bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vessels  (Read 4574 times)

Roy Martin

Vessels
« on: October 06, 2009, 09:18:07 AM »

Hello everyone,
 Most of you know that last week I was struggling with God causing all things to happen, but actually that's not the part that was bothering me. I know that is true. It was something different that I won't go into.
 Many times I have read the part about God creating vessels of honor and dishonor, but this time a few days ago in some of the replies; it jumped off the page at me, and is still in my face, but in a good way. I am overwhelmed with meditating thoughts of those words that are much more than face value. The spiritual implications are far more than a simple delight , and definitely not words to be read over in passing. Never on my own would or could I see so much said and explained in the words; God creates vessels of honor and vessels of dishonor.
  I don't and can't blame myself anymore for anything because its God that has put into this vessel what pleases Him, and I can't do anything about it unless He has added in the beginning the ingredient to make it happen. I have so much to say about this topic but for now its just wonderful to have my eyes opened to a truth that is one of the many that sets you free.

Just in humor I have been trying to figure out which vessel I am. Being a gardener; I'll stick to familiar terms. I'm pesticide and a pest, fungicide and fungus, fertilizer in water PH balanced and unbalanced, weed killer and a weed that produces a flower, herbicide and a disease.   All in one vessel at the same time dumped together. You know God is quite the chemist. Only He can put all these things into one vessel and bond them together to make them work for something good, or what seems bad to us which is good to God because He saw that it was good. Chemist are still working on the ch-elating process of bonding things together or separating toxins from something good but they are no competition for God. ;D  
 Give some thought to vessels of honor and dishonor, and the explanations and understanding of it become unlimited but very fulfilling to put it mildly.
Peace
Roy
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 12:09:43 PM by Roy Martin »

Marky Mark

Re: Vessels
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 10:31:51 AM »

and definitely not words to be read over in passing. Never on my own would or could I see so much said and explained in the words; God creates vessels of honor and vessels of dishonor.

Roy,when God lets one see things of the Spirit and He removes our fleshy blinders,how sweet it is.

CLV
Tit 3:4 Yet when the kindness and fondness for humanity of our Saviour, God, made its advent,
Tit 3:5 not for works which are wrought in righteousness which we do, but according to His mercy, He saves us, through the bath of renascence and renewal of holy spirit,
Tit 3:6 which He pours out on us richly through Jesus Christ, our Saviour,
Tit 3:7 that, being justified in that One's grace, we may be becoming enjoyers, in expectation, of the allotment of life eonian."

GW
Tit 3:4  However, when God our Savior made his kindness and love for humanity appear,
Tit 3:5  he saved us, but not because of anything we had done to gain his approval. Instead, because of his mercy he saved us through the washing in which the Holy Spirit gives us new birth and renewal.
Tit 3:6  God poured a generous amount of the Spirit on us through Jesus Christ our Savior.
Tit 3:7  As a result, God in his kindness has given us his approval and we have become heirs who have the confidence that we have everlasting life.

Peace...Mark

Roy Coates

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 02:03:45 AM »

Roy,
A timely post. I committed a sin today. Not that big of a deal as the carnal mind would think. But I feel it was a sin just the same. Your thoughts about vessels hit me. I am not sure how it(my sin) will be used for good yet, but I know that it will have a good outcome in the end. I don't like my sinful nature anymore. Over the years it has got better. I thank God for giving me the desire to do better and found some relief(as usual) here on the forum.
Peace,
Roy C

Roy Martin

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 07:53:09 AM »

Quote from Rays Lof series;
Wow, here Paul plainly tells us that "...persecutions and tribulations... IS... the righteous Judgment of God..." Judgments are not always bad things that come upon us for committing sins. Judgment also involves trials, tests, persecution, tribulation, and many such things that sometimes makes life very difficult and uncomfortable, but also qualifies us to  "...be counted worthy of the Kingdom of God."

Peace
Roy

jacobbsladdr

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 08:13:56 PM »

I can personally attest to suffering persecutions and trials and tribulations moreso than usual these last few weeks... and it's getting progressively worse each day.  I was so mad the other day that I really just was talking out loud to God.  I admit, I was a little more than angry.. as I was talking, I started thinking about how blessed I am despite the hardships I'm involved in now, how it could be SO MUCH Worse.  Lately, the phrase, "if not for the grace of God, there go I" has been replaying over and over in my head.   I was driving home, venting and it hit me again.  Then I did a complete 180 and started talking to God about how blessed I am for my persecutions, trials and tribulations and how thankful I was to be shown love thru these events.  It was a process that took a few hours but in the end I felt much better about my recent and continuing problems and was even thankful for them.  I am really enjoying how God is communicating with me these days.

-JL

Marlene

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 09:59:42 PM »

JL, I know, exactly what you mean. I keep waiting to see what good comes out of all this. But, I know God has thrown some blessing in this already. Right, now I just cling to God and take it one day at a time. That, is really hard for me. Rght, before coming in here and finding Ray's website, I was being corrected by our Loving Father and did not know that he did not intend on sending me to Hell. That, was one huge blessing I will never forget.

I know, that right now about all I can do is pray without ceasing. Talk to him and he comforts me.  Now, I just ask God everyday to take care of all of you and help you. There is not one of us that are not going through something. Keep your chin up. Well, we should count our blessings cause they are many.

We are all blessed to know that God is Love and His Love never fails! There is no greater blessing then this.

In His Love,
Marlene

« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 10:02:45 PM by Marlene »

Roy Martin

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 11:29:48 PM »

Jacobs ladder, and you just thought it was you. Can you see how awesome it is that God turned you in the 180 and worked it out for you. You did nothing of your own. God was and is in control of that whole situation and turned it to something good. Your just the clay or vessel.

Peace
Roy
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 08:02:23 AM by Roy Martin »

9440geoff

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 06:16:59 PM »

I live in a village that is right next to Anduze, in the south of France. You may have heard of Anduze pots, as they are world famous and very expensive. There are many potteries all around us and during the 5 years that we've lived here we've often done a tour, to see if they have any damaged ones, which sell at a fraction of the 'perfect' price. If the base is slightly chipped and we turn it towards the wall, nobody ever sees it, and for all intents and purposes it is perfect.

We are all God's pots in various states of disrepair caused by our journey through this life, and it seems to me that God so often ignores our faults, because He is loving and patient, but the marvelous news is that we are being refurbished, eventually to become perfect.

So don't worry if you feel that you have a few cracks and blemishes, 'cos that's the way God made you, and He's not about to let His Spirit leak out of you.

Geoff

Roy Martin

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 06:46:36 PM »

Wow Geoff, your starting to sound like me. ;D :D ;D

Peace
Roy

ez2u

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 01:33:59 AM »

a week ago I went to see Bill Clinton speak.  He was in town and a quick engagement to our famous theater occurred  I was hoping
anyway  i didn't get in all the tickets went too fast.  As I was returning to my car i was talking to God  out loud!!!! in the parking lot.  No one was around it was dark  but...
what a nut i appear to be  .  quite a few years back i remember a little girl singing the twinkle twinkle little star  song.  She messed up and sang  " how i wonder who you are"?
interesting???  this was 35 years ago and it still resounds in my mind.  peggy 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.