bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Evil, an amazing paradox  (Read 6712 times)

hillsbororiver

Evil, an amazing paradox
« on: June 13, 2006, 02:22:03 PM »

In "Lake of Fire" Part VI, Ray writes;

Let me make one thing clear at this point, lest my detractors think they have discovered a major flaw in my teaching. "Evil" is not good nor is it eternal. Nonetheless, a "knowledge of evil" is good and is eternal. All evil will take its place in the lake of fire, but a knowledge of evil is eternal just as sure our God, Who possesses a knowledge of evil, is eternal.

Now that is a statement a detractor could cut and paste and have a field day with, but think about how true that is.

Earlier in the paper it is stated that everything in our physical universe is relative to everything else, size, shape, smell, temperature, etc. If we do not learn these basic differences as a (carnal) child we are in a very confused and prone state as an adult.

This holds true in our spiritual maturation as well.

It is an incredible revelation after what I had been taught previously, "God uses evil for good, to make us His sons, to give us a lesson that we will remember through all ages, til time ceases to exist. This is an amazing process. It can also be a comforting thought as we experience evil in our lives, when bad stuff happens to us, or we make a mistake and are led to repentence.

joyful1

Evil, an amazing paradox
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 10:17:17 AM »

I have to totally agree with this statement...
I've been looking at it this way:

The tree of the knowledge of good and evil was clearly placed smack dab in the middle of the garden so that we WOULD partake of it....the serpent beguiled/ enticed Eve with...

Genesis 3:5 "For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

being created subject to vanity....we of course would WANT to be as gods!

1--everyone sees evil in this world
2--some "touch it"
3--some that touch it then "partake of it"

I think our ability to see, but not touch and partake of evil is being developed by allowing us to see the results of that for ourselves....it is apparently the only way that we can LEARN or KNOW what evil REALLY means! He can't have "uneducated" kings ruling and reigning....we would have NO compassion for others if we ourselves had never touched or partaken. This is NOT a license to go out and become a sinning machine

Sorin

Evil, an amazing paradox
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 02:41:33 PM »

Great post Joe! I once said that we would not have a knowledge of good without a knowledge of evil. and one of my detractors, said something like "that can't be true because evil will be done away with in the lake of Fire". Yeah, evil it's self, not the knowledge of it. These are the types of things that those who believe God "CREATED" (past tense) men in his image can not comprehand. How could we be the image of God and not even know what good and evil is? Who would deny that God has a knowledge of it? Or maybe they mean created in God's physical image, He looks just like us with arms and legs and all that. I speak as a fool. If God had two eyes like us He wouldn't be able to see what's behind Him.

Take care,
Sorin

joyful1

Evil, an amazing paradox
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 02:49:10 PM »

Rodger-
you are soooo right! I have to say that when I came upon this very type of evil, I felt so totally "betrayed", isolated, helpless....almost as if God had turned his face from me! I didn't understand...it didn't make sense to me...not that I myself was incapable of becoming all of it....the thought simply had not come into my mind to do what another had done to me, to my children...and when something is done to our child....we are hurt even MORE than if it had happened to ourselves!  that is why it is so amazing that the Father would offer the Son for us!

Falconn003

Evil, an amazing paradox
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »

Sorin

Nice...very nice insight that almost escapes me.

Glad you posted it, so it those not linger in my shadows....

Even in the most quitess moments man stares into the abyss and sees evil staring back at him.

chills.......happy thoughts...happy thoughts.. :wink:

God bless
Rodger

Falconn003

Evil, an amazing paradox
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 05:06:58 PM »

joyful1

Seeing your passion for your spiritual growth is truly a wonderful site.

There is so much fruit here it is down right obscene at times...jk  :wink:

nevertheless i share and bare my insights for all, to those who benefit great and thank God for that, to those who don't i give my regardsto those individuals and pray to God for them.

God bless
Rodger

elect144

Evil, an amazing paradox
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 05:20:25 AM »

I thank Jesus NOW, for showing me that this knowledge of evil is necessary for us to know and to experience. I am sure most of us were taught if Adam and Eve only didn't eat from the tree everything would be fine and we would not only be, but stay PERFECT!!  Look at Lake of Fire-part 2 the real origin of sin.  - Of course I never heard the tree of KNOWLEGE of good and evil. it was just tree of good and evil.!! And it never occured to me why good and evil in SAME tree? I only realized that after I came to Ray's site that made me think about it and God blessed my eyes to see his word.  I thank the Holy Spirit which has led me and leading me to the Truth of God and his ultimite love for HIS CREATION.
I can now find forgivness for myself for the evil I have done, but also to all those who have done evil to me. Knowing now, that it is ALL of God and what is happening in my life and around me in the world -as hard as it is to digest at times.!!- ALL IS OF GOD!!
-Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and CREATE EVILl: I the Lord do all these things.
So if god creates -evil, he has knowlege of it.  He knows everything!! more knowlege than I can comprehend at this point. I have a hard time to even comprehend the number of all the stars in all the galaxies or even in our own Milky way  galaxy for that matter, let alone naming them!!!

AMP Job 9:9 Who made the constellations the Bear, Orion, and the loose cluster Pleiades, and th vast starry spaces of the south.

What about people who commit -murders -child molestations -Rapes- thefts- etc. etc.  
Isa 64:6 But we are ALL as an unclean thing, and ALL our RIGHTEOUSNESSES ARE AS FILTHY RAGS: and we all do fade as a leaf: and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. and yet we have to have all of these evils in the earth and these are ALL of God

Isa 64:8 But now, O lord, thou art our father: WE ARE THE CLAY and THOU OUR POTTER; and we all are the work of thine hand.
Jer 18:4 And the vessel that HE MADE OF CLAY was MARRED in the hand of the potter: so he MADE IT AGAIN ANOTHER VESSEL, as seemed GOOD TO THE POTTER  to make it.  
I had to ask myself when I was walking with God would I have enough Love to forgive someone who Raped and murdered my child? Would I forgive someone who shot and killed my husband? or forgive those who are deceiving billions of people with the accepted lies of the church?
I can't but he can.!! AND WILL.
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood. but against principalities, against powers, against the RULERS OF THE DARKNESS of this world, against spiritual wickedness IN HIGH PLACES.
This is so happening in the heavens and being played out as physical manifistations on the earth. But most of christiandom  think heaven is a physical place and don't understand the spiritual realm or his truth.
 Because God PLANNED IT THIS WAY ! I  don't have to even go out of my home to wrestle with these powers -I try to remember to  put on my whole Armor OF GOD.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death: but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7a Because the CARNAL MIND IS ENMITY AGAINST GOD  
For the few he chooses we definitly have to be ready for battle. Is it at the end of the age? no, it is here and now
In his Love,
Sandra

ned

Re: Evil, an amazing paradox
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 02:09:11 PM »

great post Sandra. inspiring to read. thank you.
Marie

Sorin

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 10:08:17 PM »

Elect144,

The importance of knowledge of good and evil is just as important as realizing you need this knowledge.

Falconnoo3,

Thanks for the kind words.  :)

Take care,
Sorin

jenniferonline

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 04:40:53 AM »

This forum is just awesome.  I can't get over how blessed i am to read all of your posts.  I know there are many out there like me that are just soaking it all up like a sponge.

I was thinking yesterday while i was taking the dog for a walk (i'm not sure i can convey what i was thinking perfectly without offending but here it goes  ???). When Jesus said that the man was blind since birth so that the works of God may be manifested in him (Jn 9:3) it made me think that most are supposed to be blind in this life .  Does anyone else think about how devisive and genius the hell deception is?  When He first revealed His plan to me (Day 2 no sleep - double checking the greek - we've all been there) all I could say to myself was "Genius!  It's so fantastically genius.  God, you are a genius." The good that will come out of that evil is so big and so overwhelming that i can bearly comprehend a tiny piece of how it will play out.

joyful1

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 01:43:27 PM »

Joe-
I've been re-reading and thinking about this thread lately....
do you believe in our lifetime, that we "partake of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil" and that we are made to experience every KIND of evil that there is?

As evil thoughts against God in my own mind occur: I ask God to help me overcome them (taking them captive to the obedience of Christ)
some days....the battle goes well....some days not so well...but one by one, it seems that I am being confronted by EVERY EVIL that I can think of!

joyful1

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.