bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: question about?  (Read 5707 times)

bible man

question about?
« on: October 06, 2009, 08:17:07 PM »

Hello saints my question is about the term outer darkness  what does it mean exactly?   

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

mharrell08

Re: question about?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 08:50:20 PM »

Hello saints my question is about the term outer darkness  what does it mean exactly?   

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Excerpt from Lake of Fire series Part 16-D1 (http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D1.htm):

We will also discuss in detail such words and phrases as:

"fire, furnace of fire,
salted with fire,
unquenchable fire,
hell fire,
Gehenna fire,
everlasting fire,
fire on the earth,
coals of fire,
tormented in flames,
lake of fire,
baptized by fire,
SAVED by fire,
worms that die not,
gnashing of teeth,
outer darkness,
tormented for ever and ever,
unpardonable sin,
broad is the way,
depart from me I never knew you,
the damnation of hell,
eternal damnation,
the resurrection of damnation,
he that believes not shall be damned,
everlasting punishment,
everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels"
and more.

This is a huge subject that will require additional parts beyond Part D.

Hello BibleMan,

The forum is for fellowship with like-minded believers in the scriptures and Ray's teachings. Ray has not yet taught on what the scriptures testify regarding 'outer darkness', 'weeping & gnashing of teeth', etc. These will be taught in future installments within the Lake of Fire series.

That is not to say that one cannot study on their own, or with other members in another setting but we do not want to allow teaching on this forum. With an open-ended question like you have presented, that usually ends up being the case.

Many may not realize this, but in the past before Ray taught on 'Gehenna Fire', there were threads where a member simply asked 'What does Gehenna Fire mean?' There would be multiple page threads with many unscriptural assumptions regarding Gehenna Fire. And all these members claimed in their responses, 'this is what the spirit is showing me'.

Well needless to say, when Ray taught FROM SCRIPTURE that all these symbolic, fires of judgment are all 1 in the same (http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D4.htm), NONE of these same members took the time to correct or remove their comments. It was never about the edification of the body of saints, but what 'new thing' they wanted to speculate about.

Long story short, this is just an attempt to nip that kind of behavior in the bud. We don't wish to limit discussion but we have to draw the line when members attempt to cross into teaching. This thread will remain open as long as that does not happen.

Thanks,

Marques

9440geoff

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 08:20:21 AM »

Hi bible-man,

This quote is taken fom Ray's letter to John Hagee:

No, "outer darkness" is not in a place called Hell. Those who are not allowed to sit down with Abraham in the Kingdom are cast into the darkness outside. Besides, how could Hell "fire" be so dark that one cannot see one's own hand in front of his face? Did you ever see a large fire on a dark night? It throws off a lot of light and it's easy to see your hand in front of your face.

Geoff

F@lgn0n

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 11:38:37 AM »

So, if we don't have 'Rays teaching' on a subject, how do we ever know that what we have determined from the scriptures is correct? (I'm not trying to be arrogant or disrepectful, but I am wondering if it's possible, in this forum, to have an insight that does not reference Ray's writings at all, and still be right?)

Marky Mark

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 11:55:37 AM »

So, if we don't have 'Rays teaching' on a subject, how do we ever know that what we have determined from the scriptures is correct? (I'm not trying to be arrogant or disrepectful, but I am wondering if it's possible, in this forum, to have an insight that does not reference Ray's writings at all, and still be right?)

This may be of some assistance F@lgnOn, on said subject.Hope it helps. :)

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Peace...Mark

mharrell08

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 12:02:31 PM »

So, if we don't have 'Rays teaching' on a subject, how do we ever know that what we have determined from the scriptures is correct?

F@lgn0n,

My comments were in regards to teaching on the forum, not what a member studies on their own or with others.

I would hope that everyone would rely on the scriptures to determine what they believe to be true or not. Didn't we all rely on the scriptures in determining if Ray's teachings were true or not?

(I'm not trying to be arrogant or disrepectful, but I am wondering if it's possible, in this forum, to have an insight that does not reference Ray's writings at all, and still be right?)

The forum is not a grounds for members to teach what they believe to be 'right'. Who would be the 'judge' of any and everyone's insight? That's not a job for the members or even the moderators.

There are multiple avenues that one can take to spread their deeper insight...either through home studies/meetings or the different internet options (social networking, blogs, website). But this forum is off-limits because it is Dennis & Ray's.

Hope everyone understands,

Marques

Kat

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 12:18:21 PM »

Hi F@lgn0n,

Who on this forum can say if anybody's insight is right or wrong?  Because some may agree, but then some might disagree, then you have a debate.  Some people come here and it seems to be their main objective to teach, others just want to throw in a bit of insight and we all have our speculations on different things in the Scriptures.  But it is not the purpose of this forum to unravel the mysteries of the Scriptures.  We all have a bases of truth that we believe and share here, Ray's teachings.  Staying within that parameter was intended so people could have a peaceful place to fellowship.  

Of course everyone should continue there studies in the Scriptures and maybe this is a good place to find someone of like mind to share your insights with.  The pm function can not be viewed by anybody else and is a good way to reach out to others for discussion.

Anyway just wanted to try an explain why we do not allow teaching here.  You can still email Ray your questions at L.RaySmith@comcast.net he does still answer emails.

mercy,peace and love
Kat

F@lgn0n

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 07:19:08 PM »

Thank u all for ur input. Perhaps I should apologise 4 my inherently inquisitive nature. I do believe that everyone I meet has something of value to offer. My main reason for coming to this forum is to learn. BTW, I have not yet read anything by Ray that I believe to be anything but the truth. I certainly do not intend to start any kind of debate or division. I am simply suggesting that the Spirit might use someone other than Ray to open our understanding in some things. Anyway, I fully understand the need that exists to protect this forum in the ways outlined in the links you all posted, and I do respect that. So . . . do we know what the 'outer darkness' is yet?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.