bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Praise  (Read 3953 times)

Linny

A Praise
« on: October 02, 2009, 11:23:35 PM »

Dear friends,
I was feeling like we share our prayer requests and disappointments here so perhaps it would be wrong for me not to share a long awaited answer to prayer when the handprint of God is so all over it.

I have mentioned before (too many times!  ::)) our financial woes that God has used to grow us through.

On disability, we could only get an 80/20 mortgage. For those who don't know what this is, it is actually 2 mortgages.  :-\
We were ignorant and trusting and we were told that it would be no problem to change it after 2 years of payments.  ::)

After 4 years of my dear husband talking to everybody and anybody, God first rescued us from forclosure on the big one and we got a fixed loan on it last year. But no one would consolidate the two and the payments were killing us.
Then out of the blue, the holder of the 20% says we qualify for a settlement. That if we can come up with a chunk, we can pay it off and be done! My husband felt great about it right away. I was excited but knew it meant going to my mom for the money.
Well, her first reaction was bad, my sister's first reaction was worse and doubtful it was legit. But the next day, my sister calls and says it sounds like a great idea to her so she told my mom to do it and then mom calls and tells me to do it and so, it is done! One more payment next week and we have ONE Mortgage, and almost as much equity in our house as we owe! We pay only 1/3 of this 20% mortgage and it is finished!

I said God's fingerprints were all over it --in every detail. We had no idea how transferring the money would work and homeland security rules hold money transfers. So the lady handling it picked "random" dates. Well her dates ended up being one day after each time the needed payment would be available to us. Couldn't have been more perfect. So after the payment next week, so much less stress on my dear husband!  ;D

I am sorry this post is so long but I hope it will be an encouragement to anyone who needs a reminder that God knows our needs and He can provide for them in His perfect timing.

Blessings, Lin

Ninny

Re: A Praise
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 11:49:47 PM »

Lin!! That is so great!! God is here and he is real! He blesses us in ways we can't understand!!
 yaaay!!
Kathy  \o/

Kat

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 01:01:36 AM »

Hi Lin,

I'm so glad God has lighten your burden  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 03:24:30 AM »

Lin, That is so wonderful. When, we see God's perfect timing it increases our faith. So, glad your husband is out from under the stress and you too.

In His Love,
Marlene

cherokee

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 11:24:45 AM »

That is great news Lin. So glad you and Tobin are being blessed.  :)

Blessings,
Suzie

EKnight

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 11:36:23 PM »

Linny,

I know how stressful financial burdens can be and I am so happy that God has given you a reprieve.  How freeing it is.

Eileen

Linny

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 02:01:13 AM »

Thanks so much you guys... :)

Samson

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 11:55:17 AM »

Hi Linny,

Good news in a time of Economic woes, tell Tobin I'm glad his burden was lifted. I leave you with this: " Come to me, all you who labor, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls, For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew. 11:28,29.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Linny

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 06:38:07 PM »

Hi Samson! Thanks so much and I LOVE that scripture! I'll tell Tobin.

Roy Coates

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 02:05:50 AM »

Praise God ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.