bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bright light  (Read 3208 times)

Pua Aloha

bright light
« on: October 07, 2009, 06:27:59 AM »

I have been basking in the Love of the Truth; how wonderful the Truth is! Everywhere I go, I am hoping for the chance to share it. Our Lord is so exciting; He sets me up to deliever the truth. Last week my boss asked me if I could work on Saturday, and I said sure, and he said the dispatch details would be in my mail box by the end of the day. My dispatch instructed me to pick up 45 adults from the University of the Nations ( a Christian school here in town that recieves students worldwide)   and take them to the beach for the day. ( I drive a school bus ). Auuwriite!! I was thinking, what will the Lord have me say to all these Christians of higher education from all parts of the world?! Sometimes He doesn't want me to speak at all, just be happy and enjoy the day. Sure enough the whole day was passing by that Saturday and I surely was enjoying it. It gave me time to write to my friend in prison, who, by the way, just revels in the copies of Ray's Bible Studies I send to him! Then it was time to drive back to town, about a 40 minute trip, and our Lord and I were having a talk about wether I would speak or not,what would I say, how would I initiate  a speach, etc.,etc..Then we approached the drop-off stop and I turned to one of the passengers and asked if it would be alright if I shared something. He was very agreeable! So I parked the school bus, got out of my seat and faced them all. And I said," Jesus spoke to the multitudes in parables, without a parable He spaketh not, even His own diciples didn't understand and said "Lord, declare unto us this parable"and Jesus replied, 'it has been given unto you but to them it has not" I went on to challenge them ,today, to read the parable of Lazurus and the Rich Man, and told them it is not a simple story of two men and heaven and hell...I also quoted 1Tim. 4:10, and I know I said some other things but can't remember right now. But I knew they were hot and tired so I kept it short. The main point I was making to them was, even if you are condemmed with the world, that's not the end, God will's everyone to be saved, and His will will be done, for every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess, that Jesus is Lord!!! Then I thanked them with a smile from ear to ear!! It was wonderful! As they exited the bus, I looked at each one of them with a smile. One man retorted," Only believers will be saved in 1 Tim.! and I answered,"Yes, belivers will be especially saved, not exclusively!" One man shook my hand, others were bewildered, finally the leader was last and he was elated and gave me a $30.00 tip!!

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: bright light
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 07:33:51 PM »

What a great read!  Thanks for sharing.   ;D

It's odd, but have been thinking a lot about just that thing lately.  How is it even possible for the parables (and especially Lazarus and the Rich man) to mean what christendom thinks they mean?  It completely contradicts Christ's statement that he spoke in them IN ORDER to HIDE what He is saying, not reveal it except to those He has chosen.  He does that ON PURPOSE!  Amazing.

God bless you.  And prayers for that little outing, especially the leader.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Marlene

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 10:05:43 PM »

How wonderful of a testimony!

In His Love,
Marlene

EKnight

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 10:21:46 PM »

I hope our Lord continues to guide you on your journey.  Thanks for sharing your story and for courageously sharing with the people on the bus.

Eileen

gmik

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 09:12:09 PM »

:D Cool testimony!

(hey Eileen, the Lord probably hasn't called us to be doing that!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.