash of a traffic camera. He figured that his picture had been taken for exceeding the limit, even though he knew that he was not speeding... Just to be sure, he went around  the block and passed the same spot, driving even more slowly, but again the camera flashed.  Now he began to think that this was quite funny, so he drove even slower as he passed the area again, but the traffic camera again flashed.  He tried a fourth time with the same result. He did this a fifth time and was now laughing when the camera flashed as he rolled past, this time at a snail's pace...

Two weeks later, he got five tickets in the mail for driving without a seat belt..

You can't fix stupid.

Linny

Re: The Traffic Camera
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 07:36:14 PM »

:D :D :D :D

ez2u

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 01:05:53 AM »

horseman did that really happen?  where are people being taken pictures at in american and getting traffic tickets?  peggy

NoviceBeliever

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 02:00:49 AM »

Actually, I got one about a year ago in Washington DC for speedy. UGH!!!!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 02:07:14 AM by NoviceBeliever »

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 02:10:49 AM »

horseman did that really happen?  where are people being taken pictures at in american and getting traffic tickets?  peggy

Maricopa County, Phoenix, AZ has used them for several years. There is a lot of argument as to whether they are legal or not. Some are for speeding and some are for red light infractions.

Marlene

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 02:30:26 AM »

It happens in many places Peggy. New York has them I have been told. I am from Ohio and they just put them in a small town my Husband works in. They have only had them a few months. They have made all kinds of money for the city that way. They said, "They put them to cut down on wrecks on that highway." In my personal opinion they are using it as a quick way to make money. " The people of the city are fighting it because they say it is illlegal.

Marlene

cjwood

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 02:34:15 AM »

"you can't fix stupid"

:D :D :D

claudia

MePogo

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 03:20:36 AM »

Tucson, AZ has some.  They also have traffic lights that talk to you.  If you are near certain intersections in the city, a voice tells you to remain "stopped" because the light is red.  I figure they do it for drivers who are blind and can't see the red light.  See!  A few words can fix stupid  ;D ;D ;D

Pogo

firefly77

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 10:58:16 AM »

We have quite a few of them in Spokane, WA.
You don't know how many times people are speeding up to beat the traffic light and unfortunately, many will step on the gas pedal when the light has already turned red. At least here I can see why they installed them.
Angie

Vangie

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 01:51:27 PM »

Pogo, you are too funny!  That's funny right there.

I figure they do it for drivers who are blind and can't see the red light.  See!  A few words can fix stupid  ;D ;D ;D

Pogo

musicman

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 10:02:58 PM »

I've heard that if there is no warning sign prior to the traffic light, they can't cite you by camera.  They also take pictures at toll booths. 

cjwood

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 01:20:41 AM »

They also take pictures at toll booths. 

and they also take pictures from space.  :o

claudia

Ninny

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 01:27:26 AM »

What an invasion of privacy!!! Taking my picture at a toll booth AND from space is just WRONG!!!  :o :( >:( how mean! what will they do next?? AND WHO ARE THEY ???   :P :P
Kathy ;)

firefly77

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 03:03:01 AM »

I love technology, I really do! I am so excited to be able to go to my old hunting grounds in Okanogan County, WA, and see it with a bird's eye view. I can go back to Frankfurt/Main, Germany, and reminisce about my birth place and see all the changes that have happened since I left, thanks to Google Earth. I am also thankful for the many crimes that have been solved because of surveillance camera's recordings or taking pictures.
I have no intentions of ever using it for "evil". I know there are people who plan and concoct plans that are; that's the flip side of technology. Remember, it's all of God; He knows what He is doing.
Angie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.